Friday, February 27, 2009

can't even sleep

It's 1:02 AM...I am waking up at 4:15-ish to get all dolled up to go meet John at the Military airport at 5:45. I am so freaking excited. This is more exciting than any Christmas has ever been. I can't believe it! My very best friend will be back in my arms in a matter of a few hours. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

Okay so since I am wide eyed, I am posting my remodel pics of our bedroom and some of the bathroom. I am so pleased with how the bedroom turned out, i love it! I made the curtains, and I love them!


This is the bedroom before I started anything major. I scrubbed the walls and filled the holes


Painting...now I had to post this picture to show my ridiculous outfit...i had 1 bag of clothes at the house, all of them were skirts and dresses, so I didn't want to paint in them, but I found this road trip skirt (My roomies and I made these silly skirts to wear on a spring break road trip years ago, if you cant tell it has license plates on it.)
TADAAAAAAH!!!




The bathroom


I just got these baskets today..theres not a ton you can do in a tiny bathroom...

Got this frame at Target for like 2 dollars, and just made this out of some scrap stuff, i love it. Anyway, now its 1:34...I am getting sleepy, just a few hours!!!!YEAH!!!

18 comments:

E and J said...

Cute cute cute! I can't beleive that right now you are with your hubby! congrats! I love your curtains.

Lynette said...

So cute! You are very talented. We are very excited that you get to be with your hubby today.

~Lynette and Erin

Emily said...

Seriously, as I type this, you are with JOHN!!! Awesome!!
Your bedroom is amazing...you guys will have fun tonight!

Want to come and decorate my house?

Chad and Jessica said...

Holy canoli.....talk about romantic boudoir! Love it! I love chocolate brown accent walls!

Okay....hurrah.....John and you, TOGETHER AT LAST!!! I'm so happy for you....you won't be able to stop smiling!

Jenni said...

first of all, I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the remodel!!! you are so talented! second of all.... YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so so so so happy for you and jOhn! you MItchell girls are making me an emotional mess today! Steph's leaving me so i'm all crying and you're so happy so i'm crying happy tears because I just love this reunion for you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I've been thinking about you today cause I knew it was THE DAY! I LOVE the bedroom! It's gorgeous! And I love you. We need to get together again for lunch or something when you have some time.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ok, when I saw the after picture of hte bedroom, I said outloud right away- "oh my gosh". It looks so good! You did such a great job! John is going to love it! Not to mention a nice ambience for the return of a loved one! As we speak you are probably laying in eachother's arms..... i'm so happy for you that he's home! I love you!

Sean and Steph said...

Yay yay yay yay yay!!! I'm so glad he's home for you!!!! Your bedroom is beautiful!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

well, by now John is home and you don't care what I say, but I LOOVE your room makeover and the bathroom art! soo cute! Can't wait to hear about your reunion and life back to normal with John!

Danielle said...

YES! You guys are together RIGHT NOW! I'm so happy and excited for you! You did an AMAZING job on the room! It looks like a magazine! Such a nice room for sleeping, and welllllllllllll you know! :) Love you! Oh yeah- bathroom is good too- Love the baskets. And the thing you made is so creative- you never cease to amaze!

Carol and Bruce said...

Wow!! Great job on the bedroom, it looks so awesome. You are so darn cute and talented.

I'm happy for you that John is finally home safe and sound, what a relief. It was fun catching up with your blog. See you real soon for the wedding!! I think I'm still in denial but it is coming up real soon and I'll have to believe it. I just didn't really want those two girls to grow up.

Jill said...

You rock! I love your bedroom makeover and that scrapbook artwork is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

I'm guessing you're sleeping a little better these days and I can't wait to hear about your reunion with your hubby.

The Funny Farm said...

We've been checking every day to see pics of you and John together at last! Love your bedroom - you can come decorate at my house any time! Tell John thank you for serving our country and for keeping us save from those boogie men! So happy for you, I don't know how you did it being away from him for so long. I can't sleep when my hubby is gone over night or hunting for a week. You are a strong woman! Happy reunioning! (We are the "Funny Farm" and I am Lane's cousin - we feel like we konw you because of your cute blog. Maybe one day we'll meet in person!)

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

I love your bedroom! You did such an amazing job. And, I'm so happy that John is back home!! You two deserve all the happiness in the world.

Linda Horsley said...

Court,

I just get goose bumps when I think of you reuniting with your hubby. I love it! Grant has been gone for months and has arranged for me to go to England and Turkey for two weeks via the Air National guard. I am seriously considering it. I think it would be a blast! I will have to see. I am sooooo happy for you. I love the room. So romantic.

Chelsea Nelson said...

Two things:

First, LOVING that skirt! :)
Second, post sometime else!! I want to know how things are...

I love you.

Okay, that was 3 things.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Courtenay, it's time.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

ok ok, enough...We WANT PICTURES! and to know you're alive! hehe. Also we can't wait to see you both next month at the wedding!