Friday, May 29, 2009

I GOT IT!!!

Man my phone keeps ringing! I GOT THE ONE I WANTED!!!
Third grade, traditional schedule, GREAT team of teachers to work with, stable community (meaning they don't have kids moving in and out a lot) a great academic reputation, AND it's just a hop, skip and a jump away, MIGHT be a whole mile :) I am SO SO HAPPY! I am going to celebrate by going to Ikea to get a decoration thingy I have been eyeing for my classroom for like a year! YEAH!!! I am so so happy!!!!
Meet Mrs. Lance, the newest thrid grade teacher at Bennion Elementary School! I don't know why but in these pictures my legs look tiny and my bosoms look HUGE...it's some kind of crazy optical illusion and I know it is because my legs are not that little...anyway, this is what I wore to every interview, and I got compliments on it from 2 of the ladies who interviewed me :)

So this is the 'leaf' I want, but I want to get one and use it as a pattern and figure out how to make more...any suggestions my crafty friends??? Let me know what you think! Anyone know where to get that nylon material they use for sleeping bags and kids toy things such as this?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahooo!!!! Congratulations my dear! :)

*Stephanie Lance* said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW YOU WOULD GET IT!!!!! I knew you were AWESOME!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOO!!!!! I was wondering if thats what happened when you abruptly ended our phone conversation so i checked your blog to see if you had put up any news and you DIIIIIIDDD!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! THat is so great and SO exciting!!! What a great way to ease your mind of other things for a little bit! LOVE the first pic of you btw. its really cute and silly, but mostly just really cute!!! i love you a lot and i'm so glad you got the job you wanted!! When you were saying that you got it and stuff and describing the school, it reminded me of the Other Sister when she passes her "real" person classes and a "real" person school! hahah i don't know why but it was making me laugh! ok for reals this time...i love you and i'm proud of you!!! WOOO!!

Emily said...

YOU GO GIRL! Of course you'll get the job you wanted because you're the best 3rd grade teacher in the universe!!!!!

You look so cute in that picture!

Unknown said...

Will you come down to Utah county so you could be G's 3rd grade teacher? For reals she'd LOVE YOU! Congrats on at least FOUR job offers! You rock!!!!

Nancy said...

That's so exciting! You'll be such a fun 3rd grade teacher!

Danielle said...

Wow- Congrats! That is awesome. I can't imagine anyone not liking you unless you are a HORRID interviewer (which is obviously not the case!)- especially for elementary school- you just have so much love in you that is so needed in elementary school teachers. Anyway- I'm way happy for you!

Jenni Call said...

Hooray! That took NO time at all! You will have so much fun teaching 3rd grade (again). What do you need the leafy things for? Make it like you would a kite! Use dowels and nylon...I can help out in about a week!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

AWESOME!!!! So excited for you!! GO check out my blog, cause your day is gonna get even better! haha.... :)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

First of all- congradulations on the job- that is so wonderful. I love the outfit! You look so good in it. OK- the nylon stuff- joanns carries it- and then ofcourse use the 40% off coupon- ALSO- in Joanns- they have the clearance section- they always have weird random fabric in there- and then the clearance goes 50% off, and I've totally seen nylon in there- however, we have a really good clearance selection, I don't know about where you live obviously. love you-

The Seaton Family said...

Yea Loo! I am so excited for you, I know that you will do awesome. What a relief it must be to have a real job. I am really happy for you! Love you tons! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Linda Horsley said...

Court,
I am so happy for you! Of course I feel really sad that I can't be that great team you are working with. I still miss you tons! Love ya!

Jill said...

Hooray! That was easy! You deserve it! I'm going to move to you when Joseph is in 3rd grade.