Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update and stuff

Okay I had a birthday a week ago, on the 18th. Quite honestly I think it was the WORST birthday I have ever had. I'm not being pouty, just stating the facts. I rung in my 25th year barfing my guts out at 4 in the morning, and diarrhea too, so lovely. You know I was just so excited about turning 25 that I wanted to make the most of it, starting in the wee hours of the morning. The day continued just as lovely as its beginning with my fever spiking back and forth between 100.9 and 103.7. I lay on the couch alternating cold sweats, chills, and hot flashes, managed to drink 2 glasses of orange juice and some strawberries in lui of cake.

On the plus side...Dylan and Kaci were also sick so they were home from school, keeping me company on the couch (I was at their house). They are really funny. Kaci doesn't "blow" her nose, she just holds a tissue at the end of it to catch the runniness, all day she's holding a tissue up to her nose...its funny especially when she eats. Dylan was SO sweet, I need to explain the latest rage with my nieces and nephews: LITTLEST PET SHOPS. They are these little animals that have big heads, huge eyes and they bobble. All of them have these littlest pet shops, and they are obsessed with making little houses for them, using little accessories etc. They just LOVE them. Well on my birthday Dylan was working really hard on something, and being so quiet, and asking me how to spell my name etc. So I get this little jewelry box taped shut all the way around, and inside i find my own littlest pet shop!!! WITH littlest ski-goggles and ear muffs! Now this my friends is a true gift of LOVE from Dylan. He was beaming! SO cute! Also William and Lily made me a big poster with stickers and drawings. I am so loved.



I was also pleasantly surprised to receive FLOWERS from my heart-nugget! They were gorgeous! I loved them, I just wished they lasted longer! They really were exquisite!



We went to Rexburg on Friday for Steph's bridal shower, it was the FUNNEST bridal shower I have ever attended! And I think we sufficiently embarrassed our little bride to be :)
Danielle Steph and Jenni
Jenni made this bride Cake! It is SO cute, and she even made the dress to look just like Steph's! Jenni did an AMAZING job decorating and planning the shower! The cupcakes are also so cute, wrapped in thulle and polka-dotted!



We played a game where we asked the groom questions beforehand, things like whats your shoe size, fav book etc, and if Steph got it wrong, she had to put on a peice of lingerie, and if she got it right, the girl who asked her had to put on a piece, it was really fun and funny! (There were cheap dollar store undies passed around beforehand, so it's not like they were actually stretching out or wearing her nice new lingerie, just FYI)
The whole gang, we had a great turn out.
It was so fun to have Kylie there, our cousin!

All of her "FUNDERWEAR" lined up on a clothesline :)




Sadly I had to spend Friday evening at the Urgent Care in Rexburg. Yuck. But I am now on the mend I think :)

John's come home date is a day earlier!!!! I get to see him Friday morning at 6 AM! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I can't even believe it!

Also, I am joining the coupon craze. I watched all these tutorials on youtube, and joined a few couponing sites and I made my first K-mart purchase with coupons!!! I bought 70 dollars worth of stuff for 24 dollars. That's good, but I just know I'll keep getting better. I think I am going to tackle Walgreen's today! YEAH!!! I'll keep you posted, my new motto is: Cheap is good, but free is better!


And lastly, my dad sent me this today. I am notorious in my family for accidentally looking really ugly and stupid in some pictures, like the flash catches me off guard and makes my eyes look "special" so I'm being really brave posting this pic as it is not cute, and I look pretty ticked. Dad took this when I was home at Christmas time and I was just being the stand on to get the lighting right for his photo shoot, this glamour shot was one result. Also in my family there might not be anything as funny as farts. As gross as it is, we just think it is so funny. it doesn't take long for any conversation to turn to sharing a fart story etc. So gross as it may be, it's funny. SO enjoy this photo :) THANKS dad!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, so much good stuff all in one post! That shower looks so fun, I wish I could have been there! And I'm so sorry about your birthday...what made you so sick? Just something going around? Sounds awful.

LOVE THOSE GORGEOUS FLOWERS!

I'm so excited for you to be reunited with John...it just makes me so happy, and since I'm pregnant, anything that makes me happy makes me cry, so here I sit, shedding some tears for you.

That picture is too funny...I had no idea your family thought farts were funny. :)

Unknown said...

oooops, this is Chad and Jessica

FUn stuff....well, except for the sick part.....OOoigh! That sounds like it was sheer awfulness! I'm sorry....the sick fairy was saying happy birthday! She doesn't understand that she's never really welcome...EVER! Those stuffed animals look pretty cute...I think I would have been into them if I were little right now.

Steph's shower looks awesome...I love all the lingerie and undies...what a great game! I love showers!

I love that you had the guts to post that pic....Chad hates it when I post bad pics of myself, but I think....oh my gosh, this isn't myspace where everyone only posts their most ridiculously perfect pics of themselves....i love funny face pics. Our family loves to talk about farts too! That's awesome!

the splendid life of us... said...

Yay for your hubby coming home! I am so happy for you! And I have been trying to do the whole couponing craze thing, but I just can't figure it out. Where did you find the tutorials?

Danielle said...

HA! That last pic just made me laugh. Love it.

The bridal shower was SO FUN! Except I look poopy next to those gorgeous girls.

I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I really hope it all gets better. YAY for John getting home early! Love you!

LeAnn said...

When I saw that funny picture I thought I would play a trick on you and post it on my blog--but you posted it on YOURS...What a good sport! soo sorry you were sick on your B-Day. We are saving your B-day gift til you come!
Love you ,
Mom

Jenni Call said...

Hi Ernie! I hope you are feeling better. Just in time for Johnny boy to arrive home. Happy Birthday! I sent you a note on Facebook, that is sorta impersonal! Geepers, what a lame-o SIL I can be. Glad you are on the mend. Love the fart pic! Perfect

*Stephanie Lance* said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHA this could possibly be my favorite post!!! hahaha oh my gosh i laughed the whole way through!!!! Thank you so so so so much for coming to rexburg for my shower and doing so much and helping SO much for it!!!!! I'm so grateful for you and all that you do for me!! You're the BEST sister EVERRRRRRRR!!!! You even found me a husband, now who can say that their sisters have done that? I CAN!! :) love you sist!!!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

oh you funny girl! love the who farted pic! Also all the shower pics are hilarious! I've never heard of that game, but it sounds like a blast. Glad you're feeling better!!

E and J said...

So i'm sad you had such a nasty b-day. Mine wasn't great either but then I get to celebrate all month! I wish I knew someone getting married so I could relive bridal showers! You guys look like you are having so much fun. Isn't that really how your face looks? I love that your mom was going to post that picture on her blog to embarrass you!

The Seaton Family said...

Happy Birthday Cheeks! I'm sorry that it was so crappy. I'm sure the celebration will really begin when John gets home. YEAH! Congrats. Love your guts.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

HA- on the last picture. The bridal shower looked so cute- I loved the cake! Jenny did such a good job! I was totally thinking the whole stretched out underwear thing, before you mentioned the dollar store underwear- I was like- "What are they thinking?!!!" She got some cute stuff- Wish i could have been there. You are about so see John in 7 hours! I'm so happy for you! Finally the torture is over! And marriage begins!!!!! I lvoe you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh yeah- and sorry about your birthday! That is awful! I feel even worse for not calling you- that is the ultimate worst birthday- barfing. I'm so sorry!