Sunday, May 1, 2011

ZION National Park Mini Christmas!!!

Mini Christmas is what we call when we all get together, because it's so fun, it's like Christmas! This mini-Christmas we got an awesome deal through "living social" for these ADORABLE cowboy cabins at Zion Ponderosa Resort at Zion National Park.
It was so. flipping. fun!!!!
We hiked the "emerald pools" and "weeping rock"


It was absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE that red rock and all the springtimey green!
We rode the shuttle bus all through the park, it was so nice, and COOL!!!!
We roasted hot dogs, and marshmallows (PS, have you seen the flat mallows meant for s'mores?! They are ah-mazing!!!) We actually just ate...and ate...and ate...all GOOD food, oodles of it!!

Aren't the cabins adorable!?
We were FREZZINg pretty much the whole time outside, the wind was quite frigid! But we bundled up, and spent a lot of time inside sharing stories and eating more treats! MMMMM!!! We also watched "The Fall of Sam Axe" movie about Burn Notice's sidekick to Michael Weston...it was awesome. Really. WE made friends with some Aussies, played some pranks, did I say ate good food? Hiked, drove around, I got some patches for souvenirs, we packed in a ton of fun in a weekend! We all wanted to stay up later and later but our bodies refused, we were beat. It's not easy having so much fun!


We went on the Zipline at the resort, we also enjoyed the hot tub (It was SO nice, even though it was fah-REEZING outside, the hot tub was so nice and toasty!


On our way home we went to Bryce Canyon National Park, we didn't have a ton of time, but we did get to partake of this stunning view of Bryce Peak.

How was your weekend?

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Looks super fun! That's so nice you guys can get together like that!

Aaron and JaNell said...

I am so jealous. I haven't been to either! Yep. Jealous. Looks like so much fun. However, I do believe Everett got ripped off since he didn't get to do the zip line.

Jenni Call said...

So. Much. FUN!!! Looks incredible!

LeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, I am a little bit jealous right now. I really love that you all love to be with each other!

Jenni said...

Well my weekend was nice but not nearly THAT NICE! That looks so fabulous! I'm just dying to go explore all these Utah places and you're giving me the motivation. Awesome pics! Love it!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

well, my weekend definitely wasn't as awesome as yours! but I'm thinking THIS coming weekend will be!! I can't wait!