Thursday, January 17, 2008

Holiday Madness, finally settling down and finally an update :)

WOW it's been a REALLY long time...it was time for a new post like a month and a half ago...sorry! SO a quick update,

Holidays:
Awesome! Our first Christmas together was great! We spent the 21, 22, and 23 here in Utah with John's family. His dad Lane was visiting from Israel, and it was fun to be with the whole gang together, we went sledding at Soldier Hollow in Morgan. On the evening of the 23 we drove to Oregon...one shot, a lot of driving! 15 hours later we're home and beginning Christmas festivities at Mom and Dad's house...okay it's weird to me saying Mom and Dad's house instead of home...did anyone else have a hard time adjusting to that??? Okay John was so thoughtful in his gift giving, and my favorite gift I think was a pair of red rain boots with white polka-dots! They are SO cute! Also, my parents got us the DVD series "planet earth", oh man it's my FAVORITE thing to watch! We spent a few days at the beach with the fam, and it was SO fun! Fun to have Nate and Amy and their kids, and SO fun to have Joey spend the whole time there with us! It's been awhile since his presence at family functions has been constant, and I just love his guts it was SO fun to spend time with him! It was also really fun to see my family get to know John as he came out of his shell...he is apparently the best at charades and Cranium! Who knew! He also jumped into the stormy ocean with his clothes on...on purpose! CARAZY!!! William and Lily are so Hilarious, I started calling Lily Tootle-Bug in Nauvoo this summer, now when anyone asks her what her name is she says "Tooda-Bug, Rufie" (her name is Lily Ruth...:)) William adores John, they play ninja's and star wars and Buzz Lightyear, it's awesome!

New Years:
We spent New Years at Mom and Dad's with the Jolley's as always and played games...it was my very first new years with someone to smooch! Ooh La La! :) The next morning we drove to California...another 15 hours. And we almost hit a wolf! Like a real wild crazy wolf! It was a close one, good thing John was driving, if I had been, the wolf woulda been a gonner! We went to Disneyland with Johns family for 3 days, it was madness! I mean don't get me wrong it was the happiest place on earth, it was just crazy trying to coordinate every one's wants and the little kids needs, whew I don't think I would ever go with a group like that again too much of a headache! But I did go to the California side for the first time, that California Screamin is insane, and so in the Hollywood Tower! My favorite is still Indiana Jones though, can't be beat!

Monterey
After Disneyland we drove another 6 or so ours north to Gilroy Cali. to see John's Grandparents for 4 days. It was nice to relax with them after Disneyland, and we went to Monterey and Carmel, it was gorgeous! We went to the Monterey Aquarium and saw all kinds of crazy fish and creatures, I love that kind of thing! We also did a lot of Shopping, and I finally got to but some much needed new clothes for John, ladies- do you got my back on that? Did anyone else's husband need fashion help after you got married? Of course I got some screamin deals for myself as well, I think I hit a record even for myself, at Ross I got 2 skirts, some panty-hose, and SEVEN shirts, all so cute okay TEN items and I spent 29 dollars!!! Dang I am so good! Shopping like that gives me a high, it really does! I wish finding good deals could be my job, and it's hard to find people that really appreciate a good bargain around here:)

HOME :)
After 3 weeks on the road I must say the drive home was a welcome one, another 16-17 hours drive and we were back in good ole SLC. That's like a boat-load of driving, seriously! SO now I'm back in School and somewhat of a routine. John leaves for training Feb 26 to Washington state for 2 months, and then over the middle east for 10 months...I'm keeping my chin up though, or trying to. Packing to move is so depressing, I feel like somebody popped my bright red balloon. But We both know it's where he belongs so that brings me comfort. It will be a busy year for me, I'll do details later.

Anyway, that's an update, much needed... here's some pics from our travels :)

Okay so Lily is so girly, I got out my old tea sets from the attic and we had a tea party, it was so fun!
Me and Tootle bug at the beach, she looks so cold!My new red boots:)Me and scooter racing the waves, I love that kid!

Steph, me and Mom at the beach
This is my..."how many more lines do we have to wait in?" Smile
Sporting some sweet Disneyland paraphernalia, those ears aren't mine, but I think they suit me :)
Ahhh the happiest place on earth, everything was decked out for the holidays notice how the castle is all snow clad and such

At the tide pools in Monterey, it was such a gorgeous day!This is a lighthouse behind a golf course, you all know my love for lighthouses! We went to the Ghiradelli Chocolate store in Monterey, these sundaes were HUGE! And you better believe I ate every last spoonful! :) A great ending to a great couple of weeks!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! I'm so glad yo finally posted! I am exhausted from reading about all your adventures and all of your DRIVING! I'm so glad I got to see you, even if it was only for like 5 minutes. It will last me until next time!

I'm so sad that John has to leave for such a long time. That must be hard.

I love you tons, cute pics!

Emily said...

Oh yea, and PLEASE...ditch the word verification..I hate it!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

ohhhhh sist i am SOOOOOOO glad that you finally posted!!!!! i was getting So bored of taking the time to go to your blog and it being SO old!!!! I loved the pics So much! i had sucha FUn holiday!!! even though things were a little rough for me you were there with me the whole way!!!! i had So much fun with you!!! i love your guts more than you know!!!! you're so great to me and sometimes i don't show how much i appreciate you but oh my goodness...heavenly father knew that you would be a huge strength in my life and he blessed me with you!!! i am grateful everyday for you!!! i'm glad that you have a fun trip!!! i love you!!!!:)

*Stephanie Lance* said...

P.S. that picture of me and you and mom....GROSSSSSS!!!!!! hahahah i look pretty nasty!!! you guys look cute but i'm just nasty! maybe it might be a good idea to take that pic off!!! hahah

Danielle said...

Courtenay, you are SO beautiful! You're whole family is! I loved all the pics! I got planet earth for clay for his last birthday and he LOVED it. I watched it sometimes, but usually did my own thing while he watched it. But it is way cool. You guys were way busy! I can't believe John is leaving for a whole year. I am so sorry about that. Are you staying in SLC? It was so great to have an update from you! I love hearing about your life. Love ya!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Finally a post! I gave up checking! And now I find out you have posted! Ok- where to begin- HOLY LOTS OF DRIVING! I bet you never want to go on a car trip again, atleast for awhile. Yowsa. You are so beautiful! every picture- even the silly face on in line you are gorgeous- I love it. OK- teh fashion- heheh. Let's just say that we got married in September and Mike's birthday THANKGOODNESS was October 7th, and he ONLY got clothes- hehehee. I always go with Mike if he is getting clothes now. man crazy life for you right now. I love you.