Okay, project one: Knit dress...knit is a pain in the bum to sew with...I love the dress though, so it turned out okay :) The sleeves were hard, but I'm expanding my sawEEt skills :) Also, I got this fabric a long time ago from Walmart, for .50 cents a yard...so this dress costed like 1.25 in fabric :) I also have a plain grey one I am working on...it's the MOST comfortable thing to wear...and it's expandable...er the knit is very giving :)
23 week belly
I gotta say, this is not my favorite angle, straight on...BUT I had to show the whole dress...
Okay, NEXT projects
: applique...Sweet little sailboat...
Okay so I had previously mentioned getting some AMAZING deals at Macy's, well they more mostly carters stuff, cudlly onesies and such...now I think this is moderately cute..."I wanna be a fireman" okay, cut-ish, but not really my style, SO I transformed a bunch of mediochre outfits into VERY. CUTE. one-of a kind beauties! :)
This fireman one became a Pirate one...cute no?And this one is my favorite...a little charlie brownish if you ask me...I hand embroidered the brown stitching...SO cute, I love it!
Project Three: The Quilt...or the top at least :) The stripes beside the white are a pale grey and the backing will be a grey minky (it comes on Tuesday :))
John has been talking about buying drums for FOREVER, he talks about it to me at least 10 times a day, he really wants to have drums...a completely unrelated note, I want a lazy-boy recliner rocker chair that I can snuggle the baby in while I am nursing...John thought we should get a nice wooden rocker...I am not opposed to the wooden rocker, but I choose comfort...we disagree.
Okay, so one day this week I come home from school, I call out to John...no answer...I hear rustling coming from the office/baby room...I go to open the door. locked...hmmm...
Me: honey? Are you in there?
John: Uhhh...yeah, don't come in!
Me: Why? (thinking) Oh my gosh babe did you get drums????
John: Yeah, I'm setting them up, don't come in!
Me: Awesome! Tell me about them, are they the ones from Guitar center???
John: Yeah! I called the guy blah blah blah
Me: let me in, I wanna see them!
John: Just wait a sec, I want you to get the full effect!
Then John comes out of the office but still won't let me in to see the drums...he grabs the camera and goes back into the office, fighting me off and not letting me in
John: Wait till I count to three then open the door
Me: Honey, why do you have the camera, I do NOT want you to take a picture of me looking at your drums, I think you'll be dissapppointed at my reaction, just let me in...
John: Okay, come in!
Me: Gasp. Shock. Tears....
It was not drums...it was this chair...be still my heart, I married a good man :)
Anyway, I know this post is long, and all of my posts have TONS of pictures...and usually cover more than one event...but thanks for reading :) Have a great week!

15 comments:
Court, you are such an adorable pregnant lady! I wish I had even half of the skills you have with sewing! Those outfits are ADORABLE! The little man is going to be so stylish! :)
LOVE IT ALL!!! That chair looks so dang comfy you'll never want to get out of it. And I love how you made the onesies your own...too stinking cute!! You look great!
CA-UUUUUTE!!!!!!! I LOVE it all!!! That dress is SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!! I LOVE the style and the fabric!!! Oh my gosh so cute!!! Love the chair story too! What a thoughtful husband!!! Love you!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!! YIPEEEE!!!!!
awww John gets soo many points for that chair! good job, cuz. :) i LOVE everything you've made! the dress is awesome..i wish i could pull off the maxi dress, I'm just too short. :( love all the redos on the clothes, ESPECIALLY the argyle top! ahh. soo cute. and i like your tie design, better than mine!...:D hehe
I love your clothes! I keep wishing I had sewing skills so I could make maternity stuff that actually fit me well instead of just sort of!!
My Mom got me that I wanna be a fireman onesie...but it's perfect for our baby since his daddy IS a firefighter! :o)
You look great Courtenay!
You're a lucky girl Courtenay. I can't believe he even got the camera to capture the moment- gosh.
You look soooooooo beautiful in your picture! And you did such a good job on the dress! It is soooo cute! And good job on the fabric find! Oh yeah- and the clothes- soooo cute! You are so talented! So creative!
Cute Cute clothes--can't wait to snuggle him right up in those cute things. I like your dress too, Good Job! The chair is wonderful! Good job John!!
You are like...the cutest ever. I love all your sewing projects! You are sooo talented and creative! I love how you spiced up all the clothes! SO perfect! And I LOVE your surprise pictures! What a sweety to get you that chair.
You did marry a good man, that is the best story ever! I love how creative you are with sewing. All those projects would have been a major production for me and you just whip them out in between being the coolest 3rd grade teacher ever and all the other amazing things you are doing.
I'm glad you are feeling good and enjoying your pregnancy, you look beautiful.
I am totally going to "try" stealing your cute sleeves for a dress I've been working on. I undid a dress and redesigned it a little. It had awful sleeves. We shall see if I have any success.
Those baby onesies are adorable!
You look way cute! =) Yay for expandable dresses.
That is the cutest story ever! Totally made me cry. What a great man you have. Love your cute belly pics :)
Hey what kind of camera do you have?
You are so adorable pregnant. it is so good to see that you are doing so well. I love the dress. You are so talented. Love Ya
Loved seeing all of your adorable sewing projects! You're right, they are WAY cuter now! And wow! What an awesome hubby you have! I guarantee you will be sleeping in that chair for the first few weeks of your baby's life. Sooooo lucky! And did I mention that you are totally adorable??
Oh my gosh! such cute applique! I've been wanted to do some, especially for my little boy. Will you Pleeeeeeese tell me how you did it? btw...I'm John's cousin just so you know I'm not just some random stranger asking for your advice.
Post a Comment