BUT I have to say, they left for a really exciting job for said brother, and it's kind of like a dream come true for him, and he would be crazy not to take it. So it's bitter sweet really...and we'll be planning some trips to the warm south soon!
On the up side, I went shopping! I hit the motherload jackpot at Macy's...baby clearance GALORE, PLUS an additional 40% off...I went crazy! I'm talking cheaper than DI prices here folks! I had so much fun! Spent a pretty penny, but I have A LOT to show for it! Some of the outfits need a little sprucing up with some original flare, so stay tuned for that! :)
Let's see, another up-side, I submitted my masters thesis for approval! It will come back with revisions etc a few times, but this is the beginning of the end! YEAH!!!
For the Disney Give a Day Get a Day, I made these two quilts for project Linus (They take quilt donations for kids and give them to sick kids in hospitals, and for police officers to have in their cars to give kids when they have to take them out of their homes in bad situations) Now before you go thinking I am so charitable, I did it to get 2 free Disneyland tickets :) I'm shameless, but hey, everybody wins :)
I used all fabric I had, only had to buy badding, so it's like getting 2 Disneyland tickets for like 4 dollars. Awesome.
Baby boy fabric I have picked out so far...I'm working on a quilt with these fabrics, more to come...someday!
I have actually had these decorations up since before the beginning of February! Huge accomplishment for me :) BUT haven't been motivated to post them till now... I used some felt hearts from the dollar section and hit glued them onto some ribbon, the big heart is a placemat...love it. Used the same tree as I used for Halloween, and made the extra hearts into ornaments, and I printed some vintage valentine's off to frame...I do love those vintage cards! ANYWAY, it was fun to put together, Valentine's is one of my fav holidays :)

9 comments:
I want to go to Disneyland so bad!!! I'd even make a quilt to go...yours look SOOO GOOD!!!
I'm so sad for you about Nate and Amy leaving and taking their kids with them. how rude.
I hope you have a great birthday, I love you!
First things first....HAPPPPPPPPPPPY BIRRRRRRRTHDAYYYYY!!!!!!! Ok, Good job on Blogging. I have not blogged since christmas! SO LAME!!! I want to blog about our weekend buttttt-i don't want to blog about Nate and Amy leaving...too sad! :( But good job for doing it! It was tastefully well put! If that makes sense! CUTE quilts! I am SO tempted to do that give a day get a day thing! I wanna go to D-Land SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!!!!!!! I love it there!!! Cute decorations and everything! I love it all!!! I had so much fun with you picking out all those CUTE little baby boy clothes! He's going to be one stylish baby, thats for sure!!! Cute post! Love you!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Love,
Sarina and family
Cute post--can't wait to see all the boy clothes you got! Love your valentine decorations too.
Happy Birthday!
Love you TONS!!
Happy Birthday to you! I meant to get this first thing this morning but glad I at least got the day. I hope you have had a great day.
The fabrics are adorable and I love your decorations.
I'm sad for you about Nate and Amy, that is a hard thing to go through.
Ok- what is this thing with the quilt and disney land- I want to do it. How do you do it? I need info- I want to go to disney land! So- at the end of your post were a ton of X's in boxes, like unloaded pictures or something? what is that? I"m so sorry about Nate and Amy, is there a reason why you didn't mention what job? is it a secret? I'm sorry they are so far away, I know how much you love them and how close you are to them, but- you will get through this, you will be ok, it might force you to make some new close relations. I'm sorry. I love you- hope your b day is really good!
OH- and your quilts were really cute- and I ESPECIALLY LOVED the 2nd one with the big flowers at the bottom
cute quilts! i love the flowers! and the fabrics for baby's quilt are perfect! nice job! often boy quilts can look cheesy....but i LOVE those. oh, and I hear it's birthday time for you? Happy Birthday!
So fun keeping up with you and all of your energy and fun ideas. I can't wait to see how you keep up with your momentum when you have 6 or 7 kids to help you!!
Post a Comment