You have GOT to be kidding me...
First of all...it is 3:48 AM right now. I am up with some lively bowel issues...I have a colonoscopy AND endoscope at 8:30, and before you go in, you have to drink only clear liquids the day before and drink this medicine that makes you 'go' more than I care to count. I am working on the last few doses of the medicine, it's an entire gallon! And it's gross, my gag reflex has been giving me grief, it's a bit revolting, that's the only way I know how to describe it. Anyway, half a tube of neosporin, three rolls of toilet paper, and half a box of kleenex cottonelle wipes, little sleep, frequent breaks to 'go' make me a grumpy camper, not to mention that in a few hours I am about to be totally violated! Hopefully though they will be able to find some answers!
Second of all, I love to sew, BUT I don't do patterns, I make SIMPLE things with straight seams mostly and some other fun stuff, but I have been afraid of patterns, they never turn out right for me. Well, I decided I needed to get over it. I inherited some fabric from my Aunt Marilyn, she's a gem and saved me a TON of school teacher stuff when she retired, and some vintage fabric from the 1950's and such. So I fell in love with this fabric, and I had been saving this pattern for just the right material...I am SO proud of my accomplishment, PLUS this is not only the CUTEST dress I have ever seen, it is the MOST comfortable dress ever, I want to make like five more and wear one every day, it is so comfy and cute, talk about a double wammy!!!
I decided to make the straps a bit wider than the pattern said, and I added the ric rack :)

I love the colors in this dress so much!
I love the colors in this dress so much!
Post about the kiddos coming to visit and PICTURES soon, I promise!

16 comments:
Wow Court, what a beautiful dress!! :) Good luck today!
Dang good job! I'm afraid of patterns too, but looks how good you did!
Good luck today...I'll seriously pray for you, that sounds awful!
I am thinking of you today Honey. I know you will be glad when that is over!
Good job on the dress--I am very impressed--especially with the zipper! and the rick rack is the perfect touch--also the green polka-dot.You look darling. i hope you wore that when you went in for your test so they could see how cute you really are!
Okay- you did AMAZINGLY on the dress! So good! It looks like something you buy from a really REALLY stylish store! You look GREAT in it! What pattern did you buy for that? I love it. Really- will you let me know what brand and pattern number it is? I'm so sorry you have to go through all the medical stuff. No fun..at ALL. Love you!
such a cute dress!!!! I love it. you did an awesome job
Cute fabric and cute dress!! I admit though, the bottom was not quite what I expected from first seeing pictures of the top. I thought it was going to be shorter (about knew length) and a little more A-line. It's very cute though! Love the wider straps and rick-rack addition.
Oh, and congrats on the job!! :)
LOVE IT!!! Not all the poopiness of course but the DRESS!!!! Oh my gosh i'm in love with it!!! LOVE the Fabric and the style and everything!!! GREAT JOB!!!! SO SO CUTE and awesome that it's totally vintage material and not just "wanna-be" vintage!!! Its the real deal! thats awesome!! i'm sorry you have to do those nasty things today but at least you will get over with it :) and then you can eat some yummy puffy cheetos! right? well i sure have been thinking about ya and i tried to call you but my phone is really acting up and wont get service ANYWHERE! its really starting to tick me right offfff!! well i love you very much!!! hope your day gets better after your tests!!!
Poor Queen :(
I love the dress! I want one!
Court, I love that dress! You are awesome, it is so bright and cheery just like you. Congrats on the new job too, they are luck to have you. I had fun reading and catching up on all the fun things you have been up to.
love ya
Oh I hope everything goes ok. I had an endoscopy too and it was no fun. I'll be thinking about you!
gorgeous fabric, gorgeous dress, and of course, gorgeous girl! Nice job! You're more brave than I am...I never sew for myself. Scaredy cat!
and good luck with the invasive procedure. I totally feel for you!
you are AMAZINGLY talented!!!! I love it. teach me, please!
Oh my gosh Courtenay! That dress is soooooooo cute! And you did such a good job! You're such a good sewer! That fabric is so cool, I love it. You are really lucky you got all that fabric from your aunt- it's like the style everyone is trying to imitate with fabric today. So beautiful. And love the rick rack touch- ok- looked at the above pictures, that is the cutest lemonade stand I have ever seen. I feel so bad for your bowel problems, I feel your pain. However, I don't feel the pain of colonoscopy, I am so sorry, and I hope it went ok. I love you
AND- I feel like I always say this, but you are so beautiful. I hope you realize how gorgeous you are. Really.
Gorgeous dress! I love it!! I am totally untalented at sewing patterns. It looks like you did a great job!
Post a Comment