Tuesday, October 4, 2011

14 months

At 14 months old, Everett loves to snuggle! It the sweetest thing, he started throwing himself onto me or John when we get him out of bed in the morning, thrusting his entire body onto our chest and saying Awe, awe, awe in the cutest little voice, then his soft little hands would stroke our arms, and pat our backs, or sides, whatever. Melt me. Then he started doing it, not just at morning snuggle time, but all the time. And he snuggles his giraffe and frog stuffed animals. Its sooooo sweet! He just snuggles it and says "Awe" and repeats it. He also gives kisses all the time and prefers to be held rather than cruise in a shopping cart :)
This styling little man also picked up dancing! He likes to shake it! He loves music, it puts him in an instant good mood, and he dances soooo cute! He puts one hand up like he's riding a bucking bronco, sometimes he lifts his booty up to shake it to the beat, sometimes he moves both arms side to side, I call that one the washing machine, and sometimes it's just his head cocked to one side rockin the beat. It's hilarious.
He's the most fun to put to bed right now, no screaming (usually) he lies still while we tuck him in his blankets, he likes to have his giraffe in one hand, and his frog in the other, we read a book (John's favorite part) and have prayers. most times he just smiles up at us when we have to leave, which makes bed time last lots longer because we don't want to leave when he's being so cute! He also likes to have a book in his hands to look at {yes with the lights off} as he falls asleep. He lays there coo-ing and babbling to himself, sometimes for 20 more minutes after we put him down. LOVE IT!
He loves outside, loves other kids, we got called to be nursery workers in our ward (because they had to make a FOURTH nursery, yeap, that's a lot of babies) Even though he's not old enough we take him with us and he LOVES IT!!! It's mostly Me teaching/playing/ with our nursery class, and John playing with Everett the whole time! LOL! We like it though :o)

I LOVE hanging out with this little monster everyday and feel so totally blessed be get to stay home with him!

4 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh I just love him!! I love all those things about him! He's such a fun little dude! Even when he screams and gets into things! :) I love every second I get to spend with him! I also LOOOOOOVE those family pics that Jenni took!! They are beautiful!!!

Jenni Call said...

He is soooo sweet and cute! Phillip loves to talk before going to sleep at nap time. This afternoon he talked for two hours. When I went to get him up I discovered the reason: he lugged up his hat basket into his bed and spent two hours trying on hats! What a silly kid. I can just see Everett's expressions as you both put him to bed.

Jill said...

He is so cute and getting so big.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that's a pretty cute boy you have there Courtenay! So cute.