Monday, August 4, 2008

Hobble Creek camping!


So all summer we've been wanting to go camping, but Amy's belly keeps getting more and more ripe, and every weekend seems to prevent us from venturing out with the gang. So on Friday Amy said okay we ARE going camping tonight, its the last chance we have, because I'm not going when I'm any more pregnant than this! Poor thing, camping (sleeping on the ground, even with a foam pad )with a melon equal to your body weight strapped to your abdomen can't be fun...but she's such a good sport. Well we assessed our supplies (all my camping gear is in Storage with the bulk of my belongings) so we had one sleeping bag and a camp chair...but we were determined. We borrowed a few things, thanks to Ben and Kris for letting us borrow your tent...a somewhat essential item when family camping...and getting a few groceries we set off. Our camp site was perfect, not too crowded (okay way too crowded for my liking, but I really needed some outdoor therapy) nice and shady, a very good flat tent spot, and a great cemented picnic table and fire pit. The highlights included... -Lily playing in the dirt...the ENTIRE time -Williams fascination with the fire, and sticks, not a good combo for a crazy wild 5 year old
-Roasting mallows with a tootsie roll on the end, I don't know if anyone has ever done that, bu as far as I'm concerned I made it up...SO delicious!
-telling stories while we fell asleep -Nate whiddle-ing a wooden spoon out of some fire wood and finally...-falling asleep with Lily Ruth in my arms, but then waking up to Williams COLD FEET IN MY PAJAMA PANTS!!! That's right, I said In! I have no idea how that maneuver took place...silly kids! It was a fun adventure and much needed! I love living with this clan!

8 comments:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

ooh tootsie rolls...sounds good. Gertrude McGuffy face? hmm...it does have a certain ring to it. hehe!

Emily said...

OH man, cold feet in the pjs is never good. It sounds like so much fun, though. Good for Amy, she is such a trooper. By the way, I JUST found out that she was pregnant, so tell her congrats for me!

LeAnn said...

I love the details of your camping trip. You are so lucky to be so close to the kids etc. No wonder you are the favorite! I love you and miss you.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

oh man that sounds like SO much fun! i'm so glad that you have them so close! You're pretty dang lucky!! haha sounds like SO much fun!!!! niiiiiiice!!! hahah love you!!!

Jenni Call said...

Fun times! Don't you love camping?! I always was jealous of all my brothers because they went camping all the time with scouts. Bummer. Even Justin took off and went camping without me. Try roasting starbursts! Yummy, yummy

Jenni said...

that sounds like SO much fun!! court you all are So funny that I can only imagine that it was just a hilarious camping trip! And the whole mallows with tootsies thing... shooot girl, i'm on it! sounds great!!!

Natalie said...

It sounds like you are having a very fun summer. Shaylie says hello and that she misses you every day!! Take care..
natalie

E and J said...

I also find it hard to camp here! Camp grounds are so crowded and there are so few trees it's hard to feel "alone." It takes time to get used to, but I'll take it if it gets me out there!