9. 29. 11
Our fourth anniversary. Oddly enough we didn't get a picture of the two of us together on our anniversary...oh well! Friday Night Jana watched Everett so we could go to the temple and out to dinner. The temple was wonderful and much needed, and we randomly ened up going to this tepanyaki japanese restaurant, the kind where they cook your food for you in front of you, and make an onion volcano, toss shrimps into your mouth, and have all kind s of entertaining things to do and say while they make your meal. It was delish and really fun! We hadn't been out too many times without Everett, I mean, you don't think having a little one tagging along makes that much of a difference, until you go out without them! It was fun! Reminiscent of when we were dating! We went out shopping after that, which was a gift in itself because John has almost no patience for shopping, so it was so fun for me to have him there, he picked things out for me, offered objective opinions and compliments, and we found some awesome deals! That was so fun for me, to have him come in, have an opinion, and encourage me to buy things because they looked good on me! I told him that was the best gift he could have given me!

On our actual anniversary, he set up a candlelight dinner on our balcony, it was scrumptious seared salmon, new potatoes, and parmesan asparagus! YUMMMM!!! It was so good! Then he spoiled me even more with a stunning orchid {I always tell him i think buying bouquets of flowers is a waste, they just die, and he said I can't tell him he can't buy his lady flowers if he wants! I am thrilled with the orchids that are still in bloom 4 months later!} He also got me some really cool running shoes {i know, not a typical anniversary gift, but I really wanted them!}
The best gift though was a pull out trash can! Ever since we bought this house, I wanted to install the kind of trash that is hidden in your cabinets, it looks like a cabinet, and you pull it out to throw something away, I HATE having a trash can out in the open, it's waaaay too gross! Well, John wasn't convinced it would work at our new house, but I so desperately wanted it {I know...I'm wierd} so he got it for me and installed it for me! What a prince! He said that the traditional anniversary gift for the fourth year was an appliance, built in trash can is more that good enough for me!
I gave him a gorgeous framed picture of the Logan Temple, one of those antiqued looking ones, I ordered it from a photographer who personalized it with out name and wedding date :)
Pretty flowers
Scrumptious food (I know these photos aren't great...night time...flash...)
Man I adore
make that, men I adore...
= a happy girl
Happy anniversary to my honey babe, you convince me every day that I made the right choice in choosing you to spend forever with! XOXO

1 comment:
How totally adorable is that to see Everett with you at your romantic dinner?! I love that picture! Sounds like a fab anniversary! What a great husband, deserved by a great wife!
Post a Comment