Tuesday, June 8, 2010

37 Weeks and Catching Up

Well, I have no rational excuse for disappearing from the blog front, other than exhaustion. I am tired! :) In the past six weeks since I last blogged, the rundown looks like this:
-teaching school
-sleeping
-resting my swollen feet
-trip to Las Vegas with family
-Baby shower
-Sleeping more
-Moving my classroom junk out
-watching season 3 of Burn Notice, a current obsession
-crafting a LOT for the baby:)
-ending a fantastic school year
-now resting more:)

So, it's not that I haven't had anything to blog about...I just haven't done it!

Here is my large belly, I can't believe how big it is, only 3 more weeks to go, and I'll get to meet our little man!

Stephanie took these pictures of me last Sunday...some friends gave me a gift certificate for maternity photo's from a really well known photographer in Salt Lake, but when I looked at the gallery online, I laughed out loud. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I don't see how posing naked, swaddled in some sheet or fancy fabric, laying down admiring your belly is appropriate, or naked just holding your boobs, or some other naked concoction to show the beauty of your belly. I couldn't bring myself to do it, I just couldn't! I can see maybe the bare belly, but the rest is just too much, I'll be using the gift certificate for when little man is out and a little older, maybe 6 months. (I have my wonderful SIL Jenny taking newborn photos already:)) SO, long story short, I did want to document my enormity, and I'm actually pleased with the way they turned out...it will be fun to have this documentation to look back on and show him a picture of me carrying him...at almost full term.








John sent me flowers. He's so dreamy. So, for those of you who don't know, John is at a military training right now, for three weeks, he left June 5, and he'll be back June 25th. I am Due July 1. :) Now he never would have gone without my blessing, and we both felt good about him going even though the baby is due so close to his return, and could come any day really. The doctor assured me at my last appointment I haven't even begun dilating, and often first babies come late more than early. Still I am prepared to give birth without him here if I have to, but I really don't feel like I will, I am totally calm about it, I just miss John. His training lasts three weeks, but I don't get to have any contact with him whatsoever...so that's tough especially if I do have the baby and he's gone, there's no way to contact him until he's done. But like I said, I really don't think the baby will come till he gets home. If you still think I'm crazy for letting him go, we decided it would be better to have him go now before the baby is here than have him leave in August when we have a six week old infant, and leave me alone then. ANYWAY, I'm really proud of him, and he totally sent me these gorgeous flowers, what a man!


So now that school is out, I am visiting Ben and Kris in Santaquinn for a week, and Amy and the kids are here visiting, then I'll have two weeks to get my craft on before baby comes, which is good, I have so much to do!!!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow- you look GORGEOUS in those photos! I love love LOVE the first one. You just look so great. I'm so excited for you. And I agree, it'd probably be better to have John there when the baby is OUT than when he is mostly still in your belly:) Love you lots! Can't wait to see all the crafties you do!

Emily said...

Seriously you are one hot momma, oh my goodness. Great pictures! So jealous of that beautiful river in the background...

That John sure is a catch! Hope he gets back just in time. I can't even tell you how bad I want to see your baby. Like...real bad.

Elise said...

You are so cute pregnant! Good Luck with your new baby boy when he comes. July 1st is a great day to be born. I would know :) You always get this great fire work show from everybody a couple days later becuase they love you so much ;)

Megan and Greg said...

You look way too good in those pictures. It's just ridiculous. No one can be that pregnant and that pretty still. Well, I guess maybe you :) Man, you are cutting it close with the delivery, I can't believe you could deliver and not even TALK to him for days! Crazy. But I would actually do the same thing.

Jenni Call said...

I agree abt the strange obsession with naked bellies and staring at said belly. I am glad you are waiting. Steph did an awesome job! You look amazing....as always. You are a strong lady to let John go so soon to delivery. I am grateful you have tons of family near by to commiserate with.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos - much better than the studio ones would have been! You look stunning! (Your dress is one of my favorite colors!). When U get back and are crafting, I'd love to visit to catch up. Let me know if you need anything!
Love ya,
Laura

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Courtenay, if you change your mind on those naked photos, I can always come over and do a shoot with you, I'll even give you a discount! ha- that is so hilarious, I cannot believe people would want to take a naked photo of themselves, how in the world did you find a place like that in Utah? Sounds so Eugenish. Courtenay, you look so gorgeous in those photos! You are so beautiful, and I'm so glad you took those photos! I would love to see a pic of my mom pregnant with me, but if there is, she's probably in the backround, nothign formal, I would love that. Wow, now contact with John for 3 weeks, that would kill me. You guys are really strong! And I think you guys totally made the right decision- have him around when the baby is out of your belly! So what is John doing? What is the career plan? I don't know what's going on there. Can't wait to see all the crafties, I don't know how you have the energy to do it all! I can't believe you got your masters, taught, and were pregnant all at the same time! yowsa! i love you! and I hope i get to see the baby sooner than later! when's the next oregon visit you're going to make after baby? Ahhhhh next time I see you, you will have a baby! love you!