I'm going to arizona this weekend, well for a whole week, it's all I wanted for my birthday, so I'm going to visit Nate and Amy and William and Lily and Oliver!!! And Steph and Jarom and Mom and Dad are meeting us there!!! (Well Steph and Jarom are driving with us)
I am SOOOO excited!!!
This skirt started as a "Hmm, The ties I'm making are so cute, I should make matchy ones for William and Ollie!" Then I thought, "I should do a skirt for Lily too, so she won't feel left out" All matchy matchy. So here I am with a frilly "fancy" ruffly and super fun skirt (that I wish I had made in my own size!) for Lily, and no ties...yet. But they will be out of the same fabric. CAYUUUTE!!! I love it! Let's hope it fits her! We'll see this weekend and I'll be taking some darling photo's of them all matchy, can't WAIT! My own kids are doomed to be matchy all the time! :)
The fabric is from Hobby Lobby, it is always on sale, like permanently on sale, for 4.89 a yard or something! One yard was plenty for this skirt and 2 ties!
Added ball fringe that I found on an 18 yard bolt for TWO DOLLARS!!!! (at a discount store, that I LOVE)...(I'm selling the rest on Etsy for .50 a yard, which is a steal for this stuff...gotta support my habit somehow!)

Next project, CELEBRATE the BOY!!! YEAH!!!! Okay, Dana from MADE is my all time favorite blogger of all all all time. Really. I adore her bold simple style. Well, she and "made my Rae" had been saying they were going to do another Celebrate the boy this february. I was SO excited, I would think about it all the time, looking forward to it, saving up[ TONS of fabric expressly for this month...
Wel, Feb 1st rolls around, and the night before I am ancy, wondering what project I'll be doing the next day with Celebrate the boy. Everett was up at 5:30 for his breakfast, and I was so excited after I fed him, I was up on the computer waiting for the festivities to be posted/begin...I know, I'm kinda lame...
Well, Rae posted something about Valentines, and Dana posted about being sick and a trip with her kids or something...WHAT?! I commented on Dana's (MADE) blog and asked WHERE THE HECK IS THE BOY STUFF?!?!!? and also, I hope you're feeling better...
Well, she commented on MY LOWLY LITTLE FAMILY BLOG and said it would start the day after Valentines. Oh. Okay. I'll stop freaking out.
So, the first project for Celebrate the boy, is the basic Kids pants, she teaches you how to make a pattern form an existing pair, and make you own pants! It works for any size, even adults!
So this is my first project: Basic Loungey Springy boy pants.
I love putting my own labels on stuff, just like Dana does, I mentioned she's my idol right?
They are smidge long, but at the rate he's growing, I'm totally okay with it!
I made these blocks a long time ago, they match his banner and bedroom decor :) They spell out different things :)
I'm, hoping to keep up with the projects on Celebrate the boy, so stay tuned. (And no, this isn't turning into one of those fancy crafter blogs, just a few projects I wanna share :)

5 comments:
That is sooooo funny! I made the same pants (different fabric) yesterday too. I heart Dana so much! She inspired the bistro awning on Mia's playhouse. Love the skirt too! I just got some new to me fabric that will make a delicious skirt or shirt.
I love celebrate the boy! I've been waiting for it also!
I really need you to get me some hobby lobby fabric. Yeah? I'll pay ya back! please? lol I love the pants and skirt! Dana is my idol too-she comments every so often and I get all star struck! hehe
Daaaaaang girl you gots skills! That skirt is so cute! She is going to look adorable in it! That trip sounds like a total blast and I hope you guys have so much fun! Everett is rockin those pants just like he rocks everything. I can't believe how big he is getting! SO CUTE!
SOooooooo cute!
Post a Comment