Monday, March 23, 2009

I KNOW I KNOW!!!!

SO SORRY it's taken me FOREVER to post. It has been SO wonderful to have John home! And it's been so much fun doing menial everyday tasks with him! We clean, we cook, we grocery shop, take the cars in for whatever, we watch a few movies, make dessert, do laundry, work out @ the gym, sit together in church, and everything! It's so great! Everything is better when you're together. Really. I haven't blogged because I haven't cared to really, but I started feeling guilty when you all started making comments like, okay court, where are the pics?! SORRY! I didn't mean to be selfish!

The worst day EVER+366 days=the BEST day ever!!!


WELCOME HOME JOHN BOY!!!

John's plane got in at 5:30 in the morning. It was magical to see him. It was just like a movie, and I cried (of course) and he gave me some flowers, and there was a rockin band and huge flag and it was a really cool reception. We didn't stick around too long though we went over to James and Miekka's for breakfast. John entertained us all with good stories, he's a great story teller, and Miekka made breakfast PLUS cinnomon rolls, she even made me some that were gluten free! My first cinnomon roll in like 3 years! THANKS Miekka!
We had a lot of work to do, we had to move all of our belongings from a storage unit in Salt Lake where we used to live to another storage unit in Taylorsville where we live now. We rented a uhaul to get it all done. We have loads of work to do still at John's Mom's house, lots that needs to be sorted and organized

So we were able to go to San Diego. John let me plan the whole thing which was really therapeutic for me to keep my mind focused on while he was still gone. PLUS I really LOVE a bargain and when we're on trips John always says "Don't worry about the price honey we're on vacation", but I can't handle it, I feel awful spending tons of money on things like food. So I was able to find tons of bargains on hotels, (and campsites, we camped on the beach in San Elijo) and restaurants. I bought $25 gift cards for $4 at restaurant.com and that saved us loads of money. We went to the San Diego Zoo, which was free for John and so we only had to pay like $30 for my ticket (which was well worth it, the Zoo was amazing!) and we went to Sea World which was AMAZING!!! and we both got in for free because of John being in the military. :) I do love a good bargain!

SO there's TONS of pictures :) You're welcome. and I'm sorry it's taken so long.
Downtown Vegas... kinda dirty, and a plethora of sex advertisments, but interesting, exciting, and entertaining. We ate at the Belaggio buffet. Oh. My. Gosh. Well so much for bargaining, this was our big splurge, it was $30 a plate! BUT I made it worth it, eating my body weight in shrimp, crab legs, salmon, some sushi (nothing too gross) and YUMMY desserts that I could eat! Like Creme Brulee! YUMMY!
We HAD to stop into the M&M worldshop, I expected it to smell like chocolate, but it didn't. Bummer, I still got a souvenir patch and some playing cards :)

We stayed at the LUXOR hotel, the one in the shape of a pyramid. it was easily the fanciest place I have ever stayed in. PLUS they didn't have an elevator, it was called andf inclinator, so it takes you not only up and down but side to side as well, and diagonal, so we were up 23 floors but you could barely tell becasue it was so fast to get there! CRAZY! I felt like it was a magical elevator like it should be on Flight of the Navigtor, or willy wonka or something...cool.
Well I had planned on posting LOTS more, but I've been editing photos all day, I have to go be productive, more to come, sooner than later. Love you all!

16 comments:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Sorry to guilt trip you into posting...but not really! It's nice to have John back on Courtenay and John's blog. :-D We want to go to San Diego too this year, you'll have to tell us the good places to go! You guys look so happy, I'm glad he's back!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

court i LOVE it!!! I love all the pictures and i love all the fun times that you guys had and i love that john is back and i love that you're both just SO happy!!! I'm just so excited for you!!! Thanks for posting, i probably should too! he he :) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Emily said...

I hate you.

Emily said...

Okay I thought about it for a few minutes, and I don't hate you. Just wish I would have known you were less than ten minutes from my HOUSE!!

Glad you guys had such a fun time here!

Would have been more fun if you could have seen my cute face and fat stomach. Seriously, the Bellagio buffet...every pregnant woman's dream.

E and J said...

Fun! It's so fun to hear what you've been up to. Can't really blame you for dropping of the blogger planet but we missed you!

Danielle said...

Yay! I'm glad life is so good. Sounds like a wonderful time! Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

finally! I'm so glad he's home and that you guys had so much fun. You guys look so happy! Fun places, and good job on the bargains- man you scored on those gift cards! And getting in free because he's in the military! What else can he get into for free? awesome and well deserved! - I love you!-

Emily said...

Okay you're forgiven! I really didn't expect you to come visit...you're husband just got home after being gone for a year!! It's so fun to see you guys so happy and TOGETHER! Cute cute!

Nancy said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun this month! Hurrah for getting your husband back! ;)

Lynette said...

So glad you got your hubby back! You look so happy. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Carol and Bruce said...

I'm so happy that you too are back together and that John is home safe and sound. What a fun trip, luckies.

In Vegas and not calling Em...ouch!
Good thing she loves ya.

Carina & Dan said...

I'm so happy for you Courtenay! It must be so wonderful to have your hubby with you again...I can't even imagine how hard a year apart must be.

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSS! I've been thinking about you forever and how thrilled you must be. I'm so glad my thoughts are accurate ;) I love you bunches! Let's get together soon.

Jill said...

Hooray! How amazing. I can't even imagine the excitement of that reunion! It makes me not want to take my cute hubby for granted. Thanks for posting.

Jenni Call said...

Aww, looks like you guys had fun. Enjoy the ability to travel and play hard!! We will see you in April!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I knwot his is random- but if you wanted to look at Lizzie's blog page- give her your address- it's open right now- before she puts it back to private= juist thought I'd mention it- because she takes REALLY cute pictures, thought you might like it.