
Okay so I have been allergic to banana's since I was a kid, I would get canker sores and tingly tongue if I ever ate them, so I never NEVER eat them, I won't even eat Banana bread (not that I can anymore) but I love the smell of bananas, I think they smell good, and since I can't eat banana's I love banana flavored things, laffy taffy, popsicles etc.
Well, when we were in Hawaii John fell in LOVE with the fresh banana's, they're called "apple banana's" and he says they are super creamy and taste better than any other bananas because banana's that we get in the states are basically one variety, and they aren't the nest variety, they just ship really well...SO one day John says, oooh I wish I had some hawaiian bananas, and I say yeah too bad I can't eat them, and he says, you were allergic when you were a kid, maybe you're not anymore, and i say, thats true that happens sometimes, but I am not in the mood to try it and have my tongue and mouth swell up with sores and be miserable for days, and he says, go get tested by an allergist, and I say why? It's not like I'm really missing out on something huge right? And he says, no way! Okay I promise if you go get tested and if you're not allergic to banana'z anymore, I will TAKE YOU BACK TO HAWAII so you can have apple banana's. I say okay, not thinking anything of it. A feww weeks pass by and John says, I am surprised you don't have an appointment with an allergist yet, and I say why? And he says, you must not want to go to Hawaii, and I say, What? Were you serious? And he says, totally! So I say, how could we afford that? And he says, I don't know we could make something work, I made a promise. I called to make an appointment that day.
My appointment was yesterday. I got poked and tested for a number of things among which were banana, and I tested negative. The doc cautioned me though because some reactions, like what I have walnus and pecans are chemical reactions, and they are different, SO he gave me a pokey thingy, and said to poke a banana with it, adn then scratch my arm with it to see if I react to it......I DIDN'T!!! So I ate three bites of a banana (just a little at first to make sure)!!! I waited for John to come home to watch me eat my first banana in over 20 years....CRAZY! I can eat banana's now!!! AND I GET TO GO TO HAWAII!!!! I'm not quite sure when exactly it will happen, but I KNOW it will. Happy day, what a miracle.
Have you ever not been able to eat something and then discover you can eat it? My dad used to be bothered by root beer and spearamint gum, he can have root beer now but I don't know about the gum.
YUMMY BANANA'S!!!

8 comments:
I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this post. You are so funny. I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I only WISH this could happen for me! I'm allergic to so many things...but they have all gotten increasingly worse as I get older. Why am I the freak that doesn't have anything when I'm little, but does when I'm big? Anyway- yay for the bananna miracle! I want to try those apple banannas now. Love ya!
Yay for bananas! I just recently started eating them too, but it was a texture thing for me. Cucumbers too, they made my stomach hurt ONCE long ago, so I didn't eat them for YEARS. Now I like them with dill dip. lol. FUnny food stories!
Hooray! Bananas and Hawaii! Sounds great to me. Have fun planning your trip! And eating bananas. yum
LOL! I am esctatic you can eat "nannies" now. They are so yum. PLUS, you get to go to Hawaii again. Lucky girl
That is hilarious. Bananas are great, I'm so glad you can eat them now! Also, how did I never know that about you? Weird.
Anyway, can I come to hawaii too?
I can't believe you were allergic to bananas....how depressing! I eat on in my oatmeal almost every morning...I put them on waffles and pancakes....I put them in smoothies....they're the most convenient snack in its own wrapper....I'm so happy you can eat them now!!!!
John is a great bargainer! You get tested, and we go to Hawaii if you're still not allergic? Okay!
holy crap it's a miracle!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John Rocks, what a sweet bargain he made with you! It's a win- win for you, you get to eat bananas and go to Hawaii!!!! you go girl!
NO WAY!?!?!?!?
that IS a miracle! and you get to go back to HAWAII?!?!?!? LUCKY!!!! you should wait til me and Jarom can go with you!!! :) that would probably be a while though. NUTS! I'm so happy that you can finally eat bananas! YUM!! lOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment