I LOVE this picture of "The Colonel"
Jordan has a FOREST! And it smells fresh like it should and it is beautiful!
I haven't seen so many trees since I've been here!
I haven't seen so many trees since I've been here!
Jared needed to plan a 10 mile hike for a merit badge, but having girls along for the hikes is not a Lance family tradition. I convinced them to let me tag along ;) Lane seemed pretty worried about it, I don't know what he was thinking, like he might have to drag me up and down the mountain? Pah-leese! I am one good hiker if I do say so myself. At the beginning the guys stopped for a sec, but I kept going, so then Lane is all "Get up there boys! C'mon we can't let a girl beat us" Oh no he didn't! So of course my pride wouldn't let me stay behind. I had to stay ahead of the gang most of the time after that :)
After about three miles Lane (who is behind me) shouts ahead, "Man Courtenay you got long legs!" I know right? SO funny to me because he was all talk about me not being able to keep up and everything. Whatever. But... then I ate my words when we climbed straight up a ravine. Long legs don't do much but slow you down there, man such a killer, I KNOW I'm going to be feeling this tomorrow! And Jared, who had a harder time on the trail was like a little mountain goat scurrying up the mountain :) Good job Jared-o!
To pass the time while we were hiking along we played the "the first word that comes to mind when I say____ game" It's pretty entertaining to partake of the thought process of these two "Dingle-heimers" as Lane calls them :) So I would think of a word, say Chocolate, and Jared would say the first word (noun) that comes to mind...milky-way, and Jeremy would say...stars, and I would say constellations, and so on and on the game goes, for like an hour and a half:)
So Lane advised us to lay on a rock and elevate our feet so we could drain the blood out of our feet and into the rest of our body. I looks pretty funny, but works great
Also, Lane has made up some pretty good songs to sing along the trail, all in his funny old-timey cowboy singin voice..."Don't let your body git the best of yer mind....and on and on :)" I got a video of it, I'll try to post later, but it's pretty funny!Lane is always giving Jeremy grief about how low he wears his pants, I call him SAGGY bottom boy...
This is Jared with his walking stick / sword / light saber / bazooka / gun
This kid has such a good imagination ;)
We had fun singing and playing games to pass the time on the trail
This is Jared with his walking stick / sword / light saber / bazooka / gun
This kid has such a good imagination ;)
We also got into a traffic jam (big surprise) and a group of abut six Jordanian guys were in their OLD van, laughing so hard at us dancing in the car, and singing along. We decided to make friends, and share our music, Lance turned it WAY up and they started dancing too :) There were also some kids hanging out of their car window waving, laughing and dancing. What a great start to the day :)

4 comments:
Cool Pictures--can't wait for the video. I was really surprised to see all those trees. were they cedar trees? or what. I always love your fashion foreward look--love you and miss you.
Mom
so jealous! I wish we could have accompanied you all on that hike. I can just imagine your musical adventure after witnessing our Petra trip. You rock
Good for you! You show those boys what you're made of! hehe
Hey Court- so jealous! The history, the hiking, and the hilarity all sounds like good fun! It is probably good for Lane to have a girl around - he is so used to "the guy thing"! Keep telling your stories! I really enjoy keeping up with your adventures!
Love ya,
Laura
P.S. Say hi to my "bro"!
Post a Comment