Also, I been on a scrapbooking frenzie! I even dream about scrapbooking! Kristen and I spread out all of our stuff all over the kitchen and get to work. Sometimes we watch shows or movies while we scrapbook, and sometimes we sing...yeah it's kind of hilarious, we just try to make eachother laugh really hard. Anyway, I have easily multiplied my supply by 2 in the last week...the good news is, I'm not just wasting money, because I'm using everything and making beautiful memories! So in Spanish Fork I discovered my favorite scrappin store, and they had a sidewalk sale this week...AWESOME right? Well yeah awesome yes but not so awesome that I found myself there spending too much money 3 times this week! Yowza...
All of our beautiful findings!
Don't tell...we sorta have a lot of stuff...
So yesterday (saturday) I went with Ben and Kristen to Salt lake to look at a car they wanted to purchase...while we were in Salt Lake, their Dodge Intrepid broke down, so we pulled into a mcDonalds parking lot and when we lifted the hood, there was tons of smoke and green liquid (anti-freeze) all over the engine and everything. Meanwhile we are supposed to be meeting a guy who happens to be foreigner about 10 minutes away from where we had broken down. So the guy comes to pick up Ben to go look at the car, and Kristen and I are left with the kids at McDonalds. SO we eat some lunch and start talking about the car problem, a guy inside McDonalds hears us and offers to help....turns out he didn't know much. But soon after he left a guy in a swanky black Limousine pulls over and offers to help, and he was a big help and had some suggestions. He was very friendly, and as he was leaving I asked if we could look around in his limo...oh man Dylan and Kaci loved it! The guy even gave them a soda...can you imagin being a 5 or 7 year old and getting to be inside a limo? Well they loved it! So then we knew what we had to do, get to an auto parts store...but we had no mode of transportation, it was 105 degrees outside and the closest place that had the stuff we needed was a few miles away, not an option to walk, especially not with Dylan and Kaci...so we convinced a guy who worked at the McDonalds to give us a ride. When we said we were going with him and to get in the car, Dylan said WHAT? WE"RE RIDING WITH A STRANGER??? NO WAY!
Anyway, we got there and back with the tools and stuff we needed, we fixed the problem, yes that's right, I cleaned out a car part, and quick-steeled it back together...so tough! So then the car was fixed-ish and we just had to wait for Ben...by now it had been 2 1/2 hours waiting. so we went inside the McDonalds to wait. BORING! Luckily I always keep a deck of cards in my purse and we played go fish for like an hour, and then I fell asleep on the table, and then we went outside to find a nice shade tree to wait...and wait...and wait some more for a total of 51/2 hours at the McDonalds....that's a LOOOOONG time folks! I would not recommend it. On the bright side though Ben did get the car, it;s a '99 honda civic, green with a totally insane ghetto spoiler on the back! Also, it was really cool to see how many people come out of the woodwork in a situation like this to help you out. It's a comforting feeling to know that people are good. People are amazing, and we were blessed with some awesome new friends:)
This is yours truly FIXING the busted part with quick steel....I am so tough!
Playing Go fish at McDonald's

Drinking my THIRD Extra Large Light Lemonade of the day...my favorite summertime refresher!
Underneath our shade tree...we were so bored going on hour 4, we took some GLAMOR shots...yeah we were REALLY bored!

And finally, this sweet little coupe...Ben named it Arturo, after the Mexican guy who sold it to him, they became pretty good friends despite the language barrier , but who could blame them, I mean they did spend all day together! **Notice the wicked sweet spoiler and tail lights, also the lettering on the back reads: "Insane Clown Posse"...that kinds of says it all!
Playing Go fish at McDonald's
Drinking my THIRD Extra Large Light Lemonade of the day...my favorite summertime refresher!
Underneath our shade tree...we were so bored going on hour 4, we took some GLAMOR shots...yeah we were REALLY bored!

And finally, this sweet little coupe...Ben named it Arturo, after the Mexican guy who sold it to him, they became pretty good friends despite the language barrier , but who could blame them, I mean they did spend all day together! **Notice the wicked sweet spoiler and tail lights, also the lettering on the back reads: "Insane Clown Posse"...that kinds of says it all!


11 comments:
Yay! a post! I was just telling Stephanie that you need to post again. haha. Her and Jarom just left for the airport and are the cutest thing since sliced bread...or something else cute. lol. I love your scrapbooking pile o' stuff! Next time you come to visit we will scrap ourselves silly! Your dream you told me about is hilarious...that's totally how it would be too! :-D
Wow! You got some great deals--I am so jelous. I am glad you made some new friends, and I am glad the "Arturo" has such a cool story to go along with it's awsome cool looks.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your stories!!
Looks like you are having lots of adventures in South County! How fun. Jason and I are hoping to make it down to Payson during cherry picking season and getting some seeded cherries from Phelps for canning.... Enjoy your stay and your proximity to Provo Craft warehouse. (I'm guessing that's where you got your scrapbook stuff?)
ha that is hilarious! where did you learn how to fix a car? cute pics. that's a really good idea to keep cards in your purse just incase. love you.
oopsy- the above comment is from AMY- I'm signed in under my mom's name.
Such a fun post! I'm glad you have such great family to take care of you! You girls are all so beautiful! I am laughing so hard at Ben's new car. Oh man the spoiler just kills me.
I love the scrapbooking pictures too, so cute!
I LOVE YOU!
Another fabulous post. I must say, your voluptuous hair is dazzling. Seriously, it's so beautiful. And you guys are such good sports with the whole McDonalds thing. LOl And the scrapbooking pics are priceless! Fun fun fun.
Your comments make me smile, thanks for visiting my blog! I SO remember all those things...I always think of you when we get crazy storms here. Dariano always used to watch Kipper...he got me hooked on it.
You're the best!
Ok, so this is a pretty loaded blog so let me first start and tell you that it made me cry! i know it doesn't take a lot for me to cry but just that you get to be so close to everyone and the kids and everything! i wish so bad that i could have that but you totally deserve it!!!! They are the BEST!!! I just wish we could all be together! maybe someday!! Second, all of thos pictures are SO adorable! oh my gosh how fun! Third, I LOVE pioneer day but no one EVER does anything anymore, unless you're in Utah of course! fourth, I'm SO jealous of all the good deals you found! HOly crap that's a LOT of scrapbooking stuff! Fifth, LOVE the glamour shots! Sixth, hahahaha that sounds like quite an adventure with the car and stuff. At least you and kris had each other. If not for you, i think she would have wanted to DIE! hahha i LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!!!! I'm so glad that you're having so much fun with everyone! LUCKY!!!! :) love ya!
ok those pictures are just TOO DANG CUTE!!!! and the whole car situation is actually kind of cracking me up, but it's pretty sweet.... niiiice, nice! hahaha!!! I'm so glad you have so much fun with all that freakin cool fam you have down there! oh and, court- i'm so jealous of all your scrapbook stuff... i'm pretty sure that cost my life savings... you lucky rich woman!love your guts!
hey thanks! I am going to post some pics of the nursery tomorrow, so look out! I hope we are related in more than one way too, before long...lol. I've never seen my brother this happy and excited. It's really cute! And yes, it's baby time...she needs to come now! I'm tired of waiting. and being pregnant and huge. haha!
Post a Comment