Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cake Smasher

Due to the medical emergency on the 4th (Jarom's Seizure) we didn't get a chance to have Everett's birthday Party till this last Sunday. We gathered and James And Meikka's and had a delish spaghetti dinner, and then eating cake and opening presents!
Handsome Messy Face, he LOOOOVED eating the cake, I didn't get any good pics of him laughing, but he was laughing and giggling at the texture of the frosting and cake in his fingers, and he would take a bite and laugh some more, it was awesome!
He got some bath toys, and Thomas the Train toys from Grandma and Grandpa Lance, he is destined to LOVE thomas the train, every little lance boy does! :)
See how happy?!
So the cake wasn't anything fancy...at all, kind of lame-ish, but he didn't care one bit! He liked being the center of attention and everybody singing to him!

One bite, two bites, he needed absolutely no encouragement to dig in, I have seen many one year olds timid about digging in to the cake but he wasn't at all, he knew just what to do, and like I said, he absolutely loved it, he laughed and kept digging!


how much of this can I fit into my mouth at once?

I know how to share...
Lia getting in on the goodness too!
At one point he was so excited he had fists full of cake and his hands were flapping and he was kicking and laughing, just so excited, he just flung cake in every direction. It was awesome.

So happy birthday little man, we sure do love you!

9 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Ohhhhhhh that's so cute!! what a perfect little birthday boy!!! I love that he dug right in to that cake!! I wish we could have been there!! He's the cutest, EVER! I miss him realllllll bad!!!! :( Love you guys!!!

Jenni said...

hahahaha court those are so adorable!!!! He looks so cute! And I think the cake is great and cute!! Thanks for sharing!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to that sweet little boy! I'm so glad he loved his cake, that's the cutest.

Why do babies have to grow up? It's so rude.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Soooooooooooooooooo cute! I love his little birthday hat! So cute! How fun. I'm so excited to have my baby and start my family! And have i mentioned what a cute boy you have? he is soooo cute.

Jenni Call said...

What fun! He definitely looks like he enjoyed that cake. Happy first birthday little man.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

ahh, so cute! I wish my kids would do that! Maybe the next one... Happy Birthday Everett!

Danielle said...

Hey question- hopefully these comments go to your email cause you know...this is kinda an old post. Anyway- have you bought or made a gluten free pizza crust that actually tastes good? I have tried a couple and they are GROSS! Any luck? Let me know. Thanks!

Carol and Bruce said...

Looks like a fun party and what a cutie he is and growing up too fast. Happy belated birthday to our cute little cake smasher, we love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

you doing ok? you haven't blogged for a long time. Sometimes that's a sign of things not going to well? Just making sure you're ok. Hopefully it's because you're just really busy. love you