Sunday, February 15, 2009

LOVE FEST!

So obviously I didn't spend love day with my valentine, but only 13 days left! How exciting, I can't even believe it~!

You know how every memory from your childhood is a cherished treasure? Well I feel like I have a lot. I remember a lot of things a lot of people don't, reminiscing is one of my favorite past times, because I can remember a lot of details about things.

Well I have these memories of halloween when I was little, or just family night, and my family playing carnival games. It was SO fun and required NO money to be spent. We played penny toss where you toss a penny from one end of the table and try to get it to land in a cup or bowl at the other end. Anyway, all the games were like this, you can make it easier or harder depending on the kid and anyway, it was so fun.


Well I though it would be a blast to have a carnival with the kids, so I called Ben and Kristen and Nate and Amy and told them they could go on a date and i would watch the kids and have this super fun carnival. They were grateful for the offer, but both of them didn't want to miss out, so they opted not to go on a date, but to join in the festivities! It was such a blast, the kids LOVED it!


Here are the games we played:
-Penny toss
-Bean drop

-cake walk (actually a cookie walk, we decorated sugar cookies later)

-ring the bottle (don't know what its really called, but it is hysterical, and near impossible to do!)
-musical chairs
-sniff the broom

-fishing (you know prizes hooked on the end of the pole, simple but so fun for the kids)

-LOVE dice roll (each number on the die represents something you have to do, like if you roll a 3 you have to tell 3 people I love you, if you roll a 1 you have to sing a love song etc)
-and we decorated sugar cookies.

It was so fun, and all the adults played all the games too, which was hilarious for the kids to watch their parents doing silly things. It was SO easy to plan for and ended up to be such a fun time spent together, I want to make it a new tradition! Here's some lovely pictures of the festivities!

papa murphys had heart shaped take and bake pizza's!!! (I of course had a GF version ;) )
Playing corn drop, you can kind of see the jar at the bottom of the pic, it was more challenging than I expected, the kids were really good at it though!
THIS is the ring the bottle game, the picture doesn't do it justice, it was so hysterical to watch Ben, who is 6'4" try to squat low enough to get the ring to go around the pop bottle, I was laughing so hard I was crying!
Playing the cake walk, can you read my ultra special shirt?! So festive! (I got it for a dollar last eyar @wal-mart and have been saving it all year to wear! Good for me for remembering it right?!)

Nate's number was called for the cake walk, he looks like a winner if you know what I mean! ;)
LILY was so funny to watch do the bottle ring game, she was cracking herself up so much she could hardly breathe, it was so funny!


KACI on the cake walk, yes she is wearing a ballet leotard, one of her many glamorous ensembles. This girl changes her clothes a good dozen times a day, no joke, and it seems the less it covers, the better, silly girl!
A favorite with the kids, musical chairs!
Ben helping the kids go fishing

Best pals, Dylan and William, these two are some of the most creative boys I have ever met!
Amy might kill me for posting this photo, even though I think its a glamour shot, she was just being funny and I couldn't resist a picture, sorry Amy but you're just SO cute!
The whole gang (minus ben, don't know where he snuck off to.)
Amy also brought strawberries and chocolate for dessert, who needs a gluten-death-cookie when you can have chocolate covered strawberries?!
Kaci showing off her treasures from the fishing game...she is such a doll, and gladly obliges to have her picture taken any day any time, so cute!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Well that is just too cute. You are the most fun aunt ever! It makes me wish I lived closer to all my nieces and nephews!

13 more days...that's NOTHING!!!

E and J said...

oh my gosh so much FUN! you're thebomb.com!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Sist thanks for posting so many pictures i LOVED them all!!! I'm so glad that you got to have such a FUN valentines day even though your valentine wasn't there!!! ONLY 13 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! Wish i could have been there last night!!! LOVE YOU!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

i bet your mom is so grateful for posting all of this. So fun, and free. You're sucha good auntie. Hey- you looked REALLY skinny in that picture on the chair, are you eating? what's up? maybe teh angle, you just looked super skinny....... i love yoru shirt- I want to do that for next year, good idea. I love you- i'm excited for your hub to get home

LeAnn said...

What happy smiles!! I am so proud of you in every way, but especially the way you think of things to make others happy instead of moping around wishing you had John here for Valentines Day! You are great and the time is coming very soon. You can have Valentine's Day all year if you want!
Thank you for posting the pictures, I loved them all!

greg&sarina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I don't know how else to contact you, but i wanted to wish you a happy day :)
-- Sarina