We took Everett to the Hogle Zoo. It was hilarious! We have been working on animal sounds lately, and he LOOOOVES to look at books and point at the animals, and we say the sound the animal makes, only Everett only really knows what the lion says, and what the doggie says. So to every animal at the Zoo, Everett did his sound for lion, a growl/grunt...it was pretty cute, he even growled at the peacocks and turkeys running around. Some of the animals he would growl and also say awe, he really liked the monkeys!
This little fella is what John was pointing at in the picture above, Everett thought it was pretty funny, so did we! Look at that lazy sun bathing monkey! LOL!
The Elephants were one of my favorites by far, there is a baby Elephant there, Zuri, it was SOOO cute to watch her follow her mom around.
I took a video of Everett Dancing near the elephant to the african music, there were some darling little girls dancing there too, he was entertaining everyone who walked by! LOL! I'll try to upload it soon~
The giraffes were awesome! One of them kept sticking it's LONG PURPLE tongue out, I could have watched that dumb trick all day!!!
Sleeping Tigers. This was awesome. I haven't ever been this close t Tigers before, I have seen them at this Zoo and other Zoo's before, but they are usually hiding behind a rock and you can see their striped tail or something, there were 4 of them all snuggled up together taking a cat nap! It was sooo cool! Everett seemed to sense that they were dangerous though, he didn't want to look at them this close for too long.
Can't go to the zoo without taking a picture of the lion eating you as you take a drink...right? Am I the only one?
And this little guy had so much fun (his awesome hair was to cool him off, he looks like a mangy lion himself! John let him stand up in the stroller, which he loved, but about gave me a heart attack every couple seconds, I get soo nervous that he's just going to fall out or something! John says I need to relax...hahha...
It was such a fun day! Earlier that day we went shopping a couple places (REI, John's favorite, and I bought a cute sweater from Fred Meyer) and we had a picnic at This is the Place monument, we went to the zoo, Jana watched Everett so we could go on a date, and we went to Tepanyaki steak house, the place where they cook your food all fancy in front of you at your table, and flip shrimp into your mouth! Then we went shopping, something John never likes to do, but I LOOOVED having him help me pick things out, tell me what he thought was cute etc, it was fun!
I never would've guessed that Everett would have had so much fun at the zoo! You know how sometimes parents take their babies to do things that the babies probably don't care about yet like Disneyland or something, I thought it might be like that, but it wasn't at all, he LOVED all of it! Even the bird show!

3 comments:
OH my gosh PRECIOUS! I bet he LOVED IT! He's never seen such awesome LIVE animals! We took Erica to the zoo this summer and she was totally the same way. She loved it! And you look adorable in that hat!
The zoo is so fun! You should take him there for the Halloween night. He can wear his costume and enjoy the animals! Makes for some fun photos.
Yay! This is the zoo I grew up going to! Those water fountain pics really took me back.
I agree. Babies at the zoo is the best. Everett is ADORABLE, btw!
Post a Comment