Sunday, February 3, 2008

Auditions and Scuba Diving....

This weekend I auditioned for the Core Cast of the Nauvoo Pageant...a show in Nauvoo that I did last year with my brothers, but this was an audition for one of the full time, and speaking roles. Okay so first of all I was so so nervous! The audition consisted of having to sing 2 songs and do a reading of some material from the Pageant you've never seen before...so I was so nervous and totally bombed the singing part, if you know me well, then you know that I do NOT sing solos, so that in itself was a feat for me :) The music director did say though that I was very sincere when I sang. Then I went into a room with a group of about 11 other people for the reading, we introduced ourselves and why we were there to audition, I said that I was there because I have testimony of Joseph Smith and The Restored Gospel, and that I wanted to be a part of sharing the gospel through the pageant. We read from a part of the pageant where the Relief Society was organized, it was amazing! We discussed what it would have been like for these women at hte beginning of the organization of the RS and it was very powerful. All I can say is that it was very uplifting, very spiritually filling, and I loved it! I got a call that night at like 10:30 saying I made it to call backs...I was ecstatic! So excited, Call backs were ALL day starting at 7:30 AM. It was a day full of reading and discussing and trying this or that again, we took a break for President Hinkley's Funeral and then continued to work. My favorite part was reading a scene where Joseph and Hyrum have just been martyred, and the saints are relating what it was like, I read a line that went something like this: "That Day, an unspeakable sorrow settled upon all the saint in Nauvoo, and Abroad." Boy did I relate to that feeling of loss...I know President Hinkley certainly wasn't martyred, but the love I have for Him and his service in my life gave me a beautiful insight as I read those words in that scene. The day was an emotional one for many of us there, being touched by the testimonies and hardships of the early saints. I feel so privileged to be a part of it. It was also Heaps of fun! I got paired up with a man who was my "husband" and we both were to have heavy british accents, oh man...he came up to me and said hey, looks like we got stuck with the accents, lets just have fun with it! And we did! It was awesome!
I won't know for like a month if I made it into the Cast, I would love it so much, But honestly, just to be a part of it yesterday was delightful! I met a lot of wonderful people, and Nate came to help out (reading with people since he's been in it before) It was really fin to be there with him!
The only bummer thing was it lasted ALL day, and John actually had the day off from his Army Training! He did bring me a picnic and watch the Funeral with us though :)

Also, My birthday is in a couple weeks, and for my birthday I am taking Scuba Diving Lessons! RANDOM I know, I'm still a tiny bit unsure about it, Ive been reading my books and doing my homework though, and my first class is on Tuesday! I'll let you know how it goes! In the fall when I am in Jordan, John will get a 2 week leave, and we'll go Scuba Diving in Egypt, the Red sea I think...It sounds so so Crazy, I never would have imagined myself doing this, but here I am! Here's a picture of me tonight, John was finding me all the gear I'll need for my class on Tuesday, I've got my Divers Log in hand...Man that snorkel sure is flattering!

8 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

cool! I want to go scuba diving some day! That is so cool you did teh auditions. I'm so proud of you! Man, i would be so nervous- and my voice would be shakey. I knew you would get called back. I know between your acting, voice and spirit you'd be called back. I hope you make it!! Sounds like it was fun anyway. That's cool you and John had a picnic and he came for teh funeral. Is that your apartment in teh backround? Take pictures of your apt. and blog it. If that is your apt. it's really cute, and where did you get those couches??? They're nice! I love you,

the splendid life of us... said...

I LOVE this picture, you are so cute and funny! How cool to be a part of the Nauvoo pageant!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

you are,without a doubt, the COOLEST person ever! SCUBA DIVING?! i'm so jealous!!!! and court, i really hope the Nauvoo pageant thing works out, I know you'd be perfect for it!

I can't believe I was so close to your HOUSEEE!!!! well we're going back down when they film HSM3, so i'll definately be stoppin in, especially because da mall will be there too!

love you!

Emily said...

That is totally radical! Good for you for auditioning and doing a SOLO! My worst nightmare!

And scuba lessons, you are so awesome! Those flippers go really well with that dress!

You're so cute, and what the heck...you're going to Jordan?

Chad and Jessica said...

OH my goodness, it sounds like you are having so much fun! Yay. I love trying new things.....scuba diving in the Red Sea? Oh, you make me sick.....I would LOVE to do that. Well, please blog all about it so I can experience the thrills vicariously....tehe.
I know your audition was great. I can tell how genuine and real it was just by what you wrote. How cool are you? I love how busy you're keeping yourself....way to go sista!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

ok sist well first of all...i am SOOOOOO freakin proud of you!!!! You are such a great example to me and i'm just so proud of you for goin for it and doing so well!!! i just love you! Second...i think it's so freakin awesome that you are taking scuba diving lessons!!! that is so great!!! you're the bomb!!! i'm so lucky to have you!! love you!!!

LeAnn said...

I truely love your sense of STYLE Court!

Carol and Bruce said...

So fun to read and catch up on all you have been doing. You are having such an exciting life and I am so happy for you and hope you make it into the pagent. Love your outfit and thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh. Can't wait until you come to visit.