Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pregnancy, Expecting number 2

So...I'm going to have a baby...in like a week or so :) 
This pregnancy has been so different than when I was growing Everett, must be because she is a girl :)

Pics of my growing belly (Can't seem to find my 25 week picture at the moment though)

Holy smokes, what a difference 10 weeks makes!




Some things are exactly the same as my first pregnancy, but others are not...
-I started off about 10-ish (maybe a little less) pounds heavier this pregnancy, but right now (38 1/2 weeks) I weigh 15 lbs less than I did when I delivered everett! I even had an appointment recently where I didn't gain ANY weight, I lost 6 ounces!) I know it's all relative, and I eat well, and I was much more active (I was teaching) when I was pregnant with Everett...go figure :) But any less poundage I have to lose after baby is WELCOME!
-I have HEARTBURN like you would not believe, it's the WORST!!!
-After 35 weeks, I stopped sleeping through the night (not counting all the potty trips in the night, that's always been constant) So I watch netflix...or read...or re-adjust my thirteen pillows
-I'm carrying her much different than Everett, she protrudes so much farther (And I have the lovely stretch marks to prove it)
-She's more active than I remember Everett being
-I've been having TONS of Braxton hicks contractions, and I never had a single one with Everett. I hate them. They are so uncomfortable, take my breath away, give me hot flashes, make it hard/uncomfortable to breathe, and come ALL night long, and the day time too, but frequent in the night.
-I have round ligament pain...lower belly pain that comes without warning and is paralyzing! I can't hardly shuffle myself to the couch or bed when they come, it's embarrassing, and HURTS! It's like the muscles that pick up my legs are broken...lol....luckily it does go away...but I'm afraid to go anywhere outside the house by myself in case I have an issue with my dang round ligament(s??).

I know that was a lot of complaining...the good things I have going for me in my life throughout this pregnancy are:
-BEST DAY EVER dates with my sistee, we go shopping at Saver's 99 cent day, and go to Seven Peaks water park and bring the kids back to her house for naps and we get to relax some more and chat and sometimes craft! :) We do this once a week, and every time I have to leave, we say "Thanks for like the BEST day ever!"
-John waits on me, cooks and cleans (I have only done a handful of dish loads in the last 2 months)!
-Everett keeps me happy and busy (And tired of course) with all his antics, every day is awesome with him and I wonder how my heart can love even another baby as much as I love him
-GIRLY CRAFTS! Holy Smokes, I have been making a bajillion BOWS and skirts, and embellishing onesies, making all kids of things for baby girl...I know I need to post pics, but that seems like so much effort right now! I still need to make her quilt and other necessities, so that's where my time is going, when I'm not resting, cleaning, packing boxes, or chasing Everett.


My due Date is August 13. I am not dilated at all...or effaced...I'm constantly thinking "What if my water broke, like right now, wouldn't that be sooo exciting?!!!" I'm so excited to meet this baby girl, curiosity is killing me, I want to know what she looks like!!! I want to hold her and swaddle her, and watch Everett with her, and adore her little sounds and kiss her brand new skin, and smell her! I can't wait!!!

We are moving to North Carolina the second week of September (Baby will be one month old, and we will DRIVE across country...fun?) so I'm trying to get as many boxes and rooms packed up before she comes as possible. (We're going to live in NC for 2 -ish years while John does the Special Forces Medic School...we are super excited for the new adventure, we'll be renting out our house while we're gone and come back here when we're done :) It's pretty exciting, but at the moment, kind of stressful :)

By the way, I was working full time for a Virtual Academy (Teaching 4th grade, online, from home) since March..that's pretty much why I've been MIA for the past 4 months or so :) I finished the school year out, but decided not to teach next year, too crazy with a new wee one and toddler. It was a cool job though, I'm super glad I did it, but even more super glad that we have always been financially stable enough that I don't have to work outside the home! Motherhood is the best.

7 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh yes! Finally a POST!!! I love it! I LOVE that belly and that little princess inside of it! I CANNOT wait for her to come out! curiosity is KILLING me!!!!! I am always wondering if she'll look at all like Evie?! So exciting!!! I LOVE our "best days ever"! We are SO lucky to have them and I will cherish every single second of them because I know how special they are and how when you move, we probably won't ever get to have so many best days ever! :( Ok, enough about that, i'm cwying a wittle bit! BOOOO HOOOO!!!!:( UGH! I totally know the round ligament pain!! It's seriously the WORST! You are getting SOOO close!! Like for reals! I'll be thinking happy "baby coming out" thoughts for you!! COME ON BABY!!! I NEED you to come SOON so that I can snuggle you LOTS before you leave me!! :( Ok, love youuuuu!!!!!

Kat said...

Wait--you're moving to NC? I live in NC! What part of the state will you be in?

Nancy said...

Phew! I'm not too far behind I guess.

I feel your panic about having a new little one and having to prepare for a move to NC (of all places, right?). It's rough but not impossible. I think...? We have about 10 days left.

But I"m flying out. Yup. I'm letting my husband and my in-laws cart the kids out and I'm flying with the baby. :)

We'll have to touch bases in NC!

Jenni Call said...

YESSS! An update! Dang round ligaments. They should be fired! She is going to be the cutest little girl ever.

Carol and Bruce said...

Very fun to catch up with what you have been doing. Your pregnancy flew by to me:) I'm so excited for you to see your baby girl and you look amazing, as always. Love you and hate that you are moving so far away, it will be forever 'till I see you and your babies again.
Hope and pray all goes well with your delivery.

Carol and Bruce said...

Very fun to catch up with what you have been doing. Your pregnancy flew by to me:) I'm so excited for you to see your baby girl and you look amazing, as always. Love you and hate that you are moving so far away, it will be forever 'till I see you and your babies again.
Hope and pray all goes well with your delivery.

Jenni said...

This post just filled me with EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Baby girl is going to be here before we know it and I cannot wait to kiss all over her!!!!! I love her. I can imagine her perfection. I can't wait to see Everett with her. UGHHH i have chills with happiness about this baby!!!!!!! I think you are such a beautiful pregnant mamma. You are so positive and i love it. All of the "complaining" is SOO totally welcome and you can say all you want because these last few weeks are so stinkin uncomfortable!!!!! Can't wait to see you soon!