So during my first trimester I wasn't that terribly sick, like you hear horror stories of women who can't go a day without puking like seven times--That wasn't me, but I WAS tired...all. the. time. I did get a taste of nasty sickness, but my point is, I didn't really do much besides sleep (after school that is). I didn't do anything! So, now I am barely into my second trimester and I feel great, and all of a sudden I am motivated to DO things.
So on Friday was my second doctors appointment, and everything is going great, got to hear the squishy sound of our baby's heartbeat again, and I'm measuring normal etc. Now, on my NEXT appointment we'll get to find out the gender. Feb. 5. oh man. So excited.
Now, as I'm imagining all the fun things I'm going to want to make when I find out what we're having, I'm thinking to myself...oh my gosh, I'm not going to want to do anything else except baby stuff (craft-wise anyway). The problem is, I have a bunch of projects and things I am behind on....so I gotta get them done before I find out what I'm having! So this weekend I set to work on a project I started in the SUMMER...to scrapbook our trip to Hawaii when John was on leave last year. Last summer I put each section of photo's with coordinating paper, and also accessories like flowers, buttons, title's ribbons etc, and I put each page layout in a giant ziploc so that when I had an hour or two I could snag a baggie and not have to haul out every bit of scrappy stuff I had. Well...this was a dream to work with, I plowed through 40 scrapbook pages in a day and a half, and finished and entire scrapbook in 2 days. Whew. It was awesome. (I didn't realize I could fill an entire book with pictures from 2 weeks, but well, I did)
so here's the finished product and a few of my fav. pages :)
This is for mom, (she's been bugging me for 3 weeks to get her a pic of my haircut)
Other things on my to-do list...
-Finish my masters thesis...YUCK!
-Finish a quilt ( I have the top pieces sewn, need to put it together, learn how to stipple, and bind it!
-Scrapbook my trip to Jordan...considering doing an online digital then made into a book for that...any suggestions?
-finish curtains for my classroom!!! (So I'll at least have a few months to use them!!!)
-I can't remember the little things, mending, refashioning, bedazzling etc...but I have enough to keep me super busy!
Wish me luck!

10 comments:
I just wrote you the longest comment and then E sneezed on me and I pushed some buttons and deleted it. UGH!!!
Anyway, you're gorgeous, your scrapbook is gorgeous, and I'm glad you're feeling great.
Blurb and lulu make really nice digital books, I love them and they are so fun to make.
Can't wait to see the rest of the projects...even if you ARE making me feel super lazy because I usually accomplish nothing during the day.
Holy smokes!! You did that WHOLE scrapbook in 2 days!! You go girl!! haha I'm glad you're feeling great and i CANNOT wait to find out what that little baby is!!! Good luck on all your crafties! And we should do something this weekend! Love you!
Court!
You inspire me to get off my buttocks and get scrapbooking!
A couple of sites you could use for your scrapbook of Jordan...(if you want to use your blog posts and put that into a book format)
- www.blurb.com
- http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/cutestblog/index.html
You can also use a program called Scrapbook Max (it's a digital scrapbook program...it's perfect for me, 'cause it's VERY user-friendly). I think it costs like $40, but it has tons of premade layouts, digital papers, embellishments, and yada, yada. Plus I know of tons of "freebie" sites where you can get tons of papers, fonts, and more embellies, etc! Just send me an email if you need more info! deriknamanda(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Plus, I found an amazing (and very cost-friendly) place you can print digital scrapbook pages... it's called Scrapbooks Please. www.scrapbooksplease.com
You can order a sample of all their paper types and prices. The basic is all I ever print, and it's quite often on sale for as low as .79 cents per page (very, very good deal). Sorry, this was quite the diatribe! Good luck!
how cute are you? way! i did our trip to hawaii kinda like that too, i used all the same paper and simple layouts, it was smaller though, only 8x8 cause that's all i had energy for. pregnancy sure sucks it out of ya, doesn't it? i'm only now starting to get some energy back...can't wait to hear what you're having! we find out this friday, providing the baby cooperates. ;)
Good Job on your scrapbook--it looks fantastic!
Love your hair cut--you are too beautiful for words!!
NOW!!!
Stop crafting and get your homework done!(imagine that said in my most firm, bossy mom voice)
Seriously I love you and am so proud of you---you can finish it whenever you want to,but remember it will only get harder to finish the longer you put it off>
Mom
thanks mom....i know...i'll read your comment over and over until I am actually motivated to MOVE on it! Love you
I am very impressed with you doing a scrap book in 2 days because you usually spend 2 days on ONE page- atleast that's how you used to be? I'm proud of you. You better calm down or you're going to get sick, you have so many things on your to do list, maybe you should cut out a few- like the curtains for your class room? or something... I just don't want you to get so stressed and get sick. Your hair is cute- yours and steph's hair is crazy, it's like celebrity hair, this long volumous thick hair with perfect curls- I wish I could find a wig like that. love you-
Congrats on the upcoming arrival! It is such a good idea to get everything done now. I promise toward the end you won't feel like doing anything. I spent my entire 2nd trimester sewing baby stuff and I'm so glad I did! I was a total slug the 3rd trimester!
I love your hair and scrapbook! And I can't wait to find out what you're having! :o)
I love your scrapbook pages, you are so great at that and good for you for making time for it. I loved your idea of putting things away together so you will be ready when you have time to do it. I'm going to try it.
You look beautiful pregnant and I am so excited to hear what your little baby is going to be. I'm so glad your pregnancy is going well.
Love your hair! I was almost excited that you cut it short! Goodness, no wonder you are tired...after a full day of work you have even more crafty work waiting at home. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the baby's room. Of course I have tons of cute boy ideas. Do a google search for stardust shoes. They are a cloth shoe that is relatively easy to sew. You'll love them! I can't wait to come see you all. I may come over for a visit the week of Feb 22nd. Hope you will be around. Most likely I will stay at your house since the Baerwaldt crib is stuffed to the max. Hooray for puppies, tails, and snails.
Post a Comment