I LOVE being an aunt, I know I will love being a mom even more, BUT until that happens I love playing with these munchkins. We had them over for 2 nights last sunday and monday, I was a tad nervous about Will and Lill sleeping over, they get sad at night sometimes without their parents, but they did SO great! It was so fun, I adore these guys so so much. I really treasure the time we get to spend together, they are hilarious and fun and cute and cool. :) In a nutshell, this is what we did while they were here...Watched Emperors new groove, ate popcorn, played Littlest Pet Shops, made heart, star and bear shaped pancakes, ate watermelon bowls, took a LONG walk to the park, played for two hours at the park, scooter-ing, munching on carrots, marshmallows, and potato chips, played duck duck goose, went crazy on the tire swing, went down the wet slides, caught bugs, stared at the sky, played hide and seek through the wooded area, had fun "drinking" (more like squirting each other) out of the water bottle, watched the ducklings, talked a lot about ducks and robbers (there were neighborhood watch signs along the path, lily was concerned with the picture...) ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, WILLIAM LOST HIS OTHER front tooth (a huge deal!) he looks so cute! played in the backyard, made fluffy fuzzy magical pillow creatures with buttons for eyes and "magical" stuffing!(the stuffing was 'magical' because once you put it into your little guy, he would keep you safe in the night, and you can tell him all your dreams and wishes, and if you're scared he can make you feel better). Ate dinosaur chicken nuggets and rice for dinner, played in the sprinklers, ate popsicles, sang songs with my guitar, told jokes, took a giant warm shower (they all had their bathing suits on, don't worry, and i was NOT in the shower with them...just so you know ), watched Robin Hood, fell asleep on the couch watching it, (I took William into the bathroom to pee before I put him in his bed, he was totally asleep...I pointed to the toilet and said here's the toilet, go pee, and he started taking off his pants so I left him to do his business, I came back into the bathroom to see him finishing up peeing in the trash can....nice) snuggled and talked in the morning, ate yummy sweet cereal for breakfast, wrote letters to uncle Elder Andrew, made some science field journal drawing books, went to the dollar movies to see "race to witch mountain" and on Tuesdays everyone gets free popcorn!!! Had a picnic at the park, Dylan got sunscreen in his eyes, it rained on us so we left early, set up the lemonade stand hoping the rain would go away, (I got this lemonade stand for free from sunkist.com...if you have kids, check it out, it's adorable!) the sun came out, went around the block to set up the lemonade stand (This was Dylan's FAVORITE part, he loves anything to do with making money ;) )Made NINE dollars in one hour! What. Ever. (when I was little we sold lemonade for 10 cents a cup, and we were amazed when we made more than a dollar!) waving and looking cute at each car that passed by, really worked! (John took a study break to come buy some lemonade, and he rode his bike, I recognized him from far away and said oooh, here comes somebody so handsome, I don't know who it is but I can tell he is veeeeeery handsome! SO they were all looking, when William recognized it was John he was quite dissapointed, he said "ugh, it's just John!" and went back to waving at cars...but Lily got this wonderous look in her eyes when John rode up (she's really obsessed with Princesses and Princes, and 'true loves kiss' in fact she's convinced she's going to marry william, because he is her 'prince' it's actually really cute)...anyway, after he left she started making a pile of treasures on my blanket, including sticks, rocks, pine cones, grass, leaves, etc...I finally asked her what she was doing, she said "it's all for John, I don't know how to ever thank him for being SO handsome!" pretty darn adorable!) A lot of people stopped to buy lemonade, the Schwan man, and even some Police officers! They were really sweet with the kids, they turned on their lights and did their siren for them, but before they could get some lemonade they had a call they had to get to right away, but promised to come back when they were done...we ran out of lemonade before they came back, the kids were pretty sad they didn't get to give the officers lemonade. Kaci was an enthusiastic waver to all the cars, after one particular car passed without stopping, she matter of factly said "I'm sure they're allergic to lemonade, oh well" she said it kind of under her breath, it was so funny! We divied up the money, two dollars and 25 cents each, so we went to the dollar store to spend it! They took a half hour deciding and changing their minds and finding something they would rather have, and wanting to all get the same things, etc, it was pretty funny and cute. They all felt so 'big' to pay with their OWN money, to get their OWN reciept, to get their OWN change, and have their OWN bag. When we got back from the dollar store Nate was there to pick them up and take them home, they were so sad to leave, we had such a GREAT time, Nate told me Lily cried the whole way home "I want Courtenay to come home with us, I want her to live with us again" poor thing. It was so fun though, I am so glad we had them over!

