Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Seven months and a Valentiney Robot


Everett is 7 months old. Why does 7 months sound so much older than six months? I don't like it. Okay, I like some of it, but I don't like him growing up so fast. John doesn't let us talk about it, he says he's practically graduated high school and moved out. Oh brother.
At seven months, Everett...
-still snuggles! In the morning when he's in bed with me, sometimes I wake up to his soft hands petting my back, like he's gently waking me up to feed him. it's tender.
-he's LOUD! he yells and screams at the top of his lungs, not becasue he's mad or anything, but becasue he discovered that he can! LOL, it's pretty funny, I'll hear a shrill scream, and rush to him, but he looks up at me like, what? nothing to see here...he sings along at church...he is loud! It makes everyone laugh
-likes to chew everything, and his front bottom teeth are close to coming in
-likes to look at/be read to/ eat and chew books. He especially likes "five little monkeys", he kicks his feet in excitement when I read it to him
-LOVES when Daddy comes home, when he sees John, he laughs in anticipation of what Daddy will do to make him laugh
-eats cheerios and little finger puffs, and he's getting really good at eating them all, and using his thumb and forefinger to pick them up
-HATES being put on his tummy, I wonder if he'll ever crawl. He throws a pretty stellar tantrum about it.
-Will smile at anyone who will talk to him, I hope he doesn't ever get scared to strangers, I like that he can go to anyone, and be happy
-loves music, on the radio or us singing to him, he loves it
-hair is growing! he's getting a mullet in the back, lol, and he has these cute little curls behind his ear, I'm hoping and dreaming he will have hair like William's, super curly and cute!

And...I love being a mom. who wouldn't? Have you seen this face?
This is the Robot Valentine onesie I made him. I cut out the grey and green with my cricut, (Birthday Party Cartridge) I love how the little dial was already pointing to his heart area, so when I put a heart there, it was just right. I printed out the words onto print n press transfer sheets (You print out in color in mirror image, then when you iron it down it's just right) but it looks kind of green ironed down, I printed it in grey, oh well, it still goes :) I stitched around the outside, but I was too lazy to stitch the circles and eyes and mouth and dial, so I really hope they don't come up in the wash! I zig-zagged the heart, it's cute.
By the way, when I showed it to John he said "Um, is this for our future daughter?" no honey, why? It is not girly, the heart is for Valentine's! "Oh, okay, cool, well after valentines could we take it off and put like, a skull there or something?" PAh-leese. I would not put this on a girl, it's totally boy-ish! Do you have my back on that? Please validate me.
You really should click on this collage to make it bigger, so many freaking cute faces!!!


No, I didn't pose him, at all, he just naturally put his hand up there, and looked at me, it cracked me up!
So, anyway um, Happy Valentine's!!!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

such a cute boy. Seriously. Love that he poses like a model too! Cute onesie too! It's crazy how early on they totally become their own little personality. I love that he is so loud and sings loud and stuff! So precious. Hopefully one day I can see him in person! Love you!

Dianne Weeks said...

Hi Courtenay! This is my first time visiting your blog and it was so fun! Such cute, cute pictures of Everett--Mr. Personality Plus! Do you take them all yourself? They look very professional :) He is really such a beautiful little boy! Thanks for always sharing him with all of us in YW. Love you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Cutest onesie and CUTESt baby!!! I love him! I would love to be his mom, you are so lucky! Can't wait to watch him on Saturday!! Love you!

Jenni said...

I cannot WAAAIIIIITTTT to see him this weekend. He's coming down here right?! And seriously, 7 months? I'm with you, that seems older than 6 months. He looks bigger! Those pictures are absolutely precious and his onesie is COMPLETELY boyish!!!!

Jenni Call said...

That is one handsome kid! He just gets cuter and cuter. I want some video of him talking! Stat! Love his onesie. Will you buy me a cricut? J/K. Stinkin' adorable.