Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving



Everett's first Thanksgiving! We drove to California to visit John's Grandparents and family in Gilroy! We had to delay our starting time a little because of the BLIZZARD in Utah, not storm, BLIZZARD. Yikes. We made it though, and Thanksgiving day was BEAUTIFUL!!!! We held it at the church because our group was so big, somewhere around 40 people! We made green bean casserole, and the spread of food was impressive to say the least! It was super fun having it at the church, plenty of room to run around, we play Poison (A basketball game) and BUNCO! I even won a prize! ;) Thanks Jess! It was SO fun!


It was a Sunny Thanksgiving day, cold, but sunny and beautiful! I have so much to be thankful for, especially for the health and love of my little family



Aunt Jan had these pilgrim hats, and we couldn't resist dressing up the babies, and I couldn't choose which picture was the cutest, all such funny and cute expressions!

He was screaming/laughing/waving his hands with excitement throughout this little shoot...funny kid
I adore the look on Charlottes face, her perfect little lips, such a pretty baby!!! It was fun to hang with these gals more!
This one (Below) is my favorite...Everett looks like he's getting ready to hip his hat to the little lady ;) CA-YUTE!
His Turkey Bib and Thanksgiving onesie I found thrifting! The onesie was brand spankin new with the tags on it and everything!



We didn't get any pics of the whole group feasting, LAME! If it wasn't for Jess and Rory swiping my camera and taking pics with it, I wouldn't even have this one of Jess and Sadie!
Okay, Everett kept eating his hands, slobbering all over himself and getting cold, see his red face? So at Walmart I had to trap him in my jacket to keep his hands and face warm...silly kid!
SISTEY'S

Another fun part of the trip was to visit with Grandpa Lynn and Grandma Jean, Everett met them for the first time, it was so nice to catch up!


We had to leave early on Saturday instead of Sunday to try and beat another storm. It was scary driving through the night with terrible weather, none of us were able to get much rest. We made it home at about 10:30 am Sunday, safe and sound...then we all crashed!

This is Everett at grandma's house, we just told him he was going to have to spend another 16 hours in his carseat...he hates that thing!!! okay, that wasn't his reaction, but this is a pretty funny face right?

7 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you guys had a great time and made it home safe!! That Everett is one cute pilgrim that's for sure!!1

You and Steph are so cute! Miss ya!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I'm so glad we got to have Thanksgiving together this year visiting our Husband's families! haha So cool! It sure was a fun trip! WAY too short though! I miss snuggling Everett every morning and seeing him all day! And you too of course! Not the snuggling part though! Cute pictures!! love you!

Chad and Jessica said...

LOVE THESE PHOTOS! Man, you're so good at getting pics of your lil guy. He's so stinkin cute, aw man. Is it weird to say that he looks a little bit like Jet? You're BEAutiful...how do you get your hair to curl like that? So lustrous!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh he is so cute. He makes the best faces- Love the tipping the hate pic, and the last one of his hand under his face, and i LOVE the one of him in your coat- so funny. You are so pretty in all teh pics- I love your hair. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a holiday at teh church like the Lewises- I'm glad it turned out good! love you!

Jenni Call said...

What fun! All that family love looked amazing. Mia and Phillip wore that same onesie for their first Turkey days! He he. Everett is such a handsome little boy.

Jenni said...

how come every time I read your blog, I cry? I think it's because your baby is just the sweetest thing that he warms my heart up and brings me happy years!!! I love the pictures and I am so glad everything was fun and safe!

Love you!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

hehe! love this whole post. Especially the kiddos though. And I didn't even take one of me and Sadie, so thanks for the one photo. Or, you're welcome I should say. lol! Glad you guys made it here and back safely!