Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Diaper bag, onesies, and John

OKay first of all...JOHN CAME HOME EARLY!!!!! YEAH!!! I am so excited! Now this baby can come any time...so go right ahead and switch the prayers you were sending my way to please let us meet our baby soon!

Okay secondly, I have been having a blast crafting up a storm. A friend is having a baby girl, so I got to indulge in some girly things that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to... so that's why some of these are girly...if they aren't, then they are for our baby :)
LOL...okay it's like iPod...only iPood...ha ha ha ha ha...not my original idea, but I love it!!! I also learned to freezer paper stencil and fabric paint, LOVE it, so easy peasy, and fast!
Another freezer paper stencil, love these whimsical birdies, don't you???
I have a thing for elephants....
HEY did I mention I got all these onesies on clearance at Walmart for $1.50??? LOVE it!
Oh man, this has to be the favorite, who doesn't LOVE a ruffle bum??? It was very easy too, if you can't tell, there are tiny pink hearts on the onesie...too cute!
Okay, I LOVE this image. Also, I learned something SO cool about the fabric paint I used. It was my first time, so when I bought it at JoAnnes, I just grabbed the only white one I saw. When I got home I noticed it said "Velveteen finish" on the bottle. WTH...I just wanted normal! BUT I wasn't about to take it back right away, plus I was anxious to try out freezer paper stenciling for the first time, so I used it anyway. It went on totally normal, dried totally normal, then I read the directions, and it said "to give it the velveteen finish, put your iron on "steam" and hold 1/2 inch above painted surface, and it will "Puff up"...so I gave it a shot. IT IS SO COOL!!! It turned it totally THICK, and kind of SOFT, and really bold, can you see how it looks embossed or something? I love it! What a happy accident! Try it, you won't regret it! The only thing is, it kind of gets ripple-ie...but I think with a chubby baby wearing it, that won't be an issue :)
This tree is just Applique, I wish I could take credit for the design, but I kinda copied it off of one I saw on Etsy...I like mine better though :)
Okay, now THIS, is my diaper bag. I wanted to make one that didn't look like...um, how do I say this...well, I didn't like any at the stores because they all LOOKED like a diaper bag! I wanted one that would double as a purse and be super stylish....
I used a simplicity pattern, but modified it quite a bit, make it much wider, added ALL the pockets, etc....
I have to say I am really proud of myself, I don't do that well following patterns, but I did it, AND I didn't have to fix any mistakes I made. It took a LONG time, so I hope I never have to make another one again...but I am so tickled with how it turned out!













Welp, there it is, all of my labors the past few days. I'm on a roll though, so stay tuned!

12 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh Court- I LOVE THAT DIAPER BAG! It's like it's perfect! I want one when I have a baby!!! You did an AMAZING JOB! I loooove all the onsies! It's funny cause when you said freezer paper stenciling I was like- WHAT?! That doesn't look like all the ones I've seen...but I LOVE Your look way better. It looks like it came from the store. You did awesome! I can't wait to see the little tyke!

**the muirs** said...

That "iPOOD" onesie made me laugh out loud! You are so talented Court!

Jenni said...

HOW DO YOU DO IT!??! You are going to give birth any day and here you are making the most adorable crafts in town! that diaper bag is seriously fabulous! You could make money off those! I'm really impressed!

I'm SO SO SO happy for you that John got to come home, what a relief!!! No let's see the baby!!!

Lynette said...

You totally AMAZE me!!! The diaper bag is the coolest thing ever. And I've totally got to get me a onesie that says ipood! You'll have to teach me how.

Emily said...

LOVE THE BAG, you are amazing!!! Nesting has most definitely kicked in!

YAY FOR JOHN COMING HOME!!!!!!! I'm so glad that you don't have to worry about that anymore and that they baby can come anytime no matter what.

I'm starting to think that I might need to make a trip to Utah to meet this fellow. I'm so excited for you!

LeAnn said...

Good Job on the bag! And the onesies are so cute! I am so glad John is back safe and sound! Love you.

the splendid life of us... said...

Super cute Court! LOVE the bag! I might have to try the freezer paper stencling. I just did some applique onesies and it was hard to sew around the edges although I really liked how they came out. Great job! Oh I can't wait to see the little guy!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

everything was so cute and I love that diaper bag! So amazing. I love that iPOOD. So funny. I'm so glad John came home- what wonderful news! lvoe you!

Mel D said...

I love the onesies! I might have to steal the tree and deer designs. Too cute! I have a small stack of baby tees and onesies that are waiting to be appliqued but I have been having a hard time deciding what I want to do with them.

You have the cutest diaper bag ever Court!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

awesome crafting, girl! I love that bag-wow! amazing. The onesies are adorable too!! of course. Glad John came home early, good luck with labor! Can't wait to see your little boys cute face!

Aaron and JaNell said...

I cease to be amazed at how stinking crafty you are! I say you are all ready to go. Bring on baby!

Kim said...

I love everything! Your bag came out so adorable! And I laughed at the "pregnancy bling". I seriously had the same ring for my first three pregnancies because of swelling. Luckily, my last pregnancy I didn't swell at all and could wear my real ring! :o)