Monday, January 30, 2012

PREGNANT!!!

So, I'm pregnant! YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!! my family already knows, but for those of you who aren't related by blood, we're expecting another little one in our family, around the beginning of August!

We are soooo excited!

I'm totally feeling like this one is a girl, because I've been sick {BLECH} and I wasn't at ALL with Everett, I have LOTS of cravings, the other night we had JUST finished dinner (like minutes before) and I told john I was having a dilemma, I was craving a jamba juice smoothie, a hot fudge sundae with whipped cream and nuts, ice cream with berries, chocolate cake with ganache frosting, nachos, plain chips and salsa, and a quesadilla...I ended up making chocolate chip cookies... I know I know, that doesn't "mean" anything but, I just have a feeling...On that same note though, I keep thinking about how wonderful it will be if Everett has a little brother, he'll be so cute with a sister, but I really want him to have a brother that's close to him too...so honestly I want a boy, and a girl. :) John wants a boy, a buddy for Everett, but obviously we're both just really excited about adding to our family, we'll be stoked either way! Actually, John wants us to wait to find out...no way. Maybe once I have had a boy and a girl, I won't be so anxious about finding out, who knows.

Okay so I am 12 weeks today, but that's a story. I went into the Dr when I thought I was 12 weeks along, I was super pumped, the first trimester just flies by, but when they did an ultrasound, the little gummi bear was measuring at 9 weeks...so instead of being due July 27, I am now die August 13th!!! I LOST THREE WEEKS! BOOOOOOO...three weeks is like FOREVER in a pregnancy, especially at the beginning! So, now I am finally 12 weeks for reals :)

It's true what they say about your body and your second baby. I'm already showing. I can still wear pants just fine, but I have a GUT, doesn't look like a preggers belly unless I'm wearing a dress, then it's kinda cute...otherwise, I just look like I ate too many donuts, you know, like a muffin top...depressing a bit because my neighbor and good friend is something like 24 ish weeks, and she is BARELY starting to show...she's SUPER tall though, I just keep telling myself, this is just how my body reacts to pregnancy, EMBRACE THIS BELLY! :) So I'm working on it:) I'm actually looking forward to having a REAL pregnant belly so I can wear tighter fitted shirts and look cute, instead of wearing the same loose shirts with a cardigan to hide my not so pregnant looking bulge ;)

I really can't complain though, the nausea is pretty much a gonner, and already I love this little baby growing inside of me, such a little miracle! I feel SO extremely blessed to be able to carry this little one!

We told our parents over for Christmas in a really cute way, I made them a brag book (which I was already doing for their gifts anyway) with a page for each grandchild with photos etc, and then I left a page blank after the last grandbaby, on that page I put a post-it note that said "Grandbaby number 10, ETA August 2012" When my parents flipped through the book, they were ooh-ing and Awe-ing at every page, and then BAM, the page with the post-it! My mom screamed and Dad, didn't really scream, but I he just laughed in an excited kind-of way. It was really fun telling them that way, but it was THE HARDEST SECRET I have ever had to keep! We were at my parents house for an entire WEEK before Christmas Day, and I had been sick and super tired, I wanted to explain myself, I wanted to TALK about the new baby coming etc etc etc, but I was good and I waited, although every night I would beg John, PLEASE can we give them this present early?! He wouldn't budge! I literally couldn't sleep Christmas Eve because I was so excited to tell everyone! (I didn't even tell STEPH!!!) When we got back to Utah we did the same thing with Johns mom! It was so exciting!

I can't stop thinking about summer, I am so sick of winter, I want it to be WARM, and nice, I want to go CAMPING, and eat SNO-CONES, and sit on the balcony in the evening, and have BBQ's, and eat corn on the cob and cold watermelon, I wanna go swimming (I'm sure I'll look like SHAMU, but I have no shame :) Anyway, that's about it for now, we're really excited!!

By the way, any of you mom's out there ever bought a pregnancy pillow? The kind that sort of wraps arounds your body, supports your head, back, knees and stomach...thinking about getting one, any advice?

Also, I cannot WAIT to see Everett be a big brother, he is SO cute with baby Evelyn, always whispering to her in her carseat and calling her Bay-by...he touches her so soft, it's so tender, I cannot wait!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Hooray! You make the cutest little babies...and look...yet ANOTHER pregnancy buddy. I know so many people due around that time. :)

I went in at 12 weeks but wasn't sure if my estimate was right and I was off but in a better way than you! Haha! I'm due the middle of July instead of closer to the end of July. :) Not to rub it in or anything. :P

Jenni Call said...

I wish we lived closer...we sure miss you all. Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the excuse to eat craving! LOL, one of the pregnancy perks.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

WHOOO HOOO!!!!!! Ok, I totally already knew. I just did! I had this feeling "I feel like Courtenay is pregnant, and if not- then she is going to be soon". I just had this feeling!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! The cravings- oh my gosh- haha- you sound like how I was! I would crave like 10 opposite things at the SAME TIME and it would be SUCH a dilema of WHAT to choose! It would all sound SO GOOD!!! hahah. So funny. I'm so sorry you have been feeling so sick. It is the worst! Thankgoodness that time will soon be over, just hang on a little longer! You'll be able to find out the sex in a few weeks! Well... month! ha but still soon! That sucks about the 3 weeks- that is a long time in pregnancy world! That would kill me to wait that long to tell my parents! You are strong! I've enjoyed all your comments so much! It's been so nice to hear from you! I was afraid for awhile I'd never hear from you again! I totally understand how busy you are, but I really missed you! I'm so pumped about your pregnancy! It'd be fun both ways- boy for everett but then girl since you don't have one yet. love you!!!!!

Emily said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So excited for you guys, and that is the worst news ever about getting bumped back 3 weeks. I would die if that happened to me right about now. I don't feel like I can be pregnant for a second longer.

Body pillows are the BOMB!!! I borrowed one with Easton and I wish I had one of my own because I have basically kicked steve out of bed and I surround myself with 5 pillows.

Anyway, so excited for you and can't wait to find out what you're having! John is nuts.

Danielle said...

YAY! So happy for you! It's so funny what Amy said, cause I thought you were pregnant too. I just felt like it was the right time...hahaha. AND when I saw your picture of you sleeping from Christmas, it just looked like maybe I was right. And I'm just so excited for you! YAY!

Jenni said...

Yes yes YES YES YESSSSSSS!!!!! Congratulationssss! It's the greatest ever. It really is. I'm so so so so happy for you guys. I'm totally dying to see Everett be a big brother. He is going to be so tender!! And he is so so so cute so I can't even imagine how precious this new little one will be!!

I'm so glad the nausea is gone. That is a killer!! can't wait to see that belly GROW!!!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Yay!! I can't believe you didn't tell Steph, that must have been so hard to keep a secret! :D Congrats you guys!