Monday, October 4, 2010

Three Months Old

Woah. Three months. This kid is growing like a weed, really. I don't know how much he weighs but I'm pretty sure it's more than 14 lbs. He is SO happy these days, it's easier and easier to get him to smile :) He's pretty irresistible in the morning after he's had a nice long sleep, he is SO happy! He's still a great eater, and we dropped his late night feeding so now he eats about six times a day, takes 5 naps, and he eats around 8 or 9, and then goes down fro the night. He wakes me up around 7 to eat and snuggle me in bed, it is heaven. He loves sucking on his hands, so when he finds them, he drools so much his shirt is pretty soaked. He still just yells at me when he's hungry, poopy, or tired. He loves being held in the sling, and he likes to be swaddled tight and to suck on a binky when he's ready to go to sleep. He can hold up his head but he still hates tummy time, but he really likes his bumbo seat (see second video below). He is perfectly content to watch me clean and cook all day, oh and he loves to be read to, he likes looking at pictures. At conference he was cracking us all up because he was watching it with what looks like real intent...such a reverent boy!
I made these pants out of a pair of adult shorts (that were $2 at my downeast store)....I feel like a rockstar. I think they are SO cute, and they were super easy because all the hard parts were done already, like the waist band etc...I've got like 4 more pair in the works! I also made a pocket and sewed it onto his polo (that I also got at my downeast store ;)
A bit concerned...
munching on those hands....delish!




he's had enough, wants to be snuggled and put to bed!
Well, that's our little Everett, three months old!

12 comments:

LeAnn said...

I seriously need to give him a smooch!!!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh. My GOSH! Seriously? Is he THAT cute? Those pants and SO cute and that little fact is just the cutest thing i've ever seen!!! It makes me just want to snatch him up and kiss his cute little face off!!! Good job on the pants!! I can't wait for our crafty weekend and you can teach me some of your tricks! yahoo!! love yoU!

Jenni Call said...

Oh man! I love that "bit concerned" photo. His outfit rocks! Those upcycles are so fun and fast. His is so kissable and cute. Those videos were to die for.

**the muirs** said...

He is A-DOR-ABLE!!!

Jenni said...

YOU ALREADY made the shorts??? Court- I am absolutely impressed. holy smokes. that was fast and they are So cute. He is rockin them!

I love your child so much. Thank you so much for letting me snuggle him all weekend :) He is perfect. I'm crossing my fingers for all of my children to be like him.

Chelsea Nelson said...

Are you kidding me?! He is the CUTEST!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

his pants are adorable! and i love his ears-they're so cute!

Aaron and JaNell said...

What a handsome man!

Lizzie said...

That went by so fast!!! (at least for me)

I can't believe it's been 3 months. He is darling. So so cute and you are the cutest Mom.

Danielle said...

Hey courty- do you have any great gluten-free recipes? Like maybe even for bread? Or anything? If you haven't read my blog- Clay can't have Wheat/Gluten until he's cured of Lyme disease (3-5 years) so I just need some help in this area!!! my email is daniellephillipp@gmail.com I would really appreciate it! Obviously you're busy so whenever you get a chance that'd be awesome. And also if you have any advice about anything..hahaa. Love you.

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

He's adorable and looks so grown-up! I'm glad you're having so much fun with him. He's one lucky kid!

Lulu said...

Oh my gosh, COURTENAY MITCHELL!!!! I haven't seen you since Girls Camp days :) I came across your blog a while back, and can't remember if I sent you a message or not. I was in a hurry that day. Then I couldn't remember how I had found you, so you were lost. I thought forever :( But I found you again, and you have like; the cutest baby ever!!! Aww...he's adorable. Makes me think of that night when we were first years, and we all stayed up late just talking in the tent. There was a great discussion on when we got older, if we were going to go on missions, or get married right away. I remember you and I siding with those who thought getting married and having cute babies was the ultimate goal. And how could we not think that-years later, and a couple of cute babies? I think we chose well...hehe How are you? How's life? I see you're crafty as ever-I'm totally jealous :) lol