Friday, June 11, 2010

Baby Shower


WARNING: PHOTO OVERLOAD
Don't say I didn't warn you....enjoy!

So I had 2 baby showers, on the same day. One was with the ladies in my ward, and one was for my students!!! I'm not gonna lie, the one with my students was my favorite! It was so fun....take a look at the pictures...see for yourself! :)

One of my Young Women, McCall, is a Fantastically talented photographer, she just graduated from high school, and she already has a great business going! She took all these photos and edited them for me! Thanks McCall! (Check her out on Facebook: McCall Parrish)


Made this adorable banner, and I LOVE the colors, these are the colors I am using for his room :) CUTE!!!
The decorations :)
My little girls are like shadows, if I moved seats, they would all move to where I was sitting, and they ALL wanted to feel my belly!
LOL...my profile here is so funny!
Did you notice the martha tissue pom-poms??? Thanks Steph!

The boys....there were about 25 kids who came, and 5 of them were boys :) They are so cute! (The shirts they are wearing are our class t-shirts, I had them made..they have everyone's self portrait printed on them, we wear them every friday:)




Opening gifts, reading cards, trying to give everyone my undivided attention :)

Please ignore triple-chinny-face, notice the many pairs of hands on the belly...this was after I said "ooh, I think he's kicking me!"

Lot's of baby fun goodies :)

HUGS...can never have too many of these!!!
Is this not the CUTEST bunch of happy little girls, i LOVE these girlies!!!

John, he put it all together for/with me :) Such a prince!

I told my students that all I wanted was some advice on how to be a good mom, and i had them write it on a card and pin it up on the line...they were so cute! Some were practical, some were hysterical, one little girl said "If you want your kid to be a good kid, listen to him, teach him how to pray, and to always do the right things" ...too cute right??? And one boy wrote: "If you want to be the best mom in the world, give your kid lots of candy and video games...that's it." LOL....love it! I'm going to put them in the baby book :)


We played a baby food feeding game, it was so funny! I paired up students with their parents, and I had mom's sit down with their hands behind their backs, and the students behind them blindfolded, and feed their parents vanilla pudding with a baby spoon...LOL!!! On a whim I picked up some poncho's at the dollar store...good thing I did too, there was pudding everywhere!!! Click on the photo, so you can see their faces up close :)

For refreshments we had a seriously stellar ice cream bar, it was a huge hit (for BOTH showers :)) DELISH!!!

The activity for the ward ladies shower was to make an ABC book for the baby, there were baggies of all the supplies needed separated by letter...they turned out adorable!

As a party favor for the kids, I had these licorice ropes tied with matchy polka-dot fabric and a really CUTE poem my mom wrote (THANKS MOM!) In case you can't read it, it says: "Little Boys make lots of noise with cars and trucks and tinker toys, cowboy ropes and paper planes, choo choo tracks and wooden trains"
Cute no? She wrote that because I needed something cutesy to go with licorice ropes, I mean ahem, cowboy ropes, the kids LOVED them!

For the ladies, they got a bag of 2 brownie chocolately cookies, and a cute poem on the back...
Anyway, it was SO fun, and like I said that night, I feel SO sufficiently showered!!!
And John and I will be eating left-over ice cream for a couple months...YESSSSS!!!!

7 comments:

Emily said...

too cute for words. Amazing photos, you look gorgeous and your kids are so cute!!!
Love you!!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

wow! what a fun party. I'm sad I couldn't be there...wish they would invent beaming already, like in star trek. ;) You are party planner extraordinaire!!

LeAnn said...

I love all the pictures!! It felt almost like being there! Your kids are so cute and I can tell that they adore you!!!

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness. Seriosuly? You definitely win best teacher of the year. it is SO OBVIOUS all your kids are OBSESSED with you! I loooove the pics of hte girls all around you. So precious. What a fun idea to have a shower for them! I love the decor, you look GREAT! So pretty. I'm so excited for this little babe to come out for the world to see!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

holy cow! How did you find the time to put all that together?!!! That looked like an amazing party, one that should be in a martha stewart magazine! You look so beauitful! I can't wait for you to have your baby! You are one hot pregnant lady! love you!

Aaron and JaNell said...

Looks like a blast! Great hubby of yours!

Unknown said...

What a fun shower! I bet those kids will remember it forever! They obviously adore you and will miss you so much! The pudding game sounds awesome! Loved all the pics - the decorations are adorable!