Monday, January 16, 2012

Feeding the Ducks

we were blessed with some gorgeous weather in Oregon, so we took a few trips to Alton Baker Park to feed the ducks, something we knew Everett would absolutely love, and he did!



I have never seen such aggressive birds, usually the ducks in the water will swim over to you if they think you have something tasty, but these ducks attacked before we even got to the waters edge! We brought whole wheat and oats to feed them (they don't like people feeding the ducks bread anymore) and before mom could put it into John hand, they were snapping at her fingers too!
They climbed on top of one another to get to the treats, it was a FEEDING FRENZY, Everett thought it was hilarious, and John said it tickled having them all peck into the grain in his hand all at once.

The geese were at least as tall as Everett, but he didn't seem to think anything of it...I know that if I were surrounded by birds that were as tall as me, I would not be so chill...
At one point I started walking and leaving a trail of oats behind, that became quite a popluar game, and Everett soon joined in the fun

I had taken more photos of everyone there with my new video camera, but somehow wasn't able to retrieve them before I took the camera back. Boo. It was so fun though, and to take Everett to do something at home that I have so many memories of doing growing up was priceless.

No comments: