Okay, first things first folks, this boy is SO MUCH FUN!!! He says "Mama"...still not convinced he knows it's me, but it is fun that he says it, and he says it all the time, in Sacrament meeting, at the grocery store, when he's in his crib ready to get up, when John is playing with him, all the time. It's so cute...speaking of John, everyday when John comes home from work, he plays the piano for a couple minutes to sort of wind down. And Every day he plops Everett in his Bumbo right next to him on the piano bench. Everett LOVES this time with Daddy, he plunks on the keys with John and they sort of have a fun duet. Every Day...mmmm, I love it.

Okay, on to fabric organization! My friend Amy showed me this idea for organizing your fabrics, she uses comic strip board to do this, and it is awesome. I was looking for a good way to store my own fabric stash, they were in clear bins, sorted by color, but it was a pain to get into them, to see what I had, and they were stacked on top of eachother, and just hard ot get into. I searched online after my convo with Amy, and found these beauties, ahhh, so pretty! Your Fabric can look like a FABRIC STORE!!! Then I see the price, PAHLEESE! $1.60 to store ONE piece of fabric, that half the time I didn't even spend $1.60 on??? not going to happen, so I looked for a similar solution, because I was dreaming of my pretty fabric all lined up on a shelf where I could see and admire it every day, and be inspired and everything! Some crafters use cardboard, like thick chipboard that comes with your scrapbook paper. SO I raided my mom's stash of cardboard and tried it out, beautiful! But I quickly ran out, so long story short, I bought peices of white foam core poster board at the dollar store and cut it with my rotary cutter, and VOILA! Fabric storage that is PRETTY, and EASY and CHEAP!!! I don't have the little tabs like these fancy ones do, but once your fabric is wound once around, it doesn't matter!

LOOKIT HOW PRETTY!!!!!
I love passing by this beautiful display :) So, the foam core poster board from the dollar store is 20"X30". I can get 4 big cards out of one piece, making them .25 cents. I cut them to be 14X10 inches, like the ones you can buy, because when you fold your fabric selvage to selvage and then once again, it fits beautifully. Well, that was great for my yardage fabrics, anything that was 3/4 yard or more went on one of these big ones. Then I had a bunch of smaller pieces, too big to be scraps, and too small to stretch on one of the big boards, so I made boards that were 6"X9" and I can get 10 out of one piece of foam core. Anything that won't fit on one of these is in the scrap basket. I can't tell you how happy I am about this, all my fabric goodies at my finger tips!
I'm using this hutch right now, because I lack the shelving needed in my craft space, wouldn't this hutch look AMAZING painted like a creamy white, antiqued and painted teal in the inside?! Someday!!!! The shelf on the bottom is for my green and blue totes, still working on those
Yummy fabric sorted by color:)
It makes me SO very happy!

This shelf is new, got it on KSL, I wanted to have a place in the laundry/craft room where the ironing board could stay up all the time, there used to be a table in this space, but now it's open and I have more storage :)
Still a work in progress, notice I didn't show you the messy table and the rest of the craft/laundry room! BUT I will say, I put my table up on bed raisers, and now my table is counter height, SUCH a genius idea! My back doesn't ache at all anymore from cutting on the low table! YEAH! PLUS I have more storage underneath! Double bonus!
Couldn't stop at the fabric, I did my ribbons too, ahhh, aren't they happy?!
OKay, lastly, the shirts. I recently bought the "Give a hoot" cartridge for my cricut, and last night I couldn't sleep because i was thinking about cute things I could make with fabric with it. SO I got up and played around with it.
(The shirts I use are Pottery Barn Kids, the quality is unmatched. There is a clearance center here in Salt Lake where I buy all of these cuties, the downside is that they have all been embroidered with a name or monogram, so I have to cover that part up, but they looks so cute appliqued, who would ever guess? I get them for around $2, so for the quality, it's totally worth it!)
Happy little tree, this fabric was on clearance at a local quilt shop, and I thought it would look really cute as a tree, I was right, I mean right??

9 comments:
SO DREAMY!!!
Everette AND your crafty organization. Love it, lots of good ideas!
And your shirts are so cute!
Holy Smokes Court-- you are THE BOMB!!! Those really are so prety! I'm totally impressed, but not suprised that you made them look so good :)
I love that everettttt!! so much!!!
I love your fabric!! What a great idea. I think mine will continue to stay hidden behind cabinet doors. I loved the wine rack/yarn idea. So delicious and yummy. Just need to wait until the kids all grow out of that destroy everything stage. Sigh! I am drooling over his little fox shirt. Reminds of the racaoon I made for Phillip. Way too cute. You are amazing!!! Send that yarn on!
I LOVE teh onsies!!!!!! And I love ht organization!!!! LOVE IT. I might have to do that- can't right now because there is no room- but when we get a house- I think I will invest in something like that. and the hutch is darling- you need to paint that girl! thanks for sharing all your orgnazing tips! I will use them in the future! love you!
wow. i am seriously speechless. that fabric organization....is absolutely gorgeous. I AM going to copy. it looks amazing and should be on some design blog. it is awesome.
you said you cut it with a rotary cutter??? it cut through foam board?? you used your normal fabric rotary cutter? please tell me, because i really do want to do this.
and about the pictures...i do edit most pictures. if it's really ugly lighting inside or at night, then i leave as is. you just can't make that very pretty most of the time. but i edit in photoshop. at first i started in picasa. then i bought "actions" and braved photoshop.. Pioneer woman has some for free on her site. then i started doing my own editing. i probably edit too much and i'm trying to get better at shooting it right in the camera and editing less. obviously i'm still learning.
did you take the pictures of everette in front of the tree? those are awesome. really good. he's so cute.
xoxo lizzie
WOW- loooooooooooove this! I need to do it! Seriously- so amazing and beautiful and do you just feel so cool all the time?! Seriously! LOVE IT!
Just read Lizzie's comment- Ok- so she is beign REALLY humble. I saw her take pictures of Jake's family in 10 minutes. Go home- load them on her computer- and I saw them pre-edited. THEY LOOKED AMAZING. Lizzie is just straight up amazing at taking pictures- she is so good at playing with the light, capturing the moment- she is just really gifted! She is being modest!!!!!!!!!
my goodness, I don't even know where to start! i love the fabric storage! Mine's folded, but kinda thrown up on my shelves...yours is much, much prettier! and holy cute ribbons! and woodland creatures! and....everything else in this whole post! I wish we lived closer.
I love your fabric rainbow organizing! It looks fab in the cabinet! I'd look for excuses just to walk by and admire it often! I love the bit about John playing the piano with Everett on the bench with him. I used to do the same with my little sis Sally. The appliques on Everett's shirts are so adorable! Makes me wish my boys were little. Oh wait - maybe not.
Love ya!
Post a Comment