So in preparation I have been shopping (mostly for John...he has NO clothes, the few that he does have are packed away to who knows where in our storage unit, we didn't think he would need summer clothes in between now and when he comes home) I had a bast shopping for him, and finding killer deals at the end of the season! AND I happened to get myself a few items as well. :) So I have his suitcase all packed, and I am just waiting on some laundry to finish mine. It's just that I am SO excited! To anyone who knows me will recall how I planned out my school outfits weeks in advance, and loved it so much that I also planned out my sisters too (I know I am such a dork!) and before family trips Steph and Scooter and I would SLEEP in the van, because we were so excited, or clean out the car in preparation for a family trip...anyway the preparation is all part of the trip in my oppinion.
So today I went to JoAnnes to look for some fabric to make table squares for stephs wedding, which I didn't find. BUT while perusing the fabric I happened across this ADORABLE corduroy...it spoke to me. I have no other way to put it, I just knew i had to have it. I didn't know WHAT for (Which is a VERY bad sign..I should NEVER buy craft stuff that I don't know what I'm going to do with yet!) I couldn't resist it, PLUS it was 40% off...it was still more than I usually pay fro fabric, but who could blame me..it spoke to me. So I bought it, along with another coordinating eyelet fabric, that was also on sale. When I got home I decided it would make a GREAT beach bag...so this is how it turned out... :)

I loved the fabric so much and i wanted to use up the scraps, so I made myself a matching makeup bag...I been wanting to get a new one anyway but hadn't found one I loved...this one I do!
The back
I lined it with the teal eyelet
I'm still missing a button, I have one in mind I just don't have all my craft stuff out...
Anyway, lots of fun craftin and getting ready to go...anyone who has been to Hawaii, tell me the best parts and things I just cannot miss! And if you haven't been...tell me what you think will eb the COOLEST...
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
The back
I lined it with the teal eyelet
I'm still missing a button, I have one in mind I just don't have all my craft stuff out...
Anyway, lots of fun craftin and getting ready to go...anyone who has been to Hawaii, tell me the best parts and things I just cannot miss! And if you haven't been...tell me what you think will eb the COOLEST...
LOVE YOU ALL!!!


10 comments:
Well, if you are spending any time on Oahu at all, you HAVE to hit up Motsumotos shave ice every day. Haunama Bay for snorkeling (but for some reason I think they are closed on Tuesdays. Or maybe it's Mondays.) GORGEOUS! Kailua (most gorgeous beach EVER and awesome kayaking), and of course the temple and PCC. You'll have such a blast, I'm so happy for you guys.
Um, your bag rocks. Sell those babies on etsy girl!
awesome job on the bag Court! That fabric is super cute...I think I would have bought it too! Make sure you go snorkeling in Hawaii (of course) and if you get to Maui make sure you get some Hula Cookies! oh yum. They're near the aquarium...which islands are you going to? Anyways...enjoy the sun...I'm sure it will be nicer weather than when we went last year. lol. Most of all, enjoy being with John! ;-)
WELL- HELLO craftswoman! You are so cute and I am just LOVING those bags! So cute! I'm so excited for you to go to Hawaii! Have fun! We will all be expecting precious pictures at the end of the trip:) Love ya!
that fabric is awesome! I can't believe you just whipped up those bags! Adorable!!! Purses drive me crazy cuz the lining....ugh! I'm always paranoid I made the hole too small to turn everything right side out. And hawaii!!!
By the way, I never thought about getting ready to be a part of the trip, that's a good way to look at it. : )
Soo fun you will have a blast and the best part is being with Jon. Great idea for the fabric. LOVE IT! I wish we'd been able to get together before you left =( Now we're in NY and you're in Hawaii!
Wow, haven't checked your blog in forever, I'm hoping as I keep reading I find out why you're going to Hawaii?! Just for fun, or is that where he's stationed?!! OK- so first of all I love your bags! They are so so so so cute!!!! You are so creative! Man, everythign you make looks so good! You are just so gifted with putting colors and accesorizing, you think of the details. OK- Hawaii- so Mike and I went to Hawaii for our Honeymoon. Our MOST favorite part was surfing. OH MY GOSH. SO FUN. So we paid for lessons, which if you're going to surf, pay for lessons. It's pointless to do it by yourself, you look- and think, "I can do that." But you can't. You need someone to teach you and guide you. It is so fun. And they promise that you will get up and surf or your money back, and I got up on my first try, and it was like the best feeling in the world! So fun! So you have to surf, and pay for the lessons, they were expensive, I don't remember if it was 50 each or total. The other favortie thing was eating breakfast, (so eat breakfast there!) their buffets are filled with fruit galore, and it's so yummy, nothing like here. Oh my gsoh- I'm such a dork! I just realized, you wrote this like a week ago! HA- so you've already been there and are probably half way through your trip- oh well- I love you! I hope you had a blast!
Court,
I am so excited for you. I know how it feels. It doesn't seem real. eanjoy every minute. You deserve it! Love ya!
awwwwwwwwwww you're so cute! i miss you tons. can't wait till u visit again. have a BLAST on your trip!!!!!
are you home yet?
okaaay....so where are the Hawaii pics? I know you're probably too busy kissing your husband, but come on! We want pics! hehe! :-D
Post a Comment