So, what have we been up to, the readers digest version...
-House Hunting...we were looking for a house (HOORAY!) went to see a ton of them, and fell in love with one, made an offer, didn't get it (BOO!) so we decided to stay put in Lane and Debbie's house, get out of debt, and enjoy our ward some more (John was called to be Young Men's pres the week after Everett was born, and i LOVE serving in Young Women's) So we've still got our eye on the market, but likely won't be buying a house till next summer
-Cooking, yep I've been making dinner every night...I haven't done this on a regular basis since we've been married, it feels good to plan, shop for, and make delish and nutritious foods that we both love!
-Cleaning, I feel a major sense of accomplishment that my bed is made every day. Laundry is washed, folded and put away on a daily basis, and the kitchen is clean daily, the bathrooms get cleaned once a week, along with the vacuuming and scrubbing the kitchen floor once a week.
-Crafting, just finished making a swaddler/sleeper for Everett...it's really cute, I will show pics later :) Also some blankets in the works for him, and some really handsome outfits :) AND I'm working on a Halloween costume for him, I would let it be a surprise when I have pics of him in it, but I can't keep it in...he's going to be a garden gnome! LOL...can't wait, I giggle every time I think about it! I'm also getting myself pumped for a scrapbooking marathon. I am more behind than I care to admit, aren't we all??? (Wait no, not all of us, my mom is SO on top of everything, she's always caught up!)
-LOVING our baby...he is this seriously giddy stage right now, he smiles so much! A couple times he gets so excited he almost laughs, but it's more of a squeal, it's really funny because he can't seem to smile and hold his head up at the sane time, so he gets all wobbly, and looks super bashful...ahhh, he is SO cute! Still sleeps through the night, hates tummy time, loves bath time, is SO happy in the mornings, and is growing like a weed!
-Visiting family, we visited Jenni and Justin in Nebraska with James and Meikka over labor day, and Steph and I (and the baby) drove down to Ariziona to visit Nate and his family, (My mom and Dad were also visiting them, it was a surprise to them that we came, we hid in the bedroom, and left the baby out in the living room asleep so when they came in, they just saw Everett hanging out, it was a fun surprise!)
-Camping!! We've been camping! LOVE it! Everett is a great sleeper, and it's so nice to get up to the canyon, we went with Jarom and Steph a couple weekends ago, and last night we went by ourselves :) We're also going camping to southern Utah for our Anniversary :) I loooove camping!
Welp. That's about it. That's the update. I honestly feel a load off my shoulders...

5 comments:
What a wonderful life! So busy and homey. I am so sorry to hear the home offer fell through. That is a true let down. Can't wait for some Courtenay crafting inspiration. Phillip was going to be a garden gnome too, until I found out that Mia's costume (from the Amman, Jordan Halloween bash) fits him perfectly. So he will be a monkey. Love you!
Sorry about the house-but it's good to save money-that's what we did. :) I can't wait to see his Halloween costume-I saw that idea in a magazine and thought it was soo cute!
Such a fun up date Court, I'm glad you got around to it. Sounds like the perfect life to me, what could be better? SO happy for you guys!
Oregon should be your next trip though, right?
hahah- that's funny when you said I feel like I have a load off my shoudlers. I feel the same way about cleaning and cookiing- now that I'm healthy and if I'm on a break from school-(like this last month)then I feel so accomplished and happy from folding laundry and cooking! TOTAL housewife! It's funny how these things can make us feel so good. Oh man, I can't wait to see him in that garden knome outfit- so hilarious. I can't believe you have been doing all this activity and traveling right after having a baby! yowsa! You must be feeling great, so that is good. That is so cute what you did with your family- putting everett out in teh room to surprise your fam. love you!= oh and sorry about teh house- that's dissapointing, but atleast you will save mroe money and get more out of debt, stilla bummer though.
Love the update! Tell Everett he needs to come and teach AdLee how to sleep at night! :)
Post a Comment