I happened upon this FABULOUS already vinyl covered fabric at a quilt shop this weekend, it spoke to me...I had to have it and when I saw it I knew what needed to be done with it. I love it so much, when Mom and I drove home I asked her if she would lay the fabric out on her lap so I could glance at it while I was driving, it's a happy feeling. The actual recovering of the chairs took all of 15 minutes and then I just kept looking at them. So beautiful, so perfect, so me. Infact, when I had washed my face and brushed my teeth down stairs, I had to tip toe back upstairs and take a peek at the little beauties before I went to sleep. Now that is what I call a satisfying craft project!
This little darling is Penelope. I got the idea from a shop in Etsy, but the yo-yo feathers were my idea. She is SO cute, she turned out much cuter than even I imagined! :) Love when that happens. She will have a prominent place in my classroom, which by the way is coming along, if ever so slowly! :)
I scored this FABULOUS IKEA lampshade that has my name written all over it at a yard sale for 10 bucks, the lady had just taken it out of the plastic that day, LOVE IT!!!
This is my new craft space, it is ever so handy, and large and lovely. I have all my fabrics and crafties in just the right places, (I got the white shelves for free, they are brand new ikea shelves, I love my life!...long story)
Mom was here for a few days, much to my delight! we talked and went to visit grandies and talked and went to get ice cream and talked and went to a movie and talked and painted our nails and talked and ate yummy food and talked and talked and talked. It was SO good to have my mom all to my self for a lot of her visit, it was a much needed momma therapy! Thanks mom, I love your face!
This mobile was so fun to make! I got the idea from Jessica's blog, I think she made hers out of paper, these ones are double sided, one side is felt, the other is a fun scrap print. I glued the top circles onto an embroidery hoop. So fast and fun!
That's all for now, i have more to post BUT the rest of my cute stuff is at school!

10 comments:
Cute cute cute, all of it cute! Especially your face. How NICE to have your mom visit, that is so much fun!
Can't WAIT to see you in 2 weeks!
So cute. I love the mobile! I think i'm going to have to steal that one.
I want more pics! So cute and darling. What is the rest of the house looking like?
So cute! Ok- the way you were talking, it made it sound like the before pic was the final pic- and I hadn't scrolled down yet- and i"m looking at this chair and I'm thinking, "this is 'so courtenay'?" I guess I don't know courtenay like i thought I did, this is so strange, those are so ugly- and then I scrolled down- and then I saw the cute ones! Which yes- are so you! And so cute! But it was just so funny because you said, "they are so me"- that is really fun courtenay! and love your craft space. I loved it when you said, " i love my life" when you alluded to getting free shelves. that's how I feel about those kind of things- I think we just really have a nack for getting good stuff for free or cheap. It wouldl be so fun to live in teh same town and do our searches together- but we'd probably want the same thing- so I guess it's good we don't shop together! I love you! and I'm SO EXCITED to see you when you come. When are you coming? can't wait for you to kiss my bald head.
ahh! i love your crafty space! Isn't it the best to have a place just to do fun things? I love your chairs too, and yes, I stared at my couch a lot after i finished it, too. Love the mobile too! It turned out way cute! I did mine the lazy way. lol. I wish we lived closer, then we could have some crafty days!
Ok, your crafty room ROCKS! Your mom told me about it and she was totally right. It's awesome! i LOVE the lamp shade, i want it! And your chairs are totally your flow hahahaha!!! love you! Cant' wait to see you!
Courtenay- can you let me get away with thanking you online? I GOT YOUR HATS AND I LOVE THEM!!!!! They are so cute! Where did you get the pattern? I want to make more! So does my neighbor Amy, everyone loves them, and you did such an awesome job picking out fabrics and coordinating. I love them so much, and I love that you made them. Thankyou so much, and they came just in time! i love you
And when are you coming for the wedding? will you be here long? i hope so.
CUUUUUUTE!!!!! I love all of it!!! I'm so jealous of all your craftiness!!! You're so good!! and P.s. i'm SO jealous that you got to spend time with mom!!! That looks like SO much fun!!! I'll see you in a couple days though! YAHOOO!!!! love you!!
Hi, I forgot to save your number so I hope you get this. I don't think we can do peach days, I am totally bummed. I have been delaying making certain plans because MIke told me he had a scout camp but wasn't sure when, but last week he said it was during peach days. WE were going to go up Thursday, but nothing is going on thursday so we're just not going to go. Sorry for the change! We'll ahve to find something else fun to do. Secondly, look how cute and craft you are! I love all the stuff, in fact I kind of want to copy the owl and mobile you made. Maybe once a month or once every other month we should get together with ladies and just craft! P.S. thanks for the dress pattern number, I think they go on sale this upcoming week!
Post a Comment