These are the cutest sour faces ever! They were eating lemons..so tarrt!


one of the visitors to the stand, a beagle puppy! He was so mellow and adorable with the kids!

i love this picture of William and Lily, it highlight their adorable relationship, William teases Lily, but loves her to pieces, and Lily LOVES william, even wants to marry him :) NOTICE WILLIAMS MISSING FRONT TEETH, i love it!

The officers stop to show off their sweet sirens and lights

Their 'cute wave' to get cars to stop to buy lemonade

Handsomest prince ever stopped to get some refreshment


At the park, you can kind of see Dylans Fluffy critter he made


Picnic, and getting ready for the lemonade stand


POPSICLES!!!

kaci, is the cutest picture poser ever, if you so much as point a camera in her direction, she strikes a pose! SO glamorous...

fun in the sprinklers, Dylan was a dnacin maniac in the water!



porr tootle-bug, she got a sliver in her finger, and I wanted to help her get it out, it was too tender though, she looks so sad!

Another sassy pose!

This is RARE, I caught Williams pose before he lost it, he's so funny he cannot hold still for a picture ever! He's adorable though!

Dylan asked some teenagers who were also at the park if he could have oe of their water balloons, then he popped it on his head, William and Kaci were right next to him trying to get a splash too :)


Playing littlest Pet shops first thing in the morning


Dylans proudest moments, making money, so cute!
7 comments:
Wow! You guys did a whole lot of things in 2 days!! It is a good thing you have so much energy!! I love the pictures--those are CUTE,FUN kids and you are a CUTE, FUN aunt!!
Thanks for posting the pics.
Hmmmm... Aunt of the year award goes to COURTENAY! Holy cow! How do you have so much energy!?!? I'd be spent after like...the first activity! You must be their favorite person EVER! I read every bit- it was so cute!
Oh my goodness that is so wonderful! I agree completely, being an aunt is the BEST! You just get all of the fun!! And obviously those kids are SO lucky to have you as an aunt! That all looks so fun, court. I wish I was there!! And those pictures... uhh- they're beautiful! dylan is a minature scooter!!!! And WIlliams teeth are awesome!!!
way to go, love you!
Oh my gosh thats so cute!!!! I wish we could do that so bad! everything looks like so much fun!!! Those kids are SO cute! where did you get that cute lemon-aid stand? its totally legit!!! i love it!! SO SO FUN!!!! THanks for posting all the pics! i LOE looking at them! I miss them SO bad!! and you too, of course!!! LOVE YOU!!!
I'm exhausted just reading about it but it sure was a fun read and I love all the adorable photos. Thank heavens for aunts like you but you put us poor tired Grandma's to shame.
They are lucky to have you!
hi courtenay.
my name is denise adams. i'm married to glen adams {john's cousin--his mom and dad are nancy and richard adams} well i was checking out your blog and the dress you made in the previous post is super cute. i was wondering if you could tell me where you got the pattern or what the pattern is {butterick, mccall, vouge? and the number} i'm not as great of a sewer as you but i'd love to make a summer dress. oh and i love your bedroom...i hope that doesn't seem to weird to say..but the colors are so rich and the curtains are very cute. very crafty. thanks for the ideas.
denise
Post a Comment