Hmmm...I've always liked halloween, but never really got super into it. Well I've been on this crazy crafty-decoraty-repurposing-thrifting- kick the past few weeks. I'm a spray painting NUT, I have been sewing really really fun things, trying out some new skills, expanding my horizons if you will, and I have been having a blast!!! And doing some general decorating too :)
Mom, as promised here are pictures of what I've been working on, and believe it or not, this certainly isn't all, I have much more to blog about, but this will do for now :) ENJOY!

Made this peice of Yo-yo's to match a quilt I am making for the living room, I just learned how to "Stipple" that's the pretty design on the white part of the fabric :)

Learning, learning learning, I LOVE the look of this stuff! I was just dorkin around with some scraps and made this festive little wall hanging piece, I have a thing for owls right now....


Put the huge mirror up...

My favorite peices, these vases! Got them at COstco, I am obsessed, I just like to look at them, John let me get them for our anniversary...or something :)

The speakers on the left and right used to be ugly gray, they really stuck out, so I painted them covered them in fabric and now they don't look so gross :)...ooh also the candles on the right are from DI, they have a gold leaf on each of them, PRETTY!

A work in progress, still picking out some pictures to go in these frames, but I love the collage look, any picture suggestions??

I LOVE this picture of The Savior, John and I got the print for our house soon after we were married but we never framed it or anything, I finally bought a frame at the DI, painted the mat brown adn the inner mat gold, and the frame dark brown, I LOVE how it turned out!

Thrifted the vase, it's really pretty, you can't really tell in this sideways sad pic...but I wanted this tall grassy grainy stuff at the craft store, but I couldn't bring myself to spend 10 buck for weeds. So I made John help me cut some on the side of the freeway (Adorable mental pic right???) when we went to Logan for our anniversary {more on that later}...annyway, I love how it turned out, with my 1.00 vase and free ninety nine grass :)

Finally put up some decor, perfect spot for keys, mail etc...

Another sideways pic, but I just painted the basket thing, covering a lovely rooster...and stuck in some fall foliage:)

Haven't quite decided what to do on top of the table...
I thrifted this table, painted it black, thrifted the bushels, grew the pumpkins and squash, and made the boo banner out of scraps of thrifted wool blazers! Broom from the dollar store :)

Got these frames at DI fro under a buck each, painted them all black with spray paint, and downloaded some vintage halloween art, printed it out, and tadaaaaa! Also the mirror in the bck is a DI find too! Can you tell I LOVE the DI??? Click to enlarge this picture so you can see all the prints up close, they are ALL my favorite :)

I made this adorable tree out of a stick (I have been eyeing these babies at the craft stores you know, they're like 20 bucks and you cna put different ornament-ish things for each season etc) I found in my backyard, painted it brownish black, stuck it in a can and voila! I made the candy corns and steamer.banner out of felt, LOVE IT! and it only took me like 30 minutes from start to finish!

Got the clock on clearance, the candlestick for .75 at DI, the candle for .50 at DI, and the candy dish is from my BFF AMY from my bridal shower :) Love you!

POTION BOTTLES! I had originally planned to label these with some creepy clipart potion labels, but I like how they look together like this, got them all at the DI! I love the colored glass! The purple one is hiding in the back, but the shape is SO cool!

Got the little owlies at the DI too, used some old looking books, and stuck in a vintage picture of a cat and pumpkin into this painted DI frame. Cute no?

Bah, I can't figure out how to rotate these pics, sorry! This is the display when you walk in the front door :)
6 comments:
Hi Court,
Trying to pick my fav to comment on, but everything is so adorable! I love the owl wall hanging and the stuffed candycorn + banner tree. The vintage prints are uber cute too! I love the whole front porch set-up! Actually, I love it all! Can you come do my house now? (By the way, I use Irfanview to do things like rotate pictures - the download is free and it's super easy.)
Happy Thrifting!
wow girlie, you've been tearing IT UP! wow! i love everything, especially the bottles and those candy corns...they would be cute as a garland! hmm....hehe! love the spooky quilt too, and way to go covering the speakers with fabric, they look great!
i think you should put some poison labels on your bottles though, they would look soo spooky! these are spooky:
http://www.spookshows.com/poison/poison.htm
IS THIS A JOKE!! You need your own show!! Seriously! You're amazing and everything is so beautiful!!! Courtenay I am so impressed! I am totally going to need some tips from you!! Maybe when you see my apartment someday, you can give me some recommendations?!
I love it ALL! The halloween decor is rockin my world. I love it so much! And I love the collage wall and my VERY favorite part is the outside decoration!! LOVE IT1
Can't wait to see you!
I love the table by the front door--Also the vintage art and also the tree with decorations etc. But my favorite thing is the picture of Christ--that frame and mat look so classy--like you paid big bucks for it! Way to go!
Love you!
Ohhh- and I love the Spooky wall hanging!--Ohhh and also everything else!
I like the SPOOKY owl wall hanging! Awesome! And all your clever Halloween decorating ideas!! I may have to steal some. :)
You are incredible! Keep these pics coming. They are inspiring me. Well, if you post them long enough, they will inspire me to do some fun stuff to my house, maybe.
Post a Comment