I have been looking on craigslist and KSL classifieds looking for a dresser, various furniture items, home decor etc, when I came across this black fancy mirror. The ad said it was brand new, still in the box, retailed over 300.00
LOOOONG story short, I drove an hour out to the boonies where these people lived who were holding this mirror for me, and when I get there they say..."which one did you want to look at?" I am thinking, um the mirror. That's what I called about, so I say, the black mirror. so they lead me into their gorgeous house, and I come to find out that they have about 5 different styles of huge, beautiful mirrors. The black one I was looking it was HUGE, lI'm talking like 4 feet by 5 feet or something hunormous like that! It was SO big, I had to put the seats down in my subaru. I love big things on the wall, I feel like putting one tiny thing on the wall doesn't make much of a statement, I would way rather have one big peice, even if it means spending more sometimes. So I am shocked at the asking price from the add (which I haven't revealed to you yet, get ready to be blown away). I mean the quality of these mirrors was amazing, the typr of thing you would never find at a target or ikea, more like those firniture stores in the mall or some such place. SO I get nervous like um, did they just post that price hoping people would come and see it, then reveal the real asking price? so I ask to confirm and they reassure me that's the real price they want for this FANCY pants mirror. So I am stunned! Plus they have Oak mirrirs, cherry antique looking mirrors, a few gorgeous varieties. SO i jumped on the offer, and honestly if I had more cash, i probably would have bought a few of the other beauties (they had multiple quantities of some of them. So I ask, wow, how are you able to sell these for such a great price? They simply say, they got them for a great deal, so they're passing along a great deal. Boy oh boy, okay here are the pictures of the beauty:
These pictures are kind of small, but this is what it looks like out of the box :) LOVE IT!


Now are you ready to hear how much I paid for this?????
35 dollars!!!!
I can't believe it myself, it's like 90 % off the retail price, so gorgeous, brand new in the box and heavy real solid wood, and everything...now I just have to figure out where to put it, I was imagining to put it on top of our dresser, but its too big! I'll let you know where I decide to put it :)

12 comments:
wow! That's gorgeous, Courtenay. Good job!
wow! I'm also on the hunt for good deals off KSL. I think I've been bested. I've never had anything that nice come off KSL. YOU rock!
did you drive to harriman?
SCREAMING deal! Mirrors are SO expensive, I hate it. Gotta love Craigslist!
Nice detective work, Sherlock! It will look awesome in your new digs.
So proud of you! I think your motto should be "Bargains Only"
You and Amy are two peas in a pod. Seriously- I need to go shopping with you two. Deals come to you both. Love the frame. It looks awesome!
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! You are my hero!!!!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! way to go Court! Honestly, all i can think about is how your man gets home SO SOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you contain your excitement?!?!!!!?!?! I am so pumped for you! can't wait to see you!!!!
That's really pretty. I love it.
whoa, baby! Nice job. It's freaking beautiful!
OH MY GOSH I'M SO JEALOUSE!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!! Thats all....i just love it!! I feel a special bond with it too because you called me to ask for directions to get there hahahahahahah love you sist! Only cool people do that!!! haha
holy moly! so jealous....what a steal!!!
Post a Comment