So, there are a TON of photos from Christmas, even after I pared it down to just my favey-fave-favorites, so I'm splitting it up into 2 posts :) This post is about all the traditions that I LOVE about Christmas! They ended up in backwards order...not gonna fix it though
Christmas Jammies Tradition, most families I know of have this tradition, I love it. I love snuggling into the covers on Christmas Eve in brand new Jammies, it feels super special. Growing up, my mom usually made our Pajamas, and to this day, my favorite jammies are the ones she has made me. Sometimes we would get nightgowns, Steph and I always matched, and I even remember getting doll jammies that matched ours, SO cool. I remember one Christmas we even got new pillows and pillowcases, with our NAMES embroidered on them (SO COOL!). I love this tradition. When I was in College, my mom asked if we (Steph and I) thought we still wanted Christmas pj's....um, hello! Are you kidding me? It isn't a question of want, it's a NEED! So now that I'm married, John shops for my Christmas Jammies, cute :) And you saw the Jammies I made for Everett,
(I sold three of them in my etsy shop, and on Christmas Eve when I was putting them on Everett, I thought, hey, there are three other sweet little babies out there who are wearing these extra special super adorable jammies for their Christmas Eve traditions tonight! How cool!
The Nativity Play
I adore this tradition. Even though we are grown ups now, we still act out the nativity. One year it was only me, scooter, and Steph, we each had to play like 3 parts, but it was awesome and we still did it! We read from Luke 2, and sing Christmas Hymns throughout the program.
We've been using the same costumes for a long time, mom's old robe, some graduation gowns, the same "gold, frankiseynse, and myrrh", the same Angel tinsel, and the same Manger basket. When mom was in charge of teh Creche, she made totally legit wiseman and shepherd robes, and we got these arabian head scarves from the middle east!


Good tidings of Great Joy! (I think I flubbed up my lines...doh!)
Joe's Beard was perfect...looks pretty good no? He shaved it on Christmas Day
Christmas Eve Dinner

5 comments:
OH I LOVED THIS POST! It made me so happy! I loved seeing the pics of you and your fam. ha- loved how everet was baby Jesus. LOVED your mom's leapord pj's, before I read your post and saw only the pics, I thought it was a bit surprising that she was wearing leopord pjs, ha. John plays the piano? I didn't know that. Andrew is so old and such a cutie! I know this sounds wierd, but I'm excited to see who he marries cause he's such a cutie! You look so beautiful in all the pics. Steph looks really cute too. The pj's were never a tradition we had and wished we did. It sounds so fun to get new pj's every year. That must be why you always had cute pj bottoms and I always had the random "people shorts", ugly old sweats and random t-shirts for bed. But I guess the "people shorts" were rather special. ha. You know what's funny that I was noticing in the pics? Your mom's style is TOTALLY my style- like the wood floor, her ktichen, paint colors, furniture, moulding etc. BUT- growing up- I never thought anything of it- ha. But now that I'm an adult, I appreciate it so much and LOVE her style. thanks for sharing the post- it was fun!
SO STINKIN CUTE! I love your family...I miss them! I love that you guys still act out the nativity. So fun.
Thanks for posting those pictures, We took Stepha nd Jarom to the Airport today and then I took down the Christmas tree---I needed some fun pictures to cheer me up!
love you!!!
Awwwww! So fun! I love your traditions! Our family's are almost the same. Justin brought some fun new traditions like balloons in the tree and sausage on Christmas morning. My favorite family tradition would have to be the nelves! Nhoj is an excellent nelf.
Totally love this! I don't know why but I'm totally in love with how beautiful the table settings are for your dinner! Your nativity costumes have seriously become legit! You all look great. I love Christmas traditions and I love that a lot of mine involve you guys :) I am so sad that I missed out this year, but I am so happy you guys had so much fun! And all your new pj's look excellent!
Post a Comment