say CHEESE!
Some of our group...Jess, Dina, Emile, Jacob, Jess, Carla, Me
We rode our camels around the desert and up to this point for a photo op in front of the Pyramids...My Camel has a great smile! (See the first pic on this post...;)
My camel kept making this funny noise as he blew air out of his mouth, it sounded like if someone was making a horse noise...only when my camel did it, he inflated something inside his mouth, like his cheek or side of his tongue or something. It was SO gross! It was even bigger than this picture, this is when it was going down. so gross and weird. This is not a normal thing for camels to do, even the Egyptians with their own camels were gawking at the freak camel!
My Friend Emile and I
My Friend Emile and IThe Sphinx was AMAZING! It was massive and just SO cool!
This is the whole YSA group. A great group of saints and friends.
This pic isn't the greatest, but its funny because we are eating at a Pizza hut with the Pyramids visible through the window...kinda funny...
The Nile River
This is the endless market called the Kahn a Khalili (Have NO idea how it's spelled) I had a LOT of fun bargaining with the shopkeepers about their wares. The market is very easy to get lost in. Most of the shops sell similar if not the same stuff, and they just keep going and going! We had 2 girls get lost and didn't meet up with our crew until 40 minutes after our meeting time.
Can you see the sign above me, "AMBER HOUSE for GEWEL RIES"... so funny! I also like the creepy man behind me looking at the camera.
Another merchant shop. SO much to look at!
Me and My drum. I got a great deal on this drum (I also bought another one...got a killer deal!)
Anyway the man who sold me this drum was a creep, as are many of the men here...I dare say most of the men here. He kept saying he would give me a lower price if I kissed him on the cheek. Yeah right. I kept saying no, and I was just ready to leave but my friends were still in his shop. But I also really wanted to get the drums. So I made my last offer 100 egyptain pounds for both drums...which is like $20 US, and he came too close for comfort and whispered in my ear a higher price or motioned that I kiss him and I'll get the price I wanted. I was SO grossed out, especially since he whispered in my ear, so he was pointing to his cheek and smiled saying 100 Pounds...so I kissed my hand and slapped his cheek with it, and firmly said 100 pounds. He was totally shocked...served him right, right? Needless to say I got them for 100 pounds. :) Most of the shopkeepers flirted with me...it got really old really fast, they would say things like "Hello American, Beautiful!" or "very nice eyes" or "please come to my shop, if you buy something here, I can tell everyone a Goddess came into my shop, be good for business" Whatever. One guy even stopped me while I was walking and said "Excuse me, you dropped something" I was surprised and looked down to see what I dropped, but he grabbed my hand and said "Oh, You dropped my heart" PAHLEESE!!!
Me and My drum. I got a great deal on this drum (I also bought another one...got a killer deal!)
Anyway the man who sold me this drum was a creep, as are many of the men here...I dare say most of the men here. He kept saying he would give me a lower price if I kissed him on the cheek. Yeah right. I kept saying no, and I was just ready to leave but my friends were still in his shop. But I also really wanted to get the drums. So I made my last offer 100 egyptain pounds for both drums...which is like $20 US, and he came too close for comfort and whispered in my ear a higher price or motioned that I kiss him and I'll get the price I wanted. I was SO grossed out, especially since he whispered in my ear, so he was pointing to his cheek and smiled saying 100 Pounds...so I kissed my hand and slapped his cheek with it, and firmly said 100 pounds. He was totally shocked...served him right, right? Needless to say I got them for 100 pounds. :) Most of the shopkeepers flirted with me...it got really old really fast, they would say things like "Hello American, Beautiful!" or "very nice eyes" or "please come to my shop, if you buy something here, I can tell everyone a Goddess came into my shop, be good for business" Whatever. One guy even stopped me while I was walking and said "Excuse me, you dropped something" I was surprised and looked down to see what I dropped, but he grabbed my hand and said "Oh, You dropped my heart" PAHLEESE!!!

12 comments:
OH MY GOSH! I can not believe you slapped that guy in the face! That is awesome! Good for you! I love reading about all of your travels, but man! That's just crazy!
Thanks for sharing all of your pictures, I've always wanted to go to Egypt, SO amazing!
You dropped my heart...good one!
Wow, Egypt looks AWESOME!!! I love the pizza hut picture...for some reason I just don't invision eating pizza while looking at ancient pyramids. I love your camel.
You are soooo cool!
Courtenay the heart breaker, huh? I LOVE that you smacked that guy in the face. I would never have the guts. Awesome!
Hey Courtenay! Thanks for finding me, I am so glad that we're in touch again. This Middle Eastern experience looks awesome! I can't wait to go. So what took you there?
feel free to email me too at
catherine.ethington at gmail
HA! Oh my gosh! I can't believe those stories about the men! So funny. But also creepy. You made me laugh when you pointed out the creepy man looking at the camera behind you in that one pic. I love LOVE LOVE the camel stories and pics! That first pic is insane! I wasn't sure until you confirmed it that it was actually real. Soooo silly and cool. Those pyramids look awesome. You make me want to go see Egypt! It looks awesome! You look beautiful as always!
Words can really not express how much I am floored about your expreiences. I just keep thinking that you are going to say just kidding and see the fake backdrops roll up mid picture or something. It looks like you are loving life and your experiences. That's my Court!
Looks like lots of fun. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. By the way, I requested you as a friend on Facebook.
~Erin
HI Courtenay. We hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. Thank you so much for the bag and perfume and the picture for Lane. We miss you! Thanks so much for coming to stay for a while. Loves, Mom
I love that you slapped him with your kiss. You're so awesome. Those are freakin sweet pictures with the pyramids and the camels!
It was so great to see you at Christmas.
Well, I am way behind reading your blog and it seem strange that you were there standing next to the pyrmaids and now you are here, AMAZING! What a cool experience, I would love to see them in person someday.
love you,
No way! You are doing things that we only dream of! AWESOME!
Post a Comment