Tuesday, August 3, 2010

One Month Already?

Woah...it's been a whole month since Everett was born. Woah. It's so weird to think that four short weeks ago he was inside me, and now he's here, in my arms, and yet I really can't imagine life without him. I really love being a mom. I love having a baby. He is so snuggly, I love when he falls asleep in my arms, and I could stay in bed all day and just look at him, and snuggle him. I am often tempted to because I know he won't always snuggle me how he does now. I do manage to get a few things done around the house, I keep up with the laundry, and...get ready to be impressed, I have only gone one day without a shower since he's been born! Pat on the back and a gold star for me :)
And this is the sweet face I get to stare at every day...


We took him to church for the first time this Sunday, we live in a ward where there aren't tons of kids, and only 2 other babies, who are both a little over a year, and our ward loves us, everyone wants to be honorary grandparents...it's pretty cute, and it was fun to show off our handsome man--hr looked So Dapper!

John bore his Testimony (He didn't think I could hear because I was in the Mothers Nursing room) about how Heavenly Father prepares us for things, but we can't know what it's like until we actually experience it ourselves. He said that becoming a parent is like when on "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," when the Grinch takes Christmas back to the Who's, his Heart grew ten times that day. He said the day Everett was born, his heart grew at least ten times. It was such a sweet and true statement. Of course it made me weepy...I love John. Anyway...



9 comments:

LeAnn said...

That me me cry a little bit---I love the first picture--he looks like he knows exactly what you are doing! I also love the last one with his toe pointed up!!
Love you all!!

Emily said...

That first picture (and all the other ones) are just pure torture. I didn't get to hold him nearly enough.

He is so so so so so so cute Court, love him!!

Jenni Call said...

He is super duper pooper cute. Love the tie shirt. So glad you are getting those teeth brushed every day and getting some you time. Boys are pretty snuggly in general so, yes, enjoy! Can't wait to see him. Looks like you had a good time at the parade and out in the woods. LOL

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh- he is so cute! it is so rare to have a baby that young be so cute already- but he has been so cute from day one! usually they are kind of wierd looking until they grow into themselves- but he is soooo gorgeous from day 1! and he just keeps getting cuter! Your mom must be dying! I LOVE his church outfit! so hilarious! and cute- I love the polyester pants- so cute. love it! oh yeah- and wow- good job on teh showering! VERY impressive!

Danielle said...

He is soooo adorable. I love all these pics. It is truly crazy how good looking he is at such a young age. I'm so happy you are loving being a mom!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

he is SOO cute! You guys are coming to the reception in Utah, right? I hope so! I want our kiddos to meet! and to see you! :D

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh my gosh I have been dying to see him!! I knew that he was going to grow so much from the time that I last saw him and so I have wanted to see him SO bad!! OH my gosh could he get any cuter? That made me cwy a wittle bit! I wish you guys could come to all the festivities this weekend! Love you!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Court, those pictues are just so precious. He is beautiful! I loved the one with the little tears in his eyes and the one with the tie, so cute. I'm so glad you are having fun. Keep posting!
love all you Lance people:)

Jenni said...

Seriously- 1 month already?? NUTS!! This must be going by so fast for you! Court- those onesies are SO adorable. Especially on that gorgeous baby.