Monday, April 6, 2009

Couponing...my new obsession

couponing...amazing. I've been getting into coupons because
A...it saves money
B...We all need to save money
C...it saves money
D...We're trying to build our food storage, year supply
E...it saves money
F...It's kind of like a hobby, you know how much I LOVE a good bargain
G...it SAVES MONEY!!!

So first...I have been collecting coupons for like 6 weeks, I get a few copies of the sunday paper, and organize the coupons, and put them into baseball card sleeves in this new coupon binder!!! I got this cloth binder @ the DI...it needed some sass, so I had some fun decorating the front. Now I just LOVE carrying around this cute cute cute coupon binder. Cuter than anything, and SO functional!



Okay today I went shopping at a store in Salt Lake called NPS...it's similar to "Rainbow" or Grocery Outlet from home, only bigger but its kind of discounted food...close to expired yogurt, bulk items, random stuff. Anyway I took my handy dandy coupon binder with me, and went to work. This food would have costed me 129.00 (which is still already cheap because of the cheap store) but then I used over $40 dollards in coupons so my total was 85.00!!! I got many items for FREE, tons of stuff for 20 cents or less etc... And this isn't cheap food folks, Packages of Yogurt, the GOOD kinds, chips, condiments, dressing, SPICES, boxes of crackers, Fancy Olives, Easter Candy, crystal light, popcorn, strawberries etc...

I get a total high off of deal like this, and I have been doing this more and more. If you want to start couponing, there's TONS of info on the internet. I follow a few blogs and sites for tips, plus at the beginning I looked up couponing on youtube and found tons of tips. I follow grocerysmarts.com and theobsessiveshopper.net and refundcents.com Let me know of you have any questions! Its SO fun!





With ALL THE LOOT!
Giraffe Tongue




Giraffe Okay a random moment. I made waffles for dinner with blueberry syrup/sauce with whipped cream. So yummy. Well the blueberries dyed our tongues and teeth...we went to the temple that night with the youth, and no it wasn't gone after we brushed our teeth!



Did you know giraffes have purple-ish black tongues? It's because they use their tongues to grab food and since the leaves are in the tall trees, and they stick out their tongues to eat...SO they have black tongues so they won't get sunburned! Cool yeah?!
Can you tell who ate more blueberries?

12 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Sist that is AWESOME!!!! I totally wanna do it!!! I'm going to be a wife soon and so i need to learn how to use coupons!!! I'm gonna learn how! Sounds like fun! Especially if you have to go shopping all by yourself most of the time so it makes it kind of like a game! COOL! And i'm sure its SO fun coming home and telling John how much you saved and stuff....i want that fun with my HUSBAND! ahhhhhhhh....only 11 more days!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Sean and Steph said...

Court!!! You totally have to teach me how to coupon! I've really been wanting to get into it, but it seems kinda overwhelming!!! If you want, email me at sdssnpdrgn@aol.com, but I'm definitely going to check out those websites you listed!

Danielle said...

You are amazing. I am going to look at those websites. Would it be kind of defeating the purpose to pay someone like you to get me all the good deals? Probably. It just sounds so tiring to me. I hate grocery shopping to begin with. Anyway- you're awesome. I love seeing pics of you with your hubby! It makes me happy.

Unknown said...

I am sooo impressed. I love that you are actually doing it. Someday, when I grow up, I hope to be just like you. ;)

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

first of all, I LOVE those pictures of you and John with the crazy blue tongues! HIlarious!! Also, I recently figured out we DO get coupons in our paper here! (I naively thought we didn't) So I clipped about $20 worth and am so excited to use them when I go grocery shopping tomorrow! I wish CA did double coupons, according to my mom they don't anymore...sad day! You got QUITE the haul though!! No go put John to work eating it! Hey-can't wait to see you both at the wedding, then you can meet Sadie!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

OH! and I love your owl...so spunky!

Emily said...

Ha ha, that is so me! It's my new hobby too. I got a package of 50 diapers for about 2 dollars a couple weeks ago! I love neverpayretailagain.blogspot.com and I'm a grocery smarts girl too. We'll have so much to talk about when I see you!

Oh, and RADICAL owl!

Elemenopia Photo blog said...

Court- Hi girlie!! Long time no see/talk/write. I had to comment on this one 'cause I'm a couponer too. I got started at couponmom.com. Its a great site that tells you where the sales are and lists the sunday coupons. Its kinda weird to get used to at first, but its kinda fun. I love it!! Anyway, Id love to get together now that we are closer. Arg for not getting together sooner. email me. kcherieo@gmail.com

Love ya, you're favorite cousin,
Cherie

Shellie and Bryan said...

Hey Court! I found your blog and I love it. You are so funny.

I just got back from Oregon last night. My bro-in-law served his mission in Eugene, MEdford, and Redmond and we toured his areas for a week. ANd then we took him home! It was a blast. Oregon is great.

I'm glad your JOhn boy is home. YOu guys look so happy.

Love ya!

Lizzie said...

I've totally done the Grocerygame.come, on and off for 8 years. It's love/hate relationship i have with coupons. One minute i love love it and the next i'm annoyed that I'd so obsessed and it's taking so much time. Right now I'm in an off time, but I'm guessing in a couple of months I'll be obsessed again. = )

The way you decorated your coupon book is sooo cute. You're just like amy. I should've remembered that. I remember all the cool stuff you'd make each other for Christmas.

Hope you're doing well Court. Love you!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

go ahead and steal away! the pictures I mean, not just anything...hehe

Jenni said...

ok I'm totally obsessed with you! So, I've heard alot about this lately! my roommate's sister actually MAKES money sometimes when she goes to the grocery store! It's absurd! But, if anyone would be good at this kind of thing... it would be you!!!

I just love that you have your hubby back to do all these things with!

It was so good to see you!!! love you!