This is my sweet class, I love them so much. For Valentine's Day I always teach my students etiquette and manners and how to behave like ladies and gentlemen and it's SO fun, then the culminating activity is a dance. (nothing serious, we're talking the electric slide, the chicken dance macarena etc...) I told my teaching team about it and they wanted to be in on the FUN, so this year's V-day celebration was huge!

John came, my prince, for some reason my students think it's SO exciting when John comes to school, I guess I do too :) He was the photographer for the event :) You can see the parents decorated the gym...cute :)

This is such a perfect shot. We did a dance called the "Party Train", a boy and a girl shuffle down the "train" (a row of girls and a row of boys), then at the end, they bow and curtsy...keepikng eye contact and smiling, all part of their training, so SO cute!


My team and I leading the electric slide from the stage, we had practiced for a couple weeks during PE time, so the kids knew it really well

I love this shot, this is at the beginning when we are waiting for the fun to begin, notice the whispering girls in the back row, and the girl telling a sweet secret to a boy middle and center...tender :)

Walking the class down to the dance, John was escorting me too, but he jumped out of line for a sec to grab this shot

So, I teach the boys to escort the girls, they ask politely, offer their arm and off we go, ABOVE is a gem of a kid, Yes he is wearing a white tuxedo with a purple ruffle tux shirt and a top hat, sadly he had been wearing a green bow tie, but it was too tight or something....some of the fellas got the privilege of escorting 2 girls due to the uneven girl to boy ratio


okay, here's the latest and greatest...21 weeks

Same dress as my 11 weeks photo, so you can see the growth clearly :)
I felt him MOVE for the first time yesterday, it was SOOOOO cool!
Other joys I am experiencing being pregnant:
-Have to eat small portions at a time, otherwise I am so uncomfortable...it's hard to sit down to dinner to eat a small portion of food, when you know in an hour it will time for another small portion...sometimes I just eat a normal amount, but then I regret it, too full to even bend over!
-Peeing all the time
-Armpit stink....I feel very fortunate because I don't have to wear deodorant. I don't smell when I sweat and I only put on deodorant if I am going to work out. This week however I discovered that I will be needing to include the pit stick into my daily routine, as I have started to smell ripe if I don't...gross.
-And lastly, I have reached the point where if I sneeze I have to cross my legs, otherwise I piddle my pants a little bit LOL!!!! Found that out from a sneak attack sneeze, didn't see it coming, I was sitting in a chair, yes, my pants were a smidge wet...this is new.

Valentine's Day weekend was spent helping Nate and Amy move, so on Sunday when they left, we had a pity party, we all cried a lot, decorated cookies to make us feel better...
Ben and Kristen

LOL, sorry I had to include this shot sist, but it was too good to pass up!


The night before they left, we had cake and ice cream for my birthday, it was DELISH!!!


I had a great birthday, I got spoiled by everyone, especially John, he gave me a new SEWING MACHINE!!!! I am so so so excited about it!
PS, birthdays at school as a teacher are pretty priceless, I got many "sweet treasures"
"mrs. lance, my mom was going to throw this away, but I asked if I could give it to you for your birthday"
"My mom said I could pick out anything i wanted from the dollar store to give you!"
"My grandma said I could pick something from the junk drawer for you"
LOL...kids are the sweetest!
Thanks everyone for the gifts and well-wishes for my next trip around the sun :)
6 comments:
The Valentine Dance looks so fun! I love the gym decorated by parents! What fun! I didn't do a dance this year because I only have 8 girls and couldn't figure out how to do the ratio thing. Other years I have loved doing it, and your photos reminded me how much fun it can be.
Happy, happy birthday too! I missed helping you celebrate. I still miss having you at school so we can enjoy those kinds of things. Miss you! Take care,
Laura
I love your Valentine's Day dance! The kids look so excited and cute. John...what a man. He sure treats you like a princess. Justin would NEVER wear a pink tie. Your belly looks pretty darn cute too. Good luck with the sneezing, it only gets "better."
Something from the junk drawer?! Nice.
I love your valentine dance pics...so dang cute! Those kids are so so lucky, and your little guy will be even luckier to have you as a mom. You look beautiful!!
Glad you had a great birthday!
oh my gosh- the kids presents- so funny. Courtenay you are such a cool teacher! You looked so cute- with the kids. What a fun day. THanks for the pregnant picture- love it! You look so cute! and I know I say this alot- but- you have such amazing hair- wanna give me some of it? love you!It was nice hearing your voice the other day :)
You are such a cute preggers girl! What a cute idea for your class, too. Those pics are so sweet!
P.S. The sneezing thing doesn't get any better, sorry to say, even AFTER you have the baby, lol! At least that's how it was for me! Best of luck with the pregnancy!
what an adorable dance! you look great too! love the belly. Just wait until AFTER you have the baby. like, a year after. sneezing will still getcha. lol!
Post a Comment