Out shopping one day and his pants didn't make it back on him after daddy changed his diaper..I was inside Khols, and he came to find me in the store with no pants on...for some reason his bare legs made him super giddy and he danced all through the store and in the parking lot, catching the eye and giggles of everyone in the store...and driving by in the parking lot :) Love those thighs!
Everett crafting with me...he "cut" fabric for like an hour while I worked on things, cute kid (Don't worry, the blade wasn't out)
Everett became super attatched to this hat...he loved it because he could put in on himself...I made the tie and suspenders, love this look :) I took these pics back in March, but haven't been blogging...anyway for a few weeks/months he would ask for his hat when I got him up from his nap and every time he put it on he would smile and say "Oh! Hah-sem!" (Handsome).
And now for an update...
This little man. Can I just say, I LOOOVE being his mama?! It's a hard thing for me to describe, but I know every parent can relate. I love every age and stage, he is SO fun!
Right now (2 years old) Everett:
-BEGS all day to watch Thomas and Yo Gabba Gabba
-LOVES his family, and especially loves to name them off (Jee-kub, Theth, Elia, Meenka, Djames, Stuffanie, Ewolyn, Jeyem, Ben, Kiwiskwen, Keecy, Dywlan, Withiam, Thithy, Othie, Amy, Nate, and his "Pirate Uncles" Skoo-tah, Ewin, Joe...he loves naming them when he see's them, AND when he doesn't lol, he often begs for Jee-kub and Seth and Jumping (On their tramp) or to go Shopping and Splashing )Swimming) with Stuffanie and Ewolyn.
-Kisses my belly...all the time, in fact he prefers to kiss my belly rather than my face, he pats it lovingly and says beeby, tewt, Emmy-WThoo
-LOVES Splashing (Swimming) and actually asks to go store? Shopping?
-Puts his shoes away, throws away garbage, still loves to brush his teeth with "Thomas Paste" and floss like daddy
-Talks a mile a minute
-Sings ever other word to a bajillion songs, John sings to him after scriptures and prayers and listening to them sing together is heaven on earth, my favorites are when they sing "Danny Boy" and "Doo-Da" (Zippidee do-da that is...John sings "Mr. bluebird on my" and everett chimes in super high :"Sould-ah" (Shoulder)...it melts me every time! SO cute!
-knows his colors and names them all over the place (And repeats himself until we acknowledge "Yep, good job, red truck!" lol)
-likes to count...almost never in the right order, but still assigns each object a number...it's pretty funny
-knows his shapes and recognises them around the house: Circle, square, triangle, star, heart, oval
-Calls clouds "Howdies"
-Cracks us up with phrases like "Oh Snap!" "Oh YEAH!" "Awesome Dude" "Plah-pah-leese?"(Pretty please), "Kanks, mom" (Thanks)
-Turns everything into a sword, or beew-beew (gun)
-Loves to dance
-Helps me water the plants and get the mail
-Likes to play Bow-Bots (Basically tries to put on any household item, ie hot pads, or say a small trash can on his head and run around in a monotone voice and say "Bo-Bot!" and laugh at himself for being so clever, lol)
-Can operate the ipad just as well as I can...if not better! lol
-Has taken to SCREETCHING...for fun (it is NOT fun...what do you do for that?!!!?)
He is basically theee most fun little boy EVER, and we are having SOOO much fun with him!
For his birthday Miekka made him this DARLING Thomas cake (I ahem, helped a teensy bit, I made the tunnel and tracks and trees ;)) He loved it! (AND loved everyone singing him the birthday song!)
He really got into presents this time around and had no trouble blowing out his candles on his own. We gave him a Balance Bike with a helmet, and a play kitchen with food etc. We feel so blessed to have this little man in our lives!




5 comments:
Oh i just ADORE this little dudey dude like he is MY OWN!!! I am seriously going to miss him so bad!! He will be SO different the next time I see him! :( It makes me sad! He cracks me up with how stinking smart he is! Sheesh! Also, the squealing...kinda funny, right?! Ok, funny to me! I know it's not funny when it's your child that is screaming! I have PLENTY of experience with that, as my child is the queen of squealing! Anyway, I LOVE YOU EVERETT!!!!
So fun. I love that age. He is one smart little man. I wish we were closer! For squealing I started squirting Phillip and Everett with a squirt bottle filled with water. It snaps them out of that squeal super fast. Then it becomes a game. Worth a try?!
adorable cake!! Have you ever seen a more stylish, cute, happy boy?? I think not. He is just so cute and handsome and fun and I love him. I feel like I've missed so much of his growing up this summer and I cant wait to see him again.
Cute boy!! Happy birthday buddy!! Does he need some Thomas trains? We have a ton that e doesn't play with anymore. :(
Love the cake!!
Em, he DOES need Thomas trains!
Post a Comment