Sunday Morning I whipped up this DARLING little Tie for Everett, using this SUPER EASY tutorial from my new FAVORITE blogger. I love her style so much! I made this using the very last scraps of this yellow polka dot fabric, and I was very sad to see it go, and also, that's why the tie is so skinny...lol...it was so fast though, my favorite part about it is that is looks like it's really been tied. All of you ladies who have little boys should make up a big batch of these, they are SO easy and fast, and CUTE! We were getting compliments ALL day! **I did do one thing different than the tutorial which made more sense to me, so if you're going to make one, I'll tell you what I did different :)**
Ahh, another collage, I can't help myself when he is so cooperative during a photo shoot!
Next, I was inspired by some bloggers (like Jessica) who made some bags for their kids toys to go in. This was such a great idea because I needed to use up some cute fabrics
(Boy fabrics are really fun, but not likely to get used for apparel unless they are appliqued onto something, or pajamas, **(or a sunday tie)** but little girl fabric you can make skirts and dresses and accessories, so I have all this really cute boy fabric, and needed something useful to make)
I used some fabric that was either plain or not really my favorite anymore for the lining of these bags, so they are super sturdy. I didn't follow a tutorial, just did what made sense to me. I Like the two cinch ties, that make it easy for little hands, and they look cute. I made button holes for them and everything! I used some big weave, natural color fabric, I have no idea what it's called, to piece with the cute fabric so I could paint labels on the bags. I used my cricut to cut freezer paper stencils and fabric paint to paint the labels.
I'm having a lot of fun learning to take photo's of objects (rather than people). I just use a piece of white poster board and shoot next to a window in the morning, then I tweak them a bit in Picasa...I know, I need to learn photoshop...bad.
I bought Everett these cute wooden cars for Christmas at the Target one spot! I LOVE them! And this street signs fabric was such a cute match for his cars (Sorry buddy, I used green flowery fabric on the inside of your car tote...don't be mad)
**Side note: One of my favorite quilt shops, "Cornwagon Quilts" in Springville has this basket of fat eighths(9"x22"...I think) for a buck, I can't resist a little something like this for just a buck! I used the whole fat eighth on this bag, and I don't know of any other shops that sell fat eighths...do you?**
He also, got these puppets for Christmas, (From Costco), I love them, even if their eyes are creepy...
These color blocks, I thrifted last summer, cute!
Random toys (That brown dog was also from the Target one spot, but it was 2.50, it's a pull toy, and the jacob's ladder was .50 and the DI) Can you tell I really love wooden toys? They just feel so good, I love how smooth they are, the weight of them, the finish, I know Everett will want all the crazy action figures one day, the ones that gross me out, but for now he can play with these classic wooden toys thankyouverymuch :)
This print is my favorite one, cracks me right up! And I love the mustard yellow lining! Yum! These are another AMZING thrifted find! Found them at Value Village over Christmas, this HUGE lot of wood city blocks was 5 bucks, it has really cute little cars, boats, trees, and all the blocks have a building parts on the side, like windows, or a sign that says fire dept. They are SO fun!
I just went to Savers 99 cent day, scored big, no toys just really cute clothes for the boy. If you live near a Savers or Value Village, you gotta go every monday!!!

4 comments:
So cute! Love that tie, but honestly, the boy makes the tie over the top cute. LOL. Miss you all so much.
All so cute Court! The tie is adorable and look at that boy sporting it and his hair is combed!!!! So cute! You are amazing.
Super cute tie! Love it! And yoru pics look good! Way cute bags- what's freezer paper?
I LOVE the bags too-it's fun to use fabric you really can't use for much else on those, huh? and that boy fabric is oh so adorable! you make me want a boy!
Post a Comment