John and I got callings in our new ward! I am SO excited, I got my DREAM calling...Mia Maid Adviser!!! I get to teach Mia Maids, I get to go to GIRLS CAMP, I get to go to mutual with them, I am so so excited! This is seriously my dream calling. I am kinda nervous actually, I am hoping you all can give me some advice. I had the BEST Young Women leaders, easily the BEST and my all time most favorite was Sharon Arnold, I remember thinking, I hope when I teach I am like Sharon. SO Sharon, if you're reading, help! Any tips pointers ideas? I remember just feeling her testimony and love for Christ and for me. Anyway, I want to be a really good Young Women leader...I've been praying for this calling :) SO excited!
Also when the bishop called us this morning to meet with us before church, John and I were guessing what callings we would get, I guessed the nursery because it seems like thats what newlyweds always get called to, but John guessed he would be put in with the deacons...he was right! He'll be teaching the deacons and doing scouts :) Cool, he's excited too, and we'll both be going to mutual at the same time.
COOL! So, any advice, really will be appreciated. Love you all! Still working on some pics from the rest of our trip:)

11 comments:
Fun, fun!! I LOVED working with the Mia Maids in my ward and now I get to do it on the stake level! It's a very tough, but challenging age. I love them all, but my original 4 girls will always hold a special place in my heart! We did a lot of learning and growing together. I know EXACTLY what you mean about Sharon. She is who I strive to be like, especially when I am a unit leader at Girls Camp.
Good luck! I know you will do great!
You guys have perfect callings. Fun, fun! I wish the Bishop would give us callings!
So fun! You get to do all of the cool stuff and because you are such a cool girl I'm sure you will do great. I know how you feel about pressure. Really you can make these girls strong young women by exposing them to the Spirit! You are such a good example. Good luck! J is in the YM pres and that feels like pressure. Not for him but for ME. I remember the spouses of our leaders being sooo cool (plus I want J to be a cool leader =) )
I can't think of a better calling for both of you guys! Being in YW was one of my favorite callings and it was one of my shortest...sad.
Just be yourself, they'll really look up to you. You guys are going to have SO much fun!
Can't wait to see you!
AWESOMENESS! Court, you don't have anything to worry about, you'll be amazing! I have been dying to be in YW's and am still waiting. One day though, I know I'm where I'm supposed to be now, so, no worries.
I know what you mean though about wanting to be as good as the leaders you had. I hope one day I can be someone elses Sr. Larson, or Sr. Stockwell, Sr. Saxman, Sr. Alston, Sr. Nielsen.....tons of great ladies in my life...the list goes on and on. I know you'll touch these girls' lives.
YW's is so much fun! I've been an advisor in YW's for about a year now and have loved every minute of it! I'm so excited for you. You'll be a really great advisor, don't worry. Just get to know the girls as well as you can so you can connect with them the way they need you to. Yea so fun!
You are going to be an AWESOME Mia Maid advisor! That is one of my favorite callings as well. Just show them your fun and spunky personality and you will fit in just right. Also, always teach by the spirit, and have fun. Take lots of pictures of the activities, and enjoy every moment you are in there. Gosh, I bet you weren't expecting an earful from me. But I am excited for you. I hope to get put back in when Erin is in there.
~Lynette
court that's AWESOME!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! you'll be the BEST and everyone will LOVE you!!! Oh man that is just so cool!!!! and cool that you and john BOTH get to go to mutual so one of you doesn't have to leave every wednesday night....or whenever mutual is for you! that is just awesome! you'll do so great! what a perfect calling for you! sAweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Love you!!!
Seriously? You are asking for advice? Just be you. You were born to be a leader.
I love you. I miss you. You are amazing!
Congrats to both of you! All I can add is those lucky girls!!
Ok so for real, there isn't a better calling in the world for you! If they're looking for a leader who can relate to them, who can uplift them, teach them, and be silly and have fun with them... THEY FOUND THE RIGHT WOMAN FOR THE JOB! Seriously court, that is so awesome! And for John too, how perfect! I cannot wait to hear the stories that come from mutual!! haha!!!
Post a Comment