Thursday, April 30, 2009

So embarassed!

There has been so many theens happening in my life, and I am just now getting around to posting them. First of all, Stephanie. Got. Married. Most wonderful/beautiful/lovely/spiritual/pretty/magical/awesome/FUN/great/nice day EVER (besides my own blessed wedding day, just more meaningful to me). Stephanie could have been a bridal model, and Jarom was so handsome and sweet and cute and they were so glowy and happy! What more could a sistee wish for her most beloved adorable little sis, and to think, I got to hand pick my very own brother in law! Go me! So, here's the thing...I still don't have any pics to post so I'm stealing some from my fellow blog buddies, but the other things is, the folks who follow my blog are the same ones who follow my friends' blogs who have already posted this blessed event, so let me just say, two weeks ago was the happiest day, and I love my sistee so much! And my new BIL! Yeah! Also, it was SO fun to see the Lance clan, and the show afterward, well if you were there you were lucky I'll just say that! :0).

First of all, the whole families and friends gathered togteher = SO MUCH FUN!!! And this isn't even everyone!

They are SO cute and HAPPY!!!I love everyone's face in this picture! They all tell a story! Oliver thought Sadie's flower looksed pretty tasty, and I LOVE stephanie's face, she looks so happy and beautiful!

The reception was so fun! We had TONS of food and friends and music and everything!All the Lance bridesmaids :)


Also, I got to send of my baby brother to the MTC!!! I picked him up at the airport and we got to chat and went to breakfast with Nate and Ben and their respective clans, and it was great. Now I had heard that they weren't doing the whole family come in to say goodbye, cry a lot, and watch the inspirational video. I was wrong. So Becca (Elder's GF) came with me and John to "drop him off' only to find out we got to go inside for the same presentation they gave when we took Ben to the MTC like 16 years ago, so we went in! We cried we laughed, but mostly cried sweet tears of JOY and Proudness and happiness and it was so great. Andrew...I mean Elder Mitchell just kept saying "I can't believe it! I am a missionary! I'm a missionary!" Tender. The unfortunate thing was that since we missed the farewell cry-a-thon memmo we were NOT dressed accordingly...ugh. I hate being inappropriately dressed at church functions! (That sounded funny, it's not like I was dressed like a hooker or something, I was cute in my jeans and top, but not dressed up ":)) The mission 2nd counselor was looking at us funny, I just know he was thinking, those must be some less actives or that missionaries family must not be members. ANYWAY, I am so proud of scooter, (Elder Scooter?) He says he learning fast and working hard, atta kid!

Also, we have started to make preparations for a garden! and I handled the roto-tiller! YEAH! SO tough, and I have like 15 different types of seedlings starting to grow in the house waiting for all signs of frost to leave before we put them outside. I LOVE gardening, I never knew how much I loved it until I moved away from home. Now I have been waiting and waiting to live in a house to have a garden! YEAH!

Also, John's Dad Lane and John's sister Jenni came for a visit and Jeffrey John's brother who is home from Iraq and on his leave from TX was home! It was SO fun! I had a great time teasing Lane ( I might be the only person who does), and playing with Amelia and having fmaily gatherings with the whole lance crew, I married into a great family! We missed Debbie and Jared and Jeremy though, they always keep things exciting :)

Also, I have been doing some crafting, nothing too exciting but enough to keep me happy :)

Also I have been reading everyone else's blogs! Sorry if I don't post every time, I'm trying to get better at that! I love reaidng all the updates, seeing all the CUTE pics (Brenley, Emily, Jill, LIZZIE, Jenni, Jessica, everybody else) and being inspired by your creativity (JESSICA C and Jessica Durf, and Erica) and reading about your kids and your adventures and thoughts, and your entertaining stories and insights (AMY) and I just love you all! I'm so happy I can have friends adn updates etc, so conveniently on my laptop at any time I wish. You are all better bloggers than I am...sorry for not posting more!!

Okay ALSO I am in the (Hopefully) final stretch of my masters program...UGH!!! I talked with my capstone mentor today(Capstone is like THESIS/PROJECT, and yes I have to give an Oral defense...yuck) and I basically have a very LOW chance of completing my capstone within 4 months on top of two other complete courses to finish. I am depressed about that because i do NOT want to spend another 3,000 for one more semester. SO I am planning to work my TAIL OFF! I have all these goals to obtain, and I'm hoping you all can be my cyber-coach-motivators! I need you s'bad. Okay, so prayers and words of encouragement...thanks!

5 comments:

E and J said...

Wow you've been busy! Congrats on the new brother in law, new missionary brother, crafting and being so far along on your MASTERS! You totally ROCK! I know you can do anything you put your mind to. And, like I'm always telling Grace: "You can do hard things!" Good luck and I'll be thinking of you (even when you don't post)!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha. you make me laugh. WEll, good post, and your masters.... you can do it Courtenay. You have worked so hard through school, you are almost done! If you can do everything you have done, you certainly can do the rest. Soon, you will be done, and you wont' have to worry about it ever again, I'll keep you in my prayers and try to be disciplined wiht your crafties :) I know how those things can get in the way :) Don't give them all up, just try to be disciplined, I know it's hard! Michael as we speak is mocking me "Courtenay, my dear BFF, I want to be best friends forever, please write me back, be my penpal," oh brtoher- I guess i need to go- I love you!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

wow! That was quite the post! Good luck with school, that's quite a feat you're attempting...kudos to you! Also kudos for teasing Lane...I think you're right, no one else teases him. :) I can't wait to see your garden, and post some of the crafty things you've made! Also, more tips on couponing! Also, we had so much fun with your family at the wedding, the sing off was Hil.a.rious! Glad your brother is doing well too!

Chad and Jessica said...

I've been wondering what you have been up to....yay! VERY BUSY>...don't feel guilty about not blogging. Steph's wedding looks perfect....and Andrew's farewell....so funny about the clothes and them thinking you were probably less active....lol! Whenever I go into a store with a big coat...I feel like the workers think I'm going to steal something...weird I know, but I think that all the time.

Go gardener! i remember the berries in your parents' backyard...and how you would prune them and have them in your cereal for breakfast...ever since, I've wanted berries in my backyard...one day!

As for the Masters...go get 'em! Just tell yourself nonchalantly....I'm Courtenay...I'm amazing, this is gonna be a breeze....like it's hard for everyone but you...cuz you're so awesome. Boo-yah! Like that Masters program is gonna get the better of you....pshaw!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

Ok, that was an action packed blog and I LOVED IT!!! The wedding was just magical wasn't it? I was so glad to bridesmaid bond with you!! And also, I'm SO proud of you for finishing your masters program. HOly crap- what an accomplishment!!!!!! And scooter is the most handsome little missionary!! Gosh, I just love you guys so much!