We also went around town to some shops around the mall, not in the mall, that will be another day. There were tons of really "posh" stores with designer stuff, not at all interested since I'm a total bargain huntress...but there were also some cool places. I bought some really beautiful scarves/head wrap/shawl/table runner. I love when things get to have multiple identities! I also got a cute pair of Italian shoes, brown flats-so cute for 5 JD (Jordanian dollars, or Dinar) which is like 7.50 US dollars. Sadly my feet are hunormous compared to folks' feet around here, and the man helping me was glad I likes the brown ones I did because he said he didn't have much to choose from in my size...how embarrassing! Everything in Jordan as so expensive! Jenni, my sis in law, bought some Cheerios for Amelia, and they costed 9JD!! Which is like 13.50 US dollars! FOR A BOX of cheerios! Dang. I don't know why she bought them, but baby's don't understand making do I guess. :) SO I was pleased with my shoe purchase. I know their not like Italian leather or anything, but I love them.
I haven't had any chocolate since I've been here ( a whole 4 days!!!) And I was really craving some, luckily we found this great chocolate shop, and the man inside was very friendly and let us sample many of the chocolates before we bought some. Chocolate is the same in every language...YUMMMY!!!!
Around our house live 9 tortoises. Some big some small. Debbie said she thought that they had all burrowed in to hibernate for the winter, but Shameela (not how it's spelled but It's how it sounds) our maid found four of them and fed them some lettuce. Two of them were tiny and cute! It was really fun to watch them for awhile, and Amelia was fascinated with them, they were really cool. And I would like to give a shout out to Danielle and Clay, because when I saw them I thought of how much you would love to see them in their natural (backyard?) habitat. And I never thought turtles or tortoises were that cute, and I thought you guys were really funny for having and loving them so much, but they really are fun to watch, I will give you that.:)
A few bigger ones too...
Also I really like being here with the Lances, we're having a ball. Yesterday I played Basketball with Jeremy (15) and Jared (12). It was awesome. And Debbie does a lot to make sure I have the right foods to eat and am taken care of. Its weird but since I'm closer in location to Afghanistan, I feel waaay closer to John, plus being here with his fam helps.
I miss everybody, love you!

5 comments:
I just can't get over how awesome of an experience you're having! SERIOUSLY- not many people get to do that and it's awesome. I've gotta tell you, I love that you called yourself a bargain huntress hahahaha!1 you totally are! But that title was just super funny!
Also, that chocolate looks fabulous!! 4 whole days... wow- I'd be in shock or something I'm sure so I'm glad you got your fix!!
I can totally see how you'd feel closer to john... i mean, after all, geographically you are! So this is great!
keep the updates comin! Love you!
I love the turtle pictures--did they give them names? I am glad Debbie is taking such good care of you--and taking you to do your favorite thing--SHOPPING. but I wonder how much more shopping there is to do..you have done alot in the ifrst few days! jk
We love you and miss you, but I love checking in to see what you have done each day--keep it up!
Mom
So funny. Looks like you are having a great time! I'm so glad they are taking care of you and your diet needs. When I was looking at the pics of the tortoises, Clay looked over and was like, " What is that?!?!!" with an excited grin on his face. He thought it was WAY cool and was WAY jealous:) Those little guys are so cute! I know, we're wierdies...but..whateva! That chocolate looks great. Love you!!!
mmmm yum! that chocolate looked good! and those tortoises were sooo dang cute.
OK- so if you can't tell I'm reading backwards- (catching up on everything) so- I've figured out who John's mom is. Debbie. OK= the turtles, so is it comparable to squirels here? Like- they just have random turtles everywhere? I thought turtles liked the water, I don't understand, and so many of them! I love it, they are so cute! I love how tiny they are- I didn't know they could be that small. Courtenay- you are having such an awesome experience that hardly anyone will ever have in this lifetime! So cool! I'm glad the military is so welcoming and that you like the branch.
Post a Comment