Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Monterey



















I've been spending time with Johns Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins in Gilroy California. It's awesome. Playing games, eating good food, playing at the beach, and best of all shopping!!! I'm having so much fun, On Saturday I went to San Francisco and saw the Golden Gate Bridge, and the whole time I was thinking about that scene at the beginning of Full House where they're riding in the covertible with Uncle Jessie and Joey and baby Michelle in the back seat...ahh the memories! Remember ...

What ever happened to predictibility?
The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV.

Everywhere you look , everywhere you go (there's a heart).
There's a heart
A hand to hold onto.

Everywhere you look , everywhere you go.
There's a face
Of somebody who needs you.

Everywhere you look,
When you're lost out there and you're all alone,
A light is waiting to carry you home,
Everywhere you look.
Everywhere you look.

Oh man, I love it. And you'll never believe what I saw there! DOLPHINS!!! Yeah, real wild Dolphins! And Jelly fish! It was so amazing! And we went to Ghiradelli square and bought jewelry from some street vendors. We also went to China Town where we learned some cool oragami from a little chinese girl. It was pretty cool!

We also went to Monterey where we played on the beach, explored all the shops on the wharf, had some seafood, and among other things we found a brittish looking telephone booth and tried to see how many people we could fit into it!!! We fit 8 adults...I think we could have fit a few little kids in too if they were around. Also we took a tour of the bay in a glass bottom boat...it sounded pretty cool, but it the glass bottom part was LAME, we did get really close to some playful sea otters and seals though, it was pretty cool.

The thingt about being here with John's family is that I just miss John more! He's doing pretty good though, he's finally venturing out with his team on some missions. He says that the landscape is similar to Utah, and parts of Oregon, he says west of Jalalabad is heavily wooded, and east of Jalalabad is like southern Utah, minus the red rock...but ti is really rocky and dusty. He says it's getting up to 110 degrees, and will only get hotter....yuck! It's also pretty humid! But he says thanks for everyone's prayers!

That's all for now, I've got more adventures tomorrow...













These funny sea lions were basking on a rock, but when the tide came in, the didn't want to get wet, pretty funny!



15 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, you are having so many cool adventures! I LOVED when you sent me that text of the bridge! I had watched full house that day! I think it's great that you are getting so spend time with his family and get to know them better. SO cool. Now come and visit me.

LeAnn said...

I'm glad you are having so much fun.Thanks for sharing the pictures of your adventures. I still don't know about seeing Dolphins in such cold water--I still think they are just very tricky sharks! jk.
Love, Mom

Emily said...

Lol...your mom is funny.

Don't tease me like that...are you serious about coming to see me? PLEASE!!!! We would have so much fun!!!

The Jenkins said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!! Do you remember me? Tara Hill from Glenwood!!! Well, now Tara Jenkins. I was Erica's roommate. I miss you tons. How are you cute girl? I am so glad that I saw you on Erica's page. Hope all is well.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Yay for Monterey and California! I'm so glad you have a blog. Now we can stay in touch when you leave us on Saturday. :-( Better than leaving yesterday...all those clothes you got were worth staying alone, right? hehe.

Chad and Jessica said...

How cool! Okay, I'm trying hard not to be jealous....I would LOVE to go to San Fran. But, I will one day. That photo booth stuffing is hilarious, how funny! And I can totally picture the Full House part you're talking about....Uncle Jesse is SOOOO cute....well....once he got rid of his mullet...lol! Keep having fun!

Danielle said...

How fun! I loved the pics! You are so pretty and stylish. I love full house. By the way- someone named "Rory and Jess" commented on your blog- have you seen gilmore girls? Have THEY seen gilmore girls? If they are a real couple that is just lovely. I hope you know what I mean by that. Hahha. Oh well- Love you!!!

Jenni Call said...

Yo, yo, yo! How fun! I am so glad you were able to go. The phone booth pics made me laugh. Mom said something abt your purse...total bummer. Some dummy stole our credit card number (AGAIN). Hate that. Your little quip abt Full House brought back some memories. Gotta love those June Roses for our December memories.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Ok so first of all YOU ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!! oh my gosh! Second, i'm SO jealous that you get to go shopping! i'm WAY too poor to ever go shopping again!!! Third, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you put the full house song in your blog! haha first i read it and did not get it at all and i was like hmmmmm thats wierd! haha silly me! Anyway, i'm SO glad that you are having so much fun! I love you oh so much and i can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!! YAY for family reunions!!! WOO, YEAH, FREAK! It's awesome! Kadis Kada

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Man, I never check your blog, becaues usually there's nothing there- and then I check it and there's a million stuff! That's cool you're visiting CA, and the golden bridge! I have never been there!!! That is awesome! and hilarious that you remember the words to teh theme song- I love you- you look beautiful in the pictures. I miss you, are ytou visiting home soon???

Unknown said...

Blah blah blah! get to the good part! Tell about your trip to D-land and how you get to live with your cool brother.

Carol and Bruce said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! Court, I'm glad you are doing some great things, I bet it helps a lot while your hubby is gone. I went to Monteray with Melanie this Spring Break and I love that place. And of cours, it is extra cool that you get to live with your great brother and go to Disneyland with them! Tell them all hello for us and have fun with your family next week.

Lamb Fam said...

Hey Court! Your blog's adorable! You're adorable...

Linda Horsley said...

It looks like you are having fun. Good for you! I miss you! Take care! Love Ya!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

hey there! So what are you up to these days anyway? you need to post more girly! lol. It is soo cute how Jarom and Stephanie have hit it off. He's always showing me her texts too! and he's been helping work on our house, but stops every 5 minutes to text her. hehe! I can't wait to meet her too, I just hope I'm not in labor or something crazy when she comes down. lol. You need to come visit again someday after the baby comes!! :-D