I got to see John for four glorious days! John had leave for four days before he goes to Afghanistan . I flew to Washington on Wednesday afternoon , we took a ferry to Bainbridge Island, and then drove to a little Victorian town called Port Townsend. We stayed in the cutest Victorian Bed and Breakfast, it was so so cool! On Thursday we took a ferry to Whidbey Island where we explored an old army base right on the coast called Fort Casey, and there was a cool lighthouse there, and tons of old cannons and I don't know what to call it, but like stuff to defend the land...anyway, really cool. We went to a beach called Impression point, found tons of Agates and rocks, it was all SO beautiful! We ate at the coolest restaurant and had Salmon :) Mmmmm, SO good! On Friday we explored downtown Port Townsend, went to all the shops, found a cute musicbox and there was a gem and bead show, and I got 3 new pendants to wear. :) We also watched a sailboat race, I've never seen so many sailboats, we explored another beach, found another lighthouse, awesome! On Saturday we went hiking in Olympic National Park, to Marymere Falls, and we went to Rialto Beach, it was awesome!
Okay those were just the events, here are my favorite parts:
Holding hands, I really miss that! Walking around on the beach, the road, the rocks, the sand, the path, the street, everywhere, just talking like normal. The weather man said it was going to rain the whole time, and we felt not a drop! It was gorgeous the entire time! The most thoughful gift ever, tanzanite earings from my true love :)Ice cream everyday. The green everything...the smell of spring, you know fresh and crisp. Sleeping in, snuggling and watching movies. Street performers, lighthouses, fishermen, friendly people on the street, the starfish, tons of boats, riding the ferry, driving all over the beautiful state of Washington. Eating frozen grapes, and salmon, chocolate covered strawberries, and the yummiest root beer float I've ever had. Laughing really hard watching Juno, and Dan in real life, and episodes of the office. And waking up smiling, and not stopping till I fall asleep.

16 comments:
Oh girl, I was smiling from ear to ear until I got to the end and then the tears came!! You are so amazingly strong! Looks like you guys made the best of every second you had together...how awesome! I'm so glad you got to see him.
I love you, come see me!
I'm so glad you two got to see each other for a bit. Such beautiful pictures! You are so pretty. This has to be so hard, and you are such an amazing woman making everything so positive. I love you!!!
What a fabulous time. You two are so cute together...those pics are great by the way. I can totally tell you were both smiling ALL DAY! You're a total studmuffin Courtenay.
Thanks for shring your pictures--You both look so happy and so in love! I am glad you have pictures of such "good times" I love you!
How wonderful to be with your favorite best friend. I'm so happy to got to see each other. You're amazing. Hang in there. p.s. LOVE all the pics...so fun!
Holy Cow- Courtenay- You are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so happy that you got to see each other, that is SO great!!! You're so strong, and so amazing!!!
Oh man. Courtenay I couldn't imagine. I am so sorry you have to be away from him. I hate going to bed when Mike stays up, HATE IT. I couldn't imagine what you're going through. It sounded like such an amazing trip!!!! So magical, full of love and happiness! I'm so happy for you and GLAD you got to spend time together before he left. The pictures were so cool! John sounds like a sweetheart, that's so nice that he got you earings. I love you. And you look adorable together.
What a blast!!!! Plus, what a good chance for you both to make some beautiful memories. I mean seriously what great pictures! You are so good at staying on the sunny side! Thanks for letting us in on your life. Love you!
I'm going to tell the truth.....I was SO excited to hear alllllll about your trip and see the CUTE CUTE pictures and EVERYTHING and then jenni told me to read your blog and that it broke her heart and so i have been dreading it in fear that my heart will ache for you....not like it already isn't, but MORE!!!! Sist i couldn't think of a stronger person than you! You're my hero...honestly! Everyday i think about how strong you are and how lucky i am to have you to look up to! You will be SO blessed!! Heavenly Father knows what he's doing....trust me, i've experienced it for myself! ;) Anyway i LOVE LOVE LOVE you soooooo much!!! i'll call you later!!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! They are SO much fun!!!! Love ya!!! Kadis Kada
oh courtenay i just love love love this post. those pictures are awesome!!!! i could look at pictures of you 2 all day you're so dang photogenic!! I love you court! John is totally your soul mate and I know heavenly father will take care of him and you and you're both in my prayers. You are incredible. really really really.
i love you!
and i just really luaghed when I saw that steph ended her comment with "kadis kada" hahaha you 2 are just soooo funny!
What a beautiful post. I loved reading about your trip - all of the highlights. It sounds like you had a great time - I'm sorry it had to have such a bitter ending. I absolutely love the pictures, though. You have some great shots and the two of you make an adorable couple. You look great together! :)
PS: I don't think I've commented on any other posts... anyway. It was great to RANDOMLY see you at Disneyland (well, California Adventure) in January. We had a great time - hope you did too!
Court,
You are so cute together. My heart aches for you. I feel you pain, but you are a strong women!
BASSF! Your attitude is amazing. Just do what you do-find happiness in the simple pleasures of life...
And spend time with ME! :)
I just found your post. You two our so cute together. Our family will pray for yours.
Tiffany Ward (Austin)
I can't imagine going through that. You are so strong! You two are such a cute couple and I hope he comes back soon. You'll be in our prayers. (I love that picture of you on the drift wood in black and white by the way, it's awesome!)
My dear Ms. Courtenay... it has been ENTIRELY too long... I have been reading your blogs for months, but just now got one to comment, and I must tell you, I LOVE hearing everything that is going on with you! I'm glad to hear you have so much going on while your husband is gone, Sean was deployed to Afghan for 16 months, and I UNDERSTAND how that goes! I would love to hear from you, and I hope all is well!
Steph
Post a Comment