Friday, May 29, 2009

Need a job

So I had thought for a long time that finding a teaching job would be EASY and that I would have no problem finding a job...well then the economy "got down" and then I started to freak out because everyone is saying how it's a really bad year to be trying to get hired for teachers, because people are either having hiring freezes, or they're downsizing, or transferring etc etc etc, and all these ladies in my ward are telling me what to do and who to talk to, where to look, blah blah blah. For 2 weeks straight, daily I would call schools and districts to see what their policies are etc about hiring in whatever positions I was interested in...SO I was totally depressed because no one was hiring the grades I wanted and I didn't know if I would even get a job.

Well this week I followed up on a bunch of the calls and had a slew of interviews...eight to be exact, which is a lot. So They all went really really well, I can be quite the charmer apparently, I totally had these ladies cracking up the whole time, with the exception of one interview, it didn't go so well...I just didn't click with the ladies, they were kind of stiff...older...really nice, just no click...so anyway, I finished my last interview of the week this morning, another home run!

so... now I have two job offers, but neither of them are the ones I really wanted...so we'll see. I will tell you though it is flattering to have people call and tell me how 'delighted they were to interview with me' and that 'we all thought you were so adorable' a girl needs to hear that sometimes from people...

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me...


oh!!! I just got another one! Make that three offers, but I haven't committed to any because none of them are my first choice....

No comments